[Match Thread]: Pak tour of Zim Odi Series : 1st Match : ZIM vs PAK

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: [Match Thread]: Pak tour of Zim Odi Series : 1st Match : ZIM vs PAK

Post by Googly »

The next good guy they’ve missed is this Muyeye lad. I’ve watched him a couple of times. If you think Musakanda has ability you should see this boy.
Once again overlooked by incompetent people with an agenda for the u19 and he got pissed off and took up a scholarship opportunity set up for him by ex ZC staff that wanted to help.
They’re finally figuring out that you can’t make a batsman at 19. You make him at 9. If he isn’t capable of playing club at 14 and FC at 16/17 here he ain’t ever going to be good enough. Ever.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

On a different note, have you got any other interesting random trivia to share Googly?

I loved the story about Pomona Farm you told a while back. Do you know any other stories like that, especially cricket related ones?
Like just to get the ball rolling, what's the history of Old Malvernians cricket club?

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:23 pm
Hopefully they select him when he's available.

He's shown enough today to suggest he's got more resolve than Burl/Moor/Chari/etc.
Moor looked awful today. Hunched over and just very average. I hope he gets it together, we all know the guy can play shots. But his footwork is terrible.

Burl needs to open in this format for fuck sake, it's doing my nut in. The lad can really bat, I've seen him score a century for the RS in the UK and it was silky :( Get him in

ricky

Post by ricky »

Zimbabwe cricket going the Kenya way now, i cant see them winning even a odi with this shit squad. What is Chigumbra doing in this squad !!!. ICC should ban Zim cricket for a year or two till they bring their house in order

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m not a Bulawayo boy, bud. You need a passport to go there :lol:
Ya Sloan I agree fully, Burl has to be in all the games. Only a blind man can’t see he’s got the ability.
Another youngster they should look at is Shumba.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

He's a left hander as well...

And he bowls more than handy off spin. I just think they've missed a trick in batting him in a;T20 Cricket and b; at number fucking 7! Granted there were guys like Taylor and Raza to contend with, but now, with these loons in the side, and Mazakadza drying up, a precious player like Ryan Burl needs to be given an opportunity.

Roche is clearly a talented player, but I would rather see Burl in his place right now. He averages 43 ffs in FC cricket! Who else can boast that?!

Googly

Post by Googly »

Yes you can’t compare the two of them at the moment. One is a good batsman that offers spin and Roche is a little out of his depth at present.
Facing that new ball is a tough gig though. Those Pakistani openers were damned lucky to survive that opening spell, it was world class and went completely unrewarded. On another day they would have been three down after ten overs.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Zimbabwe have got no right to waste everyones time like this. Either select a full strength squad that can compete or the ICC should suspend them for some time.

Players and board may fight for their entire lifetime, sort out things and then play cricket.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

If we go past the nonsense how many genuinely decent players who are not part of the old guard have we found?

I would say Blessing Tari Mire and Murray look like they can cope. Still 50/50 on Burl Welly and PJ. I would also add Chatara who is actually 27 like PJ although he is far more experienced with 75 wickets in 55 games. So thats at least half a team that we have found so far. Jarvis is 29 so I dont know whether we can count him as part of the old guard

Googly

Post by Googly »

The other young man who’d offer first change seam and has a lot of potential with the bat is Brad Evans. He’s doing well in Uni cricket. I’d say he’s got the edge on The Don. I’ve heard he’s very keen to come back, but again is currently at Uni, but plays a lot of quality cricket games.