Tri Nation T20 Series 2018 [ Australia , Zimbabwe & Pakistan ] : Zimbabwe Squad declared

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Tri Nation T20 Series 2018 [ Australia , Zimbabwe & Pakistan ] : Zimbabwe Squad declared

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Moor or Mire to lead I feel.

If Moor hasn't worked on his keeping much of late, Murray might be a definite starter in the XI. Could be a good thing given his keeping prowess.

Can't help but feel though, a full strength Zim could have run this Aus team close - given how miserable their performances have been in England ODIs. Pak is a lottery any day. We could have pulled off a win or two.

Googly

Re: Tri Nation T20 Series 2018 [ Australia , Zimbabwe & Pakistan ] : Zimbabwe Squad declared

Post by Googly »

Ya Murray will probably play.
I’m still not convinced the tour is going ahead, no-one really wants to come here. Pakistan May feel they owe us a favour, but let’s see Australia’s decision.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yeah, Chibhabha over Kamunhukamwe is a woeful selection too.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... tri-series

A little more info here. I suspect the squad is so big because they suspect some guys wont play.

Googly

Post by Googly »

ZC love saying they’ve made a massive investment in certain players. We make the least investment in our players from when they can hold a cricket bat until whatever point they leave in disgust. They’re underpaid or not paid at all, they go on one age group tour every couple of years, which has more often than not been funded by parents and during the year the best age group players are not seen anywhere near ZC or their coaches who just log up fictitious hours in the bush somewhere.
We play less games than any other nation and have more games cancelled than any other nation.
Being employed by ZC doesn’t mean you should lie in their behalf.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

This is true. I dont know why they act like its their personal money.

Well looks like Raza is off to Canada. If ZC cleared him to play then I suspect that he will honour his word and play in the ODIs. This squad they picked might not look so bad in the t20s but they will get absolutely demolished in ODIs. Ervine and Williams are not exactly the greatest t20 players but are definitely among our top 5 ODI batsmen. The real misses for the t20s are Taylor and Raza. Cremer too although I believe Chisoro can do the job in t20s. There is a lot more competition for places in the bowling department.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well the grim reality is that it is their personal money.
It’s hard to envisage ICC tolerating us for much longer, but they well might. It’s hard to fathom why they’ve allowed this to continue as they have because it’s apparent that we’ve been overtaken by quite a few countries that were miles behind us a few years ago and will be justifiably aggrieved that we get a lot more money than they do.
ICC itself is an Old Boys club and the only thing that will keep us alive is someone that can rub shoulders with that motley crew. We are now pariahs and they’re wanting to shed us, but protocols have to be followed which basically involves them throwing good money after bad for a while and letting the clock wind down.
The only way to keep us alive is for someone with genuine credentials to fight in our corner, and it can’t be as mere window dressing because that tried and tested ruse has gotten old.
I’m curious about Van Der Bijl’s role, he’s been very quiet if he’s around. I’d like to know the extent of his mandate and whether he knows or cares that he’s possibly the window dressing I’m talking about.
You can’t tiptoe around being half pregnant, trying to help Zim cricket, but making sure you don’t bite the hand that feeds you.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Any reason for the early 10am starts to these T20s?

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Mr Twig wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:41 pm
No floodlights in ZIM and short days since it’s winter?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Mr Twig wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:41 pm
No floodlights in ZIM and short days since it’s winter?
Always been like that though and usually the games start at 1pm or 2pm.