Tri Nation T20 Series 2018 [ Australia , Zimbabwe & Pakistan ] : Zimbabwe Squad declared

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Tri Nation T20 Series 2018 [ Australia , Zimbabwe & Pakistan ] : Zimbabwe Squad declared

Post by Black Mamba »

Zimbabwe squad for T20I tri-series with Australia & Pakistan:

C Zhuwao,C Chibhabha, H Masakadza, S Mire, T Musakanda, T Kamunhukamwe, E Chigumbura, M Waller, B Chari, P Moor, D Tiripano, W Masakadza, T Chisoro, B Muzarabani, R Murray, K Jarvis, C Mpofu, P Masvaure, J Nyumbu, R Burl, B Mavuta, R Magarira

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZimCricketv/ ... 543937?p=v

News going around, Brendan Taylor, Sikandar Raza, Craig Ervine, Graeme Cremer and Sean Williams will all be absent from the Zimbabwe team for the tri-series against Australia and Pakistan, essentially because they haven't been paid.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Tri Nation T20 Series 2018 [ Australia , Zimbabwe & Pakistan ] : Zimbabwe Squad declared

Post by sloandog »

I'm not even going to follow this series. Fuck Prosper Utseya

Googly

Re: Tri Nation T20 Series 2018 [ Australia , Zimbabwe & Pakistan ] : Zimbabwe Squad declared

Post by Googly »

Is it normal to pick 22 players in a squad?
I can’t get why there’s no solidarity amongst the players, one way or the other.
I get that the new guys will be opportunistic, but don’t agree with it. What I don’t get is the unpaid centrally contracted guys all having differing stances. We’re at a watershed here.

Googly

Post by Googly »

And it’s possible that some guys have been paid and others haven’t which is even more outrageous.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

From the guys who have made themselves available this is the best possible squad. 22 is too many though. Good to see Muzrabani in there.

Disappointed not to see Brendan but I guess he has made himself unavailable.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

So the only players who haven't been paid are the whites (+ Raza)? Thats discriminatory...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

Hard to gauge that. I’d say that the players who indicated that they would play without pay probably got something and those that said fuck that probably didn’t, which is how ZC rolls and how they keep the dumb ones towing the line along with their class favourites.
I just read an article that said ZC claimed 45% of their money went towards wages. I’m sure we worked out somewhere that the players were jointly paid about $2m a year so that means admin take the bulk of it.
Do you think they know how deep the shit is, or are they blindly optimistic that world cricket needs Zimbabwe? If they don’t have an ace up their sleeve at this meeting and pray we have a couple of reasonably good outcomes in this series then I’d say they’ve misjudged what’s coming our way. We are no longer of consequence and the cricketing world knows that even with good governance (which there never will be anyway) we no longer bring anything to the table. We might win a T20 on D/L but unfortunately it’s not going to rain.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Wasn't Brendan Taylor along with Kyle Jarvis paid upfront?
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

I guess the 22 man squad is in case some players grow a spine in the next few days and pull out. Not likely. I see Taibu is haranguing them on his twitter account. Whilst I applaud his stance it’s somewhat ironic that he was in the same position all those years ago and failed, I wonder if he recalls that with even a twinge of remorse/embarrassment/shame? That old wheel of life if you live long enough always teaches you a lesson.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Taibu is the wrong target here. He is a very good person compared to the prospers of the world