Squad Selection Discussion : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan ( 5 Odis )

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: Squad Selection Discussion : Zimbabwe V/s Pakistan ( 5 Odis )

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Has ZC named the squad yet? Would be wise to select some youngsters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Mire prefers an explosive opener with him because he can settle quietly but in a 50 over game I think we need somebody with patience as well. Kamhunukamwe can also be explosive. I want the kids to be given a chance whilst this issue goes on.

For me I would start like this if these guys arent back.

PJ
Mire
Hami/chari
Burl
Tari
Murray(wk)
Waller
Chisoro
Tiripano
Blessing
Bobby/Welly.(depending on the conditions)

That Jarvis injury really hurt us. Not the strongest team obviously but its the best we got right now. I saw Chatara training. I think it would be a good idea to bring him back to replace Jarvis.

I also want to see what happens with Raza. I thought they issued the NOC with the understanding that he will play the ODIs. That would be a big win for the board if he plays. The big 3 here are BT Raza and Cremer. I honestly believe Burl and Tari could surprise and in a way make up for losing Williams and Ervine but those 3 are irreplaceable.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

We must have Cremer back

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Impact of Chawaguta & Utseya :

Rajput wanted Moor to be the captain, but it was given to Hamilton Masakadza

https://mobile.twitter.com/briangoredem ... 705730?p=v

Prince Masvaure has'nt been selected because of fitness issue though no fitness test was conducted

https://mobile.twitter.com/briangoredem ... 013890?p=v

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Ervine is not replaceable. I used to think Williams and Hamilton were replaceable but most probably not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by Stoneman Returns »

What can be the ideal reason for upcomming 5-0 white wash against Pakistan ?

1) Pakistan, 5th in the ICC Rankings is strong odi side & Zimbabwe players are lack of international standards

2) Absence of Senior players

3)Coach and his tactics isnt good so fire the coach ( 80% possibility)
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Hami is averaging 22 from 15 ODIs this year.Ervine 26. BT 46. Raza 41. Considering this was mainly against opponents on our level, I think those figures show who can be replaced and who cant. Mire is even worse with an average of 17.

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

Jimmy is boldly stating that much is going on behind the scenes, but I’m doubting how organized the opposition actually is. I can’t even think who they might be. The typical Zim way is to keep quiet and not raise your head above the parapet until you know the fight is won then come out with fake blood and fake scars like a battle hardened warrior claiming if it went for you they’d still be there. :lol: If, by a miracle, there was a change there would be thousands of guys claiming they were double agents :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are right in the typical zim way ! :D I hear the SRC were quizzing Mukuhlane and Moyo in Bulawayo on Saturday, put them through the ringer.
It is a difficult fight with a multitude of dimensions going on!
Let me say this though....nothing will happen whilst Pakistan are here but once this series is over we will know which way our cricket will be heading, the judges of the fight will have scored . We hope and feel the hours of work and days of sifting through data sent by fans and Board Members :D alike will have cricket being the winner. We are actually very optimistic with in the realms of reality that changes will be coming-they have already started with the ICC conditions that Muks had to sign.
Our destiny will be in our hands before the end of this month.
As for the Razza NOC, he has no intention of playing i'm sure after the ZC tried to screw him over with that....despite the fact he had not been paid for 4months the brain dead ZC think he is contractually still obliged LMAO! These guys are not only an embarrassment to our cricket but also now make Zanu-PF look incompetent!

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Any updates on the availability of senior players?

What exactly are they protesting now?

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

Latest is the Zim team are in Bulawayo bedded down in Glen Lodge because no hotel in Bulawayo will let them stay until their past bills are paid!!

Pakistan is stuck in Harare at Meikles as the problem is the same, no hotel booked in Byo.

ZC are pretending that Pakistan are not coming due to fears of violence which really makes Zanu-PF look weak and feeble.

Pakistan due to travel on Thursday by bus!
The saga continues and most likely the games will be played in Harare.