Tour of Bangladesh moved up to October 2018

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Tour of Bangladesh moved up to October 2018

Post by Googly »

Personally I believe the senior players have a responsibility to give back. Not that they’ve ever received their dues, but the give back part is to make sure we see the back of these people that have put us in this mess. The right people will be the ones that the ICC can say “carry on gentlemen, sail your own ship!”
Do such people exist?

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... test-venue

Dates announced.

1st ODI, 21 October, Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Mirpur

2nd ODI, 24 October, Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong

3rd ODI, 26 October, Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong

1st Test, 3-7 November, Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, Sylhet

2nd Test, 11-15 November, Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Mirpur

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Need to focus in shorter format and marginalize four day games as Zimbabwe test future is quite over for now.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Excited to see my hometown Sylhet get a Test match, as well as an ODI during the West Indies tour. I hope Sylhet gets worked in for fixtures regularly (although its not even the 5th largest city in Bangladesh, it has excellent infrastructure including an international airport with direct flights to London Heathrow). But I hope that we can keep Khulna as a regular venue too. Half of our national team players are from Khulna (Shakib, Mashrafee, Mustafiz, Rubel, Soumya, Imrul, Anamul, et al are all from Khulna) and its unfortunate that our 3rd largest city rarely ever gets international matches despite producing more players than any other region.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:32 am
Excited to see my hometown Sylhet get a Test match, as well as an ODI during the West Indies tour. I hope Sylhet gets worked in for fixtures regularly (although its not even the 5th largest city in Bangladesh, it has excellent infrastructure including an international airport with direct flights to London Heathrow). But I hope that we can keep Khulna as a regular venue too. Half of our national team players are from Khulna (Shakib, Mashrafee, Mustafiz, Rubel, Soumya, Imrul, Anamul, et al are all from Khulna) and its unfortunate that our 3rd largest city rarely ever gets international matches despite producing more players than any other region.
Mushi ----- The Snake is from which region ?
Robo to rule :oops:

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

This could be a very ugly tour for Zimbabwe especially if the big 5 don’t return !!! We really struggle against spin and Bangladesh don’t even attempt to make a fair pitch.

If we have everyone fit and available this would be my 15 man squads

Tests

Hamilton
Prince
Ervine
BT
Williams
Raza
Murray
Moor
Burl
Cremer
Chisoro
Jarvis
Blessing
Chatara
Mpofu

Only change for the ODI side would be Mire in for Moor. Burl is the most debatable selection but he’d be the 2nd back up batsman for the ODI’s and I’d prefer him in BD because he is a left hander which would help against their left arm spinners.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

If Taylor, Williams, Ervine, Raza and Cremer are not available they should just postpone the tour. Australia lost a Test match in Bangladesh, our second string team would just be annihilated.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:30 am
Could be our last Test matches until... ?
I think Zimbabwe have a test and 3 ODIs scheduled against us (India) in March next year just before the IPL. The schedule is not final though.

zimstarr
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimstarr »

Beware of the GAZI adverts during the tour