Tri Nation T20 Series 2018 [ Australia , Zimbabwe & Pakistan ] : Zimbabwe Squad declared

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Tri Nation T20 Series 2018 [ Australia , Zimbabwe & Pakistan ] : Zimbabwe Squad declared

Post by sloandog »

I won't include Ryan Murray, as he's just a kid, much like Taylor in 2004. He just wants to play for his country at this point and make some headway.

Waller I agree

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Tri Nation T20 Series 2018 [ Australia , Zimbabwe & Pakistan ] : Zimbabwe Squad declared

Post by Black Mamba »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:56 pm
I won't include Ryan Murray, as he's just a kid, much like Taylor in 2004. He just wants to play for his country at this point and make some headway.

Waller I agree
Ryan Murray can score better then seasonal failure Chibhabha & Chigumbura

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Yet he didn't score a 50 in the recently concluded warm up games..

I think he's going to be a very good addition to the side in the next year, but right now I think he needs to prove to us that his batting is as good as his wicket keeping. Having seen him keep he looks the real deal

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:56 pm

Waller I agree
We have to include Murray, Magarira, Madhereve (if he was included) to show ICC cricket that we developing youth so that we don't look bad...
Hey Hami & Chigumbura batting 3rd & 4th respectively, PJ Moor opening & Waller at 6th we got some experience...

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Just saw Taibu's updates on Twitter in the last 24 hours. Absolutely spectacular attack on "his" rising stars, Chigs, Hamilton and Chamu to stand for principles. Sadly, nothing fairy tale happening...

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Looks like Jarvis Burl Hami Waller and PJ are in the final 15 according to one journalist. Magarira, Prince kamunhukamwe, Donald and Nyumbu miss out.

Dont know how Chamu was picked over Kamunhukamwe . He has been hopeless for a while. We need to start building for the future. Wellington over Magarira must have been a hard one too.

Lets see if the journalist got it right but thats what she posted. Still no BT, Williams, Ervine and Cremer according to her. I wonder why Jarvis cracked. Maybe he feels there is competition for his place. I think he is still one of our best though.

kudet

Post by kudet »

https://twitter.com/ZimCricketv/status/ ... 5316112385

squad has been announced. i wonder who then is the captain

Zimbabwe's final squad for T20I triseries vs Australia and Pakistan: Zhuwao, Chibhabha, Chari, Musakanda, Malcolm Waller, Moor, Chisoro, Jarvis, Mavuta, Blessing Muzarabani, Mpofu, Burl, Mire, Murray, Hamilton Masakadza, Wellington Masakadza, Chigumbura

source.. Zimbabwe Cricket on Twitter

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m going with Moor for captain.

kudet

Post by kudet »

me thinks its one of Musakanda, Chamu or Elton, basing on Taibu's last tweet about captaincy

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:16 pm
I’m going with Moor for captain.
If he gets his game right he would be a good pick. He is a natural leader even from his earlier days. It wouldnt be the worst move considering that a lot of these guys might not be playing soon as they are in their 30s. A younger leader as we go into the future wouldnt be the worst pick.

Maybe Jarvis too.