ZC Board-You Can't Beat Stupid

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: ZC Board-You Can't Beat Stupid

Post by sloandog »

Is there anything stopping Taylor getting a county deal somewhere? I know he has a young family now and that may scupper any chances of that.

I heard a rumour very recently that Craig Ervine was hashing out a county deal with Hampshire, naturally helped by Sean Ervine.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jimmylesaint wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:44 am
Yes. After this pakistan ODI and assuming all is paid to players we have a Bangla clash in October then nothing much.
Players have nothing to look forward too and already planning other venues, we've seen BT going into charity and conservation. Raza and BT will probably play the T20 circuit as will Williams.
The only saving grace would be extreme changes to ZC personnel, which also means managerial staff--you can't have guys on $5k a month and all they do is organise flights and accommodation one week a year.
Isnt the ODI league going to sort us out in terms of fixtures?

The Waller thing is interesting. Is that why he is always in the picture for the national team? Hmmm. What about Moor not striking? I know his dad has got big bucks so maybe he isnt in it for the money.

Williams BT Ervine and Raza are in their 30s now. I cant blame them for looking elsewhere. The ICC taking over the cash might change things though. That almost guarantees payment. Although these half cash/ half bank transfer deals might be gone though :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

There’s no way ICC will have complete control of that.
There will be many ways of circumventing their checks and balances, and ZC will now be able to say- but you’re in charge of the money, how can there be any discrepancies?

Googly

Post by Googly »

All these expense submissions are third party stuff, and it’s huge. You need a guy on the ground that knows how much bus and car hire is, hotels, fixing a mower etc etc etc.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

So if this is the end of the road for Taylor, he basically just came back for the WCQ??? Thats it??!!

Very disappointing turn of events.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

They’re not surviving under this regime and without these guys that are sitting out. It may be a slower, more humiliating exit, but it will happen. I just hope that if this is how it rolls out that these FC players realize they will become buddy card salesmen at best, and it will be thoroughly deserved. The ground level architects will have alternatives, but the others will be looking askance at each other wondering what happened and blaming someone other than themselves, probably a white guy :lol:
You can put some money on Pakistan throwing a game as well. :lol:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Personally as a fan I am not happy about this. I feel like guys like BT used us in a way. Had we qualified for the world cup would they have quit or made a fuss about their salaries? They were the only guys who were getting paid leading up to the CWQ and they were the ones who lost the game against the UAE and effectively lost $1 million. After that you go underground but still expect your salaries in full. When was the last the we heard about Graeme Cremer or Sean Williams? So they want to receive their salaries when they are not even playing domestic cricket or apologizing for costing us a spot at the world cup. What exactly are they getting paid for if they are at home for 4 months?

As long as the ICC backed the board and people are still playing then nothing will change. The real elephant in the room is that this is about Heath Streak and Bell and co. Thats the only explanation now. The ICC has taken over so its not about salaries anymore.

If they really want to quit then they must come out in the open and state the reasons why. We are tired of people acting like things are going to change behind the scenes without giving the fans any direction.

Googly

Post by Googly »

PJ will have to become the new BT.
Masakanda the new Masakadza
Mavuta the new Williams
Muzarabani... well he’s potentially a really good find, but may well be replacing Jarvis at some point.
Burl will throw in the towel fairly soon unless he catches a break. He’s had an indifferent time of it but he’s a good player.
How long will PJ hang around if he ends up being the only white dude?
Roche will have to be significantly better than The other spinners batsmen or he ain’t getting a look in.
Prosper may well get his wish of an all black team.
Can’t wait to see the u19 squad when they eventually select it 3 months from their first game either. That will be a brand new low for us as well.

Unless Pakistan are looking at making some cash with the bookies this Zim side is going to have a miserable time of it, and a worse time in Bangladesh. They’re better than the new 2004 side though, aren’t they?

Googly

Post by Googly »

They want their arrears bud, plus whatever else they may have been promised. I think they’ve been long suffering for years actually, they’re not door mats.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Why continue with players, coaches, selectors, tech staff and admin who have turned on you when you’ve got options? Can you imagine the pessimism in that camp right now?