Squad Selection Discussion : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan ( 5 Odis )

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Squad Selection Discussion : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan ( 5 Odis )

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Zimbabwe lost all of their 4 T20s in the recently held Tri Nation Series that featured Pakistan & Australia, but their performances in last two matches against the Aussies & Pakistan were competative.

Zimbabwe's next fixture is 5 odis against Pakistan and again eyes will be on team selection, as Zimbabwe were out of the services of the senior star players in tri nation t20 series, because of protest against non payment of their salaries. With ICC now set to give the funds to ZC, its all possible now that the star players who opted out will get paid.Time to watch out weather stars make their return to the odi squad.

Players who failed in Tri nation t20 needs to be dropped.
Peter Moor 51 runs in 4 matches, Hamilton Masakadza 34 runs in 4 matches, Elton Chigumbura 28 runs in 4 matches, Cephas Zhuwao 24 runs in 2 matches, Ryan Burl 18 runs in 2 matches, Chamu Chibhabha 18 runs in 2 matches, Malcolm Waller 13 runs in 2 matches

Selection in contention :

Batting Performers in Pro 50 :

Kamhukunkamwe 379 runs 9 matches, Brian Chari 316 runs 8 matches, T Tsiga 300 runs in 9 matches, P Masvaure 271 runs in 8 matches

Bowling & Allrounder Performers in Pro 50 :

B Zhawi 14 wickets in 8 matches, T Munyonga 11 wickests, 159 runs in 9 matches, Faraz Akram 6 wickets in 7 matches, 187 runs in 7 matches, Liam Roche 5 wickets, 201 runs in 6 matches
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Squad Selection Discussion : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan ( 5 Odis )

Post by sloandog »

Mavuta with the ball, Murray/Tsiga with the gloves, Musakanda, Burl (needs to open, clearly not a middle to lower order batter) Kamunhukamwe and Roche with the bat. This is the crop we need to work withgoing forward.

Forget Welch, Byrom and Curtis for the time being. There's enough talent in this small batch which can legit be moulded into top international players.

tawac

Post by tawac »

We seriously need to be moving from players like Chibhabha, Elton as they seem to longer have much to offer. Our focus should shift to the younger players and give them the much need exposure. It would be much wiser for ZC to organize A games but since we don't have any we should be looking to blood some of the youngsters now. Its will be interest to see how guys like Kamunhukamwe, Tsiga, Murray would carry on, on the big stage. Just wonder if our selectors are will to give these guys a chance.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Vision 2023 should start now. If you are not going to be around then you shouldnt be a priority in my opinion. Its time for Waller Zhuwao Elton Bobby Chamu and Hami to make way for the kids. Chari,PJ,Mire,Murray, Roche, Welly, Mavuta, Blessing, Tari, Burl, Kamunhukamwe, Ngarava and Tsiga should start getting more constant game time.

I saw Ngarava the other day. Looks like he is really making an effort to bulk up. Definitely not as skinny as Blessing. I wonder how quick he is now. He is also very tall himself. I was surprised.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

tawac wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:05 am
We seriously need to be moving from players like Chibhabha, Elton as they seem to longer have much to offer. Our focus should shift to the younger players and give them the much need exposure. It would be much wiser for ZC to organize A games but since we don't have any we should be looking to blood some of the youngsters now. Its will be interest to see how guys like Kamunhukamwe, Tsiga, Murray would carry on, on the big stage. Just wonder if our selectors are will to give these guys a chance.

Its hard to happen when selector like Chawaguta comes out defending these old horses

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

Its hard to happen when selector like Chawaguta comes out defending these old horses
He is a bottom feeder.
So is the Indian coach....really is he that desperate.
Chioza, Walter "the sleeping all the time"fitness coach

The players are all sell outs in particular the older players, Hami playing both sides. Nyumbu the snitch and thanking GOD for his success at making the National side when he should be thanking his opportunistic bones and the players of moral fibre sitting out.

Squad selection should be
1)fire the board and the coach and the cheating lying defrauding Utseya plus Chawaguta as without his masters he has no strings to move.Fire Walter, fire Anesu,fire chioza you cannot be part of a winning team with a spineless tech team
2)Pick a squad to include.... Williams,Irvine,Cremer,Taylor,Raza,Moor,Burl,Murray,Mire,Muzarabani,Nunu,Musakanda,Tiripano,ngarava.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Yes the senior black guys have definitely been onboard with the Board for many years and have been their foot soldiers getting the others to tow the line, it’s common knowledge really, nothing new here. What has really depressed me is how entrenched all these people are. They’re not going anywhere unless something monumental happens, and our cricket cannot recover whilst they are in power. This is the part I don’t get- how can the players and others not see that, surely the utter shambles is as plain as day to everybody. I’m really hoping that those opposing them are a lot more organized than they appear to be. Jimmy is boldly stating that much is going on behind the scenes, but I’m doubting how organized the opposition actually is. I can’t even think who they might be. The typical Zim way is to keep quiet and not raise your head above the parapet until you know the fight is won then come out with fake blood and fake scars like a battle hardened warrior claiming if it went for you they’d still be there. :lol: If, by a miracle, there was a change there would be thousands of guys claiming they were double agents :lol:
This Board cannot save us, sure we will limp along, but that’s about it.
I’ve just read an article where Tari was interviewed and was talking about all the stuff he would one day put in his memoirs. I hope he reads this- Firstly Tari you need a distinguished career before you will be able to write one that would be bought by more than your Mum and Dad and your coach. Ideally you need to average in the mid to high 30’s or only your family will be buying it. Being potentially made a captain of a dying nation will make your best seller about 2 miserable pages long. Playing one one-off Test a year will mean your stats will predominantly be T20 and ODI and there won’t be many of those either. Do not think for one second that this Board will give you a career you can be proud of. Of course you may look back and blame them and say “if only” but the reality is that you should put your hand up now and be part of the solution. That would be your first chapter taken care of, instead of having to shuffle your feet, avert your gaze and lie about it not having been in your hands to make a difference. Life always comes down to a few moments and your main one is blowing right by you, Tarisai “Prosper” Masakanda.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Squad expected to remain the same apart the addition of Kamunhukamwe for Zhuwao.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

zimfan1 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:42 pm
Squad expected to remain the same apart the addition of Kamunhukamwe for Zhuwao.
What could be the issue now if the ICC has taken over? Even if the money hasn't arrived yet surely the guys don't need a guarantee from the ICC. That would be ridiculous to ask for. Unless maybe the board really isnt selecting them but that wouldnt make sense on their part if they are still on the ZC payroll. Why would you pay all that money for people sitting at home?
Last edited by TapsC on Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

zimfan1 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:42 pm
I thought Mire likes to play with Zhuwao
Time to have PJ Moor open with Mire
Drop Chigumbura & Chibhabha