Tour of Bangladesh moved up to October 2018

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Tour of Bangladesh moved up to October 2018

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:23 pm
Burl should be opening up top in ODI cricket
Yeah he's a top order player needs to bat top 3 in Tests & ODI's ( if selected )
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

There's a very strong chance Shakib will be missing this series (and the Asia Cup before it) as he needs surgery on his finger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:13 am
There's a very strong chance Shakib will be missing this series (and the Asia Cup before it) as he needs surgery on his finger.
More Chance of missing Zimbabwe series then Asia Cup
Robo to rule :oops:

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

The Robot wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:57 am

More Chance of missing Zimbabwe series then Asia Cup
It might be a lengthy recovery period though. And the BCB president wants Shakib to do it after the Asia Cup and sit out the ZIM series. But I think Shakib will and should do it asap. Still might miss ZIM series, and I hope he does because that will allow Mosaddek to play and should he pile on the runs, cement his place in the side.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:36 pm

It might be a lengthy recovery period though. And the BCB president wants Shakib to do it after the Asia Cup and sit out the ZIM series. But I think Shakib will and should do it asap. Still might miss ZIM series, and I hope he does because that will allow Mosaddek to play and should he pile on the runs, cement his place in the side.
Guys like Shakib like 'filling their boots' so I doubt he'd want to miss the Zim series where he has a chance to boost his numbers
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:09 am

Guys like Shakib like 'filling their boots' so I doubt he'd want to miss the Zim series where he has a chance to boost his numbers
Of course he wouldn't. But he's just left for Mecca to make the Hajj pilgrimage so he won't likely be back until the 24th or 25th of August. I'm assuming his surgeon is David Young in Melbourne, so Shakib wouldn't be able to be operated on till the very end of August or Sept. They are anticipating his recovery will or might take 2-3 months meaning he's going to be out of action till New Years.

If thats the case he will be out for all of the Asia Cup, the ZIM series, and the Windies tour, and possible also part of the BPL. We shouldn't need him vs ZIM and the Windies, but our Asia Cup chances take a huge hit with him out. We'd have had our work cut out to make the final of the AC, as it was, but with him out, its going to be even tougher.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:34 am
jaybro wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:09 am

Of course he wouldn't. But he's just left for Mecca to make the Hajj pilgrimage so he won't likely be back until the 24th or 25th of August. I'm assuming his surgeon is David Young in Melbourne, so Shakib wouldn't be able to be operated on till the very end of August or Sept. They are anticipating his recovery will or might take 2-3 months meaning he's going to be out of action till New Years.

If thats the case he will be out for all of the Asia Cup, the ZIM series, and the Windies tour, and possible also part of the BPL. We shouldn't need him vs ZIM and the Windies, but our Asia Cup chances take a huge hit with him out. We'd have had our work cut out to make the final of the AC, as it was, but with him out, its going to be even tougher.
Windies selection policy is terrible, they are neither giving chance to the star players nor to the domestic cricket performers, giving to much chance to the failures like Walton, Fletcher, Ramdin, Jason Mohammed. Windies needs to pick players like Chandrapaul Hemraj, Brooks, Ambiris... youths like Sherfane Rutherford, F Allen, B King, Athanze, Chamar Holder, O.Smith

Marmolejo

Post by Marmolejo »

It was postponed because of the elections, right?

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:05 pm
jaybro wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:45 am
After the qualifiers I thought it was time to say good bye to possibly Hami, Ervine & Williams, but after seeing what the bench strength is like I’m in no rush to get rid of them.
My thoughts exactly.

Mamba does make a point I generally agree with. If 7 batsmen don't get the job done, 8 is unlikely to as well. Nothing guaranteed of course.

However, Raza-Williams, are both genuine all-rounders IMO. They have both improved their bowling leaps and bounds. Just consider that Raza wasn't even asked to bowl during the last series in BD in 2014. Maybe he bowled an over or two here and there. With those two, 8-3 could be looked at as a 6-5.
South African tour
Zimbabwe X1
Hami - K-long In T20's
Mire
BT
Craig Ervine - Murray in T20's
Raza
William
Musakanda - PJ Moor in T20's
Cremer
Mumba - Chisoro In T20's
Chatara
Blessimg

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Shakib almost certain to miss out the ZIM (and WI tours) this season, as he's been picked for the Asia Cup and will have to have his surgery in late September at the earliest. Means he will likely be out for all of October and November.