Tri Nation T20 Series 2018 [ Australia , Zimbabwe & Pakistan ] : Zimbabwe Squad declared

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Tri Nation T20 Series 2018 [ Australia , Zimbabwe & Pakistan ] : Zimbabwe Squad declared

Post by Googly »

Ya I was wondering that as well Eugene. I recall a rumour about that. It would make Taylor’s stand even more laudable and the others’ even more shameful.

Googly

Re: Tri Nation T20 Series 2018 [ Australia , Zimbabwe & Pakistan ] : Zimbabwe Squad declared

Post by Googly »

I’m not targeting Taibu. He’s a victim as well here and I’ve actually always admired the guy, he stands up for what he believes in. I am just pointing out the irony of the situation. He was in the same boat many years ago and fell for the same ruse. Oddly the racial divide was a lot greater in those days and it probably wasn’t a realistic option for him to side with the rebels. He’s been treated abysmally by ZC on a number of occasions. He’s the right guy to be shouting about these ZC scum though.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

I think he was a bit of a starstruck 20 yr old when the 2004 rebel saga blew up. He has certainly matured a lot since then and seen things for how they are.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Taibu's word carries far more weight in Zimbabwe than any white cricketer. A bit hard for ZC and Zanoids to pull the race card on him.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Have they been left out or are they refusing to play? BT and Jarvis got money upfront. In fact BT is said to get half his money in cash. The journalist who leaked those texts even pointed the out the cash part

The truth is I think the players are not taking BT seriously because they know the guys who arent playing are key players so they can come back in a heartbeat. If your place isnt secure its really difficult to make such decisions if you dont trust the people around you. You could even see by the tone of the leaked BT texts he knew guys wouldnt pull through to the meeting.

Bottom line is that this is a all for one and one for all kind of situation. Without a union this would happen anywhere in the world. I hope the players realize this.

Sad that Raza might actually have to retire for him to play the t20 league. Problem is if he does that he can best believe the money owed to him isnt coming soon. They are trying to pressure him to not take part in that league by making him ask himself if its worth not getting the money he is owed.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

This squad can fight in the t20s. They will get blown away in the ODI series. Maybe by then the ICC would have paid them

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Taibu is doing the admirable thing. The only part where I see he is not being fair is asking the kids to take a stand. That is a big ask. Something he himself couldnt do when he was asked to do the same.

Also as I said months ago. Taibu also paid a big role in dividing the domestic and national players by constantly overlooking most of them when playing in the national team is their only way to riches
Last edited by TapsC on Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Did anyone notice Chatara isnt in the squad as well? What happened there?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

So, just looking at the status of nationally contracted players (12 in number I believe?):

Not picked / not made themselves available: Taylor, Williams, Cremer, Ervine
Not made himself available: Raza
Picked: Jarvis, Waller, Hamilton, Moor, Mire
Not considered for T20s: Chakabva
Dropped?: Chatara

I'm pretty certain captaincy awaits Chigumbura now.

Can't understand Chatara's absence amidst all this madness.
At least two of the players selected in the squad are expected to withdraw if the payments are not made, while several others are thought to be sitting on the fence.
Assuming those two to be Jarvis and Hamilton, given that they came back at the fag end of the T20 tournament?

What a farce...

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Of course there are always players ready to step up and play international cricket. These guys are all spineless.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes