On Behalf of the Fans

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimbos_05

On Behalf of the Fans

Post by zimbos_05 »

Dear board and players of Zimbabwe Cricket

I write to you on behalf of the fans of Zimbabwe Cricket.

Back in 2003/04 Zimbabwe Cricket witness its biggest shake up. It was one that rocked Cricket in our beautiful country to its core. Since the drama of the infamous incident, Zimbabwe Cricket has been on a downward spiral. We have endured 3 of the top 10 lowest ever ODI scores, one of which is the lowest ever. We were subjected to a self imposed exile from international test cricket. We have also witnessed domestic cricket die in Zimbabwe. As fans, we watched on as talented players left our shores due to lack of opportunity. We witnessed our board and their players constantly engage in bickering and low end calling of racism. All of these issues came to a head on the 22nd March 2018, when Zimbabwe failed to qualify for the Cricket World Cup, and also giving the UAE their first ever win over a test playing nation.

The aftermath was horrific. Coaches and technical staff were fired across the spectrum. Players began to question their futures, and above all, fans felt the heart break and pain. As fans were left reeling, the usual incompetence began its monthly staging at ZC. It quickly became clear that those in charge of the game no longer, and have never, had the best interests of the game at heart.

A haphazard T20 tri series was arranged, and a ODI series was put in place. Unfortunately, there was no cricket to be played before this so another sham domestic competition staged. The team that went on to win the Pro50 Domestic competition had it's programme and structure scrapped just a few weeks before by the ZC board, who later wanted to claim credit for the teams win. The players began to set up a players union, one that every single test playing nation has, but again this was quashed as the players have never been deemed important.

As fans we understand that for many, playing cricket is a livelihood. One that they cannot throw away. We fully support the players, and they will always have our backing. As fans, our allegiance lies not with the colour of the skin, but with the badge they represent. To represent Zimbabwe Cricket has always meant the value of hard work, determined ethic, unwavering team work, steely determination, and a constant desire to win.

Yesterday, as we watched our team embarrassed by 201 runs against Pakistan, another sinking feeling crept in to every single fan, and we have had enough. The time for bickering, fighting, and arguing is over. Our best player currently sit on the sidelines. Our young players have no guidance and leadership. We have members of the team who do not deserve to wear the kit abusing their names and their status. The board consistently sits idly by and continually allows the rot of our game, and as fans we have no choice but to endure as Zimbabwe is constantly subjected to ridicule and embarrassment on an international stage. We demand change.

The list of problems within ZC is endless and so we shall not dwell. We support the players and understand their concerns. The past cannot be changed, but the future can be shaped. We plea with the board and the players to put their differences behind for one simple cause, that of the Zimbabwe badge.

We ask that you come together as a unit and work to address the problems. We ask that you engage with your fans and create a transparent running and structure within Zimbabwe Cricket. We ask that you no longer engage is trivial racism and name calling, and instead work together to ensure the betterment of the Zimbabwe squad. We demand a proper and fully organised domestic season. We demand the forming of a players union. We ask that all corrupt and incompetent members be removed from their roles. We demand that members of the board be those with cricketing knowledge.

To the players, we ask that you stand united as a unit. No race, creed or tribe divides you. You are united under the same cause and the same badge. We understand your concerns and support them, but we ask that you understand the impact of your actions on the game as a whole. Any strike has a detrimental effect to the squad and the development of the game. Please do not let personal agendas overtake the main cause for your initial concern. The underlying effect is felt by your fellow members who are subjected to huge and disappointing defeats on the field, and above all, by the fans who support you day in day out from within Zimbabwe and across the globe.

We stand by you at the ground singing and chanting. We stay up till 5am from countries as far as New Zealand to watch you, our national team. We support your every ball and every shot. We wave our flag with gusto, and wear the Zimbabwe shirt proudly. Our support never waivers.

The time for name calling, bickering, divisions, infighting, and constant destruction needs to end. Please come together as one and work through the differences so that we no longer have to endure another 14 years of constant pain, regret, and heart ache.

Yours Sincerely

The Fans

zimbos_05

Re: On Behalf of the Fans

Post by zimbos_05 »

A little something I worked on after the defeat last night. If anyone wishes to, I plan on tweeting this to the players, the board, and a few others involved.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I feel your pain, but we just want the Board to go. No coming together and putting the past behind us. The Board must go! End of story!!
No future board or provincial boards, they’re a waste of time and money, too many positions and not enough honest or competent people in the entire country to fill them. We go en masse to Pichanick’s house in a wave of red and beg him and his secretary to resume office.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Googly wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:18 am
I feel your pain, but we just want the Board to go. No coming together and putting the past behind us. The Board must go! End of story!!
No future board or provincial boards, they’re a waste of time and money, too many positions and not enough honest or competent people in the entire country to fill them. We go en masse to Pichanick’s house in a wave of red and beg him and his secretary to resume office.
I totally agree with you, but this board clearly are not going anywhere soon. So we need to do something. Last night was truly embarrassing, and I really felt for the young guys. Finally getting their chance and they had to endure that. Something has to change, and if it means mediation and sitting down then we need to do anything to start getting back on track.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

On Behalf of the Board
Dear Fans

We really wonder how ungrateful you are. We let you in for $1 to $2 maximum to allow you to watch an international game that we have brought to Zimbabwe! Your gate contributions don't even pay for the mahobos!
We even bus kids in for free because you guys are not enough to fill our small stadiums!
We turned a white elitist sport in to a black corrupt sport and you should be thankful that black Zimbabweans are now the majority of the invented white colonial settlers sport!
Sometimes when you shouted so loud, like at Queens during the WCQ we even sent Vumi Moyo(the white one of us with the long hair and bulldog) to throw 6 cans of lager into the crowd! Remember that act of kindness to you pack of ferile supporters and of course those whites in charge from ICC were upset as they wanted white invented plastic cups only, not our traditional aluminium cans!

How many of you travel to other countries to watch . NONE!
What is there financially or any gain that you may be of use to us the board?? :lol: :lol: Nothing nxa bra!
Our fans are the middle whites, the indians and pakistanis and muslims who own TV's and watch their team play us. They via TV rights are better than you indigenoous ignorants .
The struggle continues.
Board

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I won't even lie. This is painful. Anybody who really loves cricket has been in pain for the last 2 weeks. I dont even know who to direct my anger to anymore. We are the biggest victims here and you are right that the board dont look like they are going anywhere soon. The problem we have is that no matter who plays we will always support them deep down.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

I barely have the will to post these days.

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

It's like if the guys participating in the current series leave as well, the board won't care and simply replace them with another bunch of unknowns. Everything's so messed up with ZC. They are such a bunch of fucktards! It's unbelievable the ICC has let this go on for so long.

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

foreignfield wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:07 pm
I barely have the will to post these days.
Same here!

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

TapsC wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:35 am
The problem we have is that no matter who plays we will always support them deep down.
Sure, but sporting teams need stars to get behind. Someone that, during the bad times, you can still barrack for to perform individual heroics. (It's why my team in the AFL, St Kilda, is struggling so badly for support right now - we play like rubbish and our only star player retired last year)

So in our case, if we've got a Taylor or a Raza there's always something to look forward to.

Who have we got now?