Taibu: 'Taylor being targeted unfairly'

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Taibu: 'Taylor being targeted unfairly'

Post by TapsC »

Jemisi wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:09 am
The abject poverty around them is a massive plus for ZC in this. The context is totally different to places where people have plenty of options.
Yup heard an interview on the radio where the presenter was saying a lot of the guys who Taibu wanted to boycott actually need that money. Even if it is $500. The economic situation in the country is really sad. So sad that a lot of people are not sympathetic here because not getting paid on time is actually a normal thing now. It also makes a lot of people bitter at Taylor earning so much yet he is actually trying to do the right thing.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Taibu's twitter has some hidden cryptic gems. Looks like they have found a new captain and the guy admitted to Taibu that he accepted. I wonder who it is. I dont think they will pick BT after this. Raza would be the next choice but is he committed to the cause? They have never really liked Hami. Interesting times ahead because I think its one of the striking senior players for sure.

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

It would have to be one of the striking players I would suspect. Outside of them the most experienced regular player would be Chris Mpofu, seems unlikely to me but I would certainly like to see that happen.

#Mpofumania #CaptainBobby
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

It could very well be Mpofu.

But I feel it could be Tiripano.

While all this will be out in the open any time soon, I couldn't stop from hazarding a guess myself.

zimstarr
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimstarr »

I think its solomon mire

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I was thinking Bobby

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

There would be worse choices than Bobby but it seems ridiculous to be writing that sentence.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Taibu has really jumped into this head on. His latest about Chawaguta:
I think Walter Chawaguta must chose his words very carefully before I release life damaging information which is I also have on record. For a man who preaches it will not be nice for me to do so. Please don't push me to do things like that....

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well if it’s cricket related you have to wonder why he’s holding back. This is why there can never be resolution, guys with dirt on each other dancing around and not actually throwing a proper punch. Drop a bombshell and get in with it ffs.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Taibu and BT dont seem to be holding back. I just hope its cricket related and not anything else. Also how does a man of God like Taibu become so vicious? :lol: The gloves do look like they are off but they better make sure they win the fight otherwise there might be no way back for Taibu. BT is too important and he knows this. Thats why he can say whatever he wants.

I also feel like they are targeting the wrong person. I dont think Walter is a bad person in all of this. We know who the real problem is but nobody ever wants to go straight for their head.

Finally is Walter lying about them not being available? I highly doubt that. Its obvious they have not made themselves available because they have the balls to stand up to Mukuhlani and co. The narrative of them being dropped is unlikely.