Squad Selection Discussion : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan ( 5 Odis )

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: Squad Selection Discussion : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan ( 5 Odis )

Post by sam_ahm »

The entire situation is hurting the fans and cricket in the country than anything else and may eventually kill cricket in the country.

If this is about Streak, then it is not fair on the part of the players. I agree that Streak had the best interests of ZC at heart and tried to give his best, but performances wise the team was clearly not upto the mark.

In the game against UAE, overall Zimbabwe looked nervous right from the beginning. Raza dropped a crucial catch of Naveed that cost them vital runs. Dropping Chisoro and Zhuwao for that match was not the right call. Zhuwao may not be that good, but against lesser opponents there is every chance he can get you a quick 35-40. In the penultimate over, astonishingly Ervine didn't play a shot in anger, knowing very well that the last over will be bowled by Naveed who is UAEs best bowler. Those were very very poor tactics.

So if Streak was dropped, although still a wrong call, but not the worst decision in the world. The manner in which he was fired again was very unprofessional, but thats exactly what happened with Dav Whatmore as well... ZC are known for such unprofessional sackings.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

TapsC you aren't getting it, probably because you are similar to some guy called Senyo Nyakutse who on another forum declared his loyalty to ZC and the continued"struggle" which is the struggle to get white people out. PLus by all means the guy is broke and needs a life line :lol: :lol: :lol:
I just want some clarity because for me it looks like this is about Streak. They played under him and he made sure they were paid for the CWQ. When he left what happend exactly?
Is it about Streak- yes and no. Of course it has to be partially about streak, who else was moulding our team into one of the best teams we have had for ages. Forget the UAE game, this is a red herring Zim has fallen so far behind we were lucky to beat Afghan and Scotland draw to get to UAE stage.
ZC Board were desperate enough to acknowledge this and allowed more than 4 whites in the team for the first time ever.
SO the players are quite legitimately staying away until they are paid----this is ZC fault of non-payment ALONE. Not STreakys or anyone elses-ZC not paying.
That in itself allows players to do what they please, some have decided to carry on playing in the hope they get played, or happy that streak etc are suing ZC which will ensure they get paid.
What it is really about is enough is enough
Enough of the players going without --when the admin run around loaded with cash, being flown and accommodated everywhere, their huge houses and second houses and houses down south, their mistresses get more money then the cricketers, their drug habits and alcoholc parties swiped on ZC account for a $60k night out, their brown bag envelopes of US$ to their board members for "consultation.Their inability to understand cricket, some of the Board not knowing which way to hold a bat. This is why they have had enough, the cricket kit bought by ZC for development and then flogged off bit by bit as their own shop and they keep the profits. The fraud from ZC pretending to pay for medical aid but never have as its gone into their pockets.
Taibu mentions it about the ignorance about cricket- and one board member quote " this is stupid game why do both play in white, i don't know which team is which!" They promptly ate the free lunch and walked out with a bottle of whisky.
Part of the board pre requisite is to watch at least 1 hour a month of sport on dstv.

SO Tapsc it is really about decades of abuse, its about Bvute overstepping and getting so greedy because he got away with whatever he wanted to do that he has overspent as he enjoyed the lifestyle with his businesses and overseas houses and American Residency bought by ZC money.
He rode the wave of "liberation" dues but instead of farms the upstart stole the cricket. Now as law and order are set to return under ED, e will be kicked off his cricket with his cronies.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Lets just see if people have the same energy when the ICC pays everybody from the players to the fired coaches. Lets see if people will still have the appetite to remove the board. If I was betting man I would bet on everybody going back to work like they do every single time. We have seen this happen dozens of times. Did we not just see Alistair Campbell doing the commentary?

matland
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by matland »

""TapsC you aren't getting it, probably because you are similar to some guy called Senyo Nyakutse who on another forum declared his loyalty to ZC and the continued"struggle" which is the struggle to get white people out. PLus by all means the guy is broke and needs a life line ""

If Senyo is so happy with ZC he should deregister from the Bonsa Spar T20 and play in the ZC sponsored tournament which isnt.
I really thought he was better than that.
It must kill him to coach a schoolboy side with whites in it.

People are being led astray by the board.
The bottom line as I see it is Zim cricket is in a total mess.
It started at the top and has permeated all the way down to the bottom which is the grass roots and the future of the game we love.
Cricket is a culture and a lifestyle and those in charge just dont and never will get it.
If you dont put something in at some point you wont get anything out.
After years of no input we are left scratching for talent and performances.
The talent has always been there,it has just been neglected,imagine where we would be sitting if these cretins knew what they were doing?

Talk to any club cricketer and they will bitch and moan about ZC,ask them to get off their arses and do something about it and it is not going to happen,its a cultural/years of chef abuse thing.And a the majority of these guys have absolutely nothing else so will take whatever is offered.
So its hard to knock them,but knock them we must because this is their future too.
Remember the board is political so have years of deflecting stealing and lying under their belts.

Fingers are always pointed at the dysfunctional economy which arent a lie but if you getting money from the ICC how the hell can the thieves use that as an excuse.
How do you countenance development coaches holding coaching sessions at BAC and then either not pitching or spending the afternoon slouched under a tree?
How do you get Emakhandeni being built as a "shining example" and theres a ditch running in front of the nets,no need to produce quicks I presume.
The pitch getting weeded whilst the players are warming up,no need to toss cos the umpires only pitch 45 minutes after the scheduled start.
The outfield not getting cut,I presume the board or their flunkies run cattle as well?
Lets not get started on the "improvements" to Queens and BAC for the qualifiers.
This what one gets at the bottom when we have what we have at the top.

9 million dollars a year for doing nothing (to better or run the game)
750 thousand dollars a month.
I wish my paws could get that grubby.
Whatever the disbursement changes to the bottom line is where did the money go ?

Ah well at least the weather is improving and there are 3 T20 games to watch on sunday.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well said. We want the ICC and anyone else to come and talk to some white guys on the ground as well. We’re studiously avoided, they think we make shit up.
The stuff we have to say is so bad that it has to be a lie :lol: