Squad Selection Discussion : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan ( 5 Odis )

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Squad Selection Discussion : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan ( 5 Odis )

Post by zimfan1 »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:46 pm
Latest is the Zim team are in Bulawayo bedded down in Glen Lodge because no hotel in Bulawayo will let them stay until their past bills are paid!!

Pakistan is stuck in Harare at Meikles as the problem is the same, no hotel booked in Byo.

ZC are pretending that Pakistan are not coming due to fears of violence which really makes Zanu-PF look weak and feeble.

Pakistan due to travel on Thursday by bus!
The saga continues and most likely the games will be played in Harare.
Liam Brickhill

The Pakistan team touring Zimbabwe had to delay plans to travel from Harare to Bulawayo after it emerged that they wouldn't have a hotel to stay in.

The team is in Harare at the moment, having triumphed in a T20I tri-series in which they beat the hosts and Australia to the title. They are scheduled to play a five-match ODI series against Zimbabwe in Bulawayo, starting on Friday.

After winning the final on Sunday, Pakistan were originally scheduled to fly out on Monday evening but had to reschedule because the hotel they were due to stay in demanded payment upfront for the booking and Zimbabwe Cricket was initially unable to provide it, which resulted in the cancellation of the booking.

ZC has been in a financial crisis for some time now, having had to postpone domestic tournaments and struggled to pay players and employees. They have at least the promise of some help from the ICC now.

The situation with Pakistan's hotel bookings has since been rectified and the tourists will now fly to Bulawayo - a journey of under an hour by air - on Thursday morning, when their rooms become available. They will train on Thursday afternoon, ahead of the first ODI.

The Zimbabwe squad arrived in Bulawayo on Monday night and trained on Tuesday morning. The teams will play all five ODIs at Queens Sports Club from July 13 to 22.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

This is a complete and utter disgrace.

How embaressing is this?! How are we a full member nation when we can't even afford to put up a touring team in a bog standard hotel??

Absolutely diabolical! I'm cringing as i type this

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Want to go for this squad against Pakistan

1)Solomon Mire ( C) 2)Prince Masvaure 3)Brian Chari 4)Tarisai Musakanda 5)Ryan Burl 6)Peter Moor (wkb),7)Ryan Murray (wkb) 8)T Tsiga 9)T Munyonga / T Kamhukunkamwe10)Faraz Akram 11)B Mavuta 12)B Muzarabani 13)D Tiripano 14) B Zhawi 15)T Chisoro

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

This is a complete and utter disgrace.

How embaressing is this?! How are we a full member nation when we can't even afford to put up a touring team in a bog standard hotel??

Absolutely diabolical! I'm cringing as i type this
Meanwhile the erstwhile genius Nick Singo commented that the Glen Lodge is better than "those other hotels"(assume he means those international standard holiday inn! The same ones that demand payment up front from a dodgy ZC.) I wonder who owns glen lodge?? :ugeek:
He managed to blame ALL of zimbabwe is in a financial crisis hence the inability of ZC to pay :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is the guy in charge of the second largest province, who got moved here because of his documented shennanigans and complaints from parents as he was "managing" the U19;s.
Meanwhile the Pakistanis stay at the Meikles Hotel, costing ZC even more money!!!!! Yet no one resigns or sacks themselves for this incompetence?

Edit:i'm not having a go at the Pakistanis- my apologies from good Zimbabweans for the appalling treatment.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Tomorrow is the first game and ZC haven't even officially named a squad. How disgusting is this!?

Sad but looks difficult to save cricket in Zimbabwe with such people in charge. I fear this might be the end of the careers of Brendan Taylor, Raza, Williams, Ervine and Cremer. Very very sad.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Mire out injured :?

Roche, Ngarava and Kamunhukamwe called up

Ryan Burl, Mavuta, Mpofu and Zhuwao left out.
@ZimCricketv ODI squad vs @TheRealPCB: Chari, Chatara, Chibhabha, Chigumbura, Chisoro, Kamunhukamwe, Hamilton Masakadza (captain), Wellington Masakadza, Moor, Murray, Musakanda, Blessing Muzarabani, Ngarava, Roche, Tiripano, Malcolm Waller #ZIMvPAK
Last edited by zimfan1 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

zimfan1 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:36 am
Mire out injured :?

Roche, Ngarava and Kamunhukamwe called up

Mavuta and Zhuwao left out.
@ZimCricketv ODI squad vs @TheRealPCB: Chari, Chatara, Chibhabha, Chigumbura, Chisoro, Kamunhukamwe, Hamilton Masakadza (captain), Wellington Masakadza, Moor, Murray, Musakanda, Blessing Muzarabani, Ngarava, Roche, Tiripano, Malcolm Waller #ZIMvPAK

Mpofu dropped....Seasonal failures Chigumbura, Chibhabha, Waller still shining because of Chawaguta

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

The three who have been called up I have absolutely no issues with what so ever; three talents which require attention and match time. Added to the fact that Murray, Mavuta, Musakanda and Burl are there as well shows that the selectors are at least looking to the future.

But man, Waller, Chigumbura, Chibahba? Swap these guys with Taylor, Williams/Ervine and Raza and this would be a very healthy squad; a good blend of youth, experience and genuine ODI class. Annoying that this hasn't been sorted out and out to bed :evil:

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Brendan Taylor, Raza, Williams, Ervine and Cremer. Very very sad.
I think you are right. Which is sad and i hope they also sue for loss of earnings, i'd rather a cricketer gets the icc dosh then some guy who spends his time doinking other peoples wives.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I've just realised Ryan Burl is missing, and only clocked on that Mavuta has been excluded :twisted: