Donald Butchart

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Donald Butchart

Post by eugene »

I see Donald Butchart is in Leicestershire's squad. Anyone know much about him? Don't think I have seen his name mentioned on this forum.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Donald Butchart

Post by jward »

Donald is the son of Iain Butchart. I guess his dad suggested to him that a career in English cricket is a safer option than in Zimbabwe!

Googly

Post by Googly »

I didn’t even know he was a cricketer. I never noticed him at school here and he didn’t play any age group stuff in Zim. Not that that means anything because they overlooked a lot of good kids.
I see he’s played a list A game so that generally means he has to have a contract of sorts, possibly a summer contract? All power to him, his dad was a good player.

Terryalderman

Post by Terryalderman »

Slightly off topic but I was talking to a farm advisor who goes to South Africa today aswell as neighbouring countries and he said white farmers have been invited back to Zimbabwe to reboot the economy. Is there any truth to this?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya they’re inviting people back, they’re still taking farms away, they’re making billion dollar deals with every country on the planet, they’re promising a new dawn to anyone who cares to listen. It’s election season and the stupidity from the electorate knows no bounds.
We still don’t have our own currency! :lol:
They’re promising title deeds to “acquired” acquired land because communal farming doesn’t seem to work very well. It’s just another day here. :lol: