Tour of Bangladesh moved up to October 2018

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Tour of Bangladesh moved up to October 2018

Post by Kriterion_BD »

2 Tests and 3 ODIs are now scheduled for this year instead of January 2019 due to general elections and the BPL disrupting normal schedules.

Should be an exciting series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC

Re: Tour of Bangladesh moved up to October 2018

Post by TapsC »

Looking forward to this if we sort ourselves out.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

We definitely need the full side for this

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Full side required right now, against Pakistan.

I actually can't believe I'm hearing that potentially Chibahba, Nyumbu and Chigumbura are being selected ahead of Taylor, Cremer and Williams.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Why? It’s good. They must stand firm. I can’t believe the others are short sighted and stupid enough not to join them.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:07 am
Why? It’s good. They must stand firm. I can’t believe the others are short sighted and stupid enough not to join them.
This isn't benefitting them, though. You know better than anybody how stubborn ZC are in choosing players. The 2004 saga was only intended to be a minor strike until the players got what they wanted, and yet ZC called their bluff and fielded a side of kids; cutting their nose to spite their face scenario.

BT, Williams, Ervine, Cremer and Raza have all shown some balls here, but I'd hate for them to be left out in the cold permenately. If they had more on side I could understand but ZC will simply plod along and select sides without their involvment.

Googly

Post by Googly »

They need a couple of black guys to join their cause and it will be different.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Why didn’t Hamilton join them? Aren’t he and BT good friends?

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Mr Twig wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:26 pm
Why didn’t Hamilton join them? Aren’t he and BT good friends?
Because he is spineless. He doesn't care about the greater cause. Only looking out for himself. He saw an opportunity to be captain and he took it. He will keep doing what keeps him on top, even if means the greater good does not benefit. His mentality has always made me think he was never and international standard cricketer. That he doesn't really care what happens on the field or about improving his game and putting in the hard yards. It almost seems as if playing for zim is by the by. I will be happy for him to prove me wrong,.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:53 am

Because he is spineless. He doesn't care about the greater cause. Only looking out for himself. He saw an opportunity to be captain and he took it. He will keep doing what keeps him on top, even if means the greater good does not benefit. His mentality has always made me think he was never and international standard cricketer. That he doesn't really care what happens on the field or about improving his game and putting in the hard yards. It almost seems as if playing for zim is by the by. I will be happy for him to prove me wrong,.
I've always felt that for a lot of black ZIM players cricket is a job, not something they do for the love of the game. Although ironically, given ZC chronic unwillingness to pay them properly, they often end up doing it pro bono.

But I feel like a Hamilton is a guy who had no intention of being a cricketer at age 12 or 13. Probably didn't even know the rules of the game. Probably didn't see his parents or uncles gathering around the TV/radio/newspaper to discuss the game as a child. He probably just happened to pick up a bat when in high school and then realized that he was better than 99.9 % of the other kids and realized he could make a career out of this. Same for the Eltons, the Vusis, the Prospers, etc.

Things might be different for the younger generation like Blessing, Musakanda, and others. They are young enough to have had black role models as kids or even had older brothers, uncles, fathers who were interested in the sport.

If you look at England, India, or Australia players...its not just a job for those players.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)