[Match Thread]: Pak tour of Zim Odi Series : 3rd Match : ZIM vs PAK

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: [Match Thread]: Pak tour of Zim Odi Series : 3rd Match : ZIM vs PAK

Post by Googly »

If Blessing is 10 can you imagine how shit Ngarava is with the bat! :lol:

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:03 am
Chamu's stats show you that he will score less than 1 half century per series(5 ODIs). Sad for an opener

This is really just sad to watch but solving our problems with the senior players wouldnt have made us beat Pakistan. That im sure about. Half of them would fall in a similar manner in the morning. Williams would probably get out just like Tari today and Ervine would be knicking the ball in his first 10 deliveries against this pace attack. Waller even worse. Dont know why we are batting first to be honest.

Only Raza and BT are capable of handling this if we are honest
I can't tell if you support the players or the board. Williams and Ervine would not be this inept. They would definitely be much better than this.

The senior players would have at least put up a fight. In saying that, Hamilton, Elton, Chamu are all senior players. It's not about seniority, but talent and mentality. These guys don't have the mentality or the talent. The guys sitting out do

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

A full strength side could easily have been rolled for 110 today. But that is 60% better than this.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:10 am
TapsC wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:03 am
Chamu's stats show you that he will score less than 1 half century per series(5 ODIs). Sad for an opener

This is really just sad to watch but solving our problems with the senior players wouldnt have made us beat Pakistan. That im sure about. Half of them would fall in a similar manner in the morning. Williams would probably get out just like Tari today and Ervine would be knicking the ball in his first 10 deliveries against this pace attack. Waller even worse. Dont know why we are batting first to be honest.

Only Raza and BT are capable of handling this if we are honest
I can't tell if you support the players or the board. Williams and Ervine would not be this inept. They would definitely be much better than this.

The senior players would have at least put up a fight. In saying that, Hamilton, Elton, Chamu are all senior players. It's not about seniority, but talent and mentality. These guys don't have the mentality or the talent. The guys sitting out do
We have seen a lot of things this year hey. Personally I have seen Williams and Ervine struggle against quality pace. That is the reason why Ervine was dropped down the order. I have seen Williams get bounced out plenty of times too. He couldnt handle it. All im saying is that we probably wouldnt have been out for 67 but no way we would beat this Pakistan at full stregnth

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

From my memory, this is the worst I've seen from Zimbabwe.

The team selection, the lack of atmosphere, the lack of application and the lack of bowling quality has really made me stand back and take a moment to re assess.

Very depressing.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:45 am
Campbell is talking like the players’ return is imminent.
They need to keep sitting out until the Board Falls!!!!
It turns out after all that 4 players can hold a gun to these c%^ts heads. Keep sitting out lads until these bastards leave.
The Board Must Fall!!
:lol: I never thought so few players could have so much power but wouldn't they be contractually obliged to play if they have a contract? They once did that when the domestic players boycotted and we even saw Williams open the batting. Dont think you can sit at home legally if everything is up to date. This could mean BT and Jarvis will be forced to stick around because they signed contracts longer than the usual 1 year I think

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Well how embarrassing.

I hope the board are squirming. This series has shown how far we have fallen and how undeserving we are of this ICC money.

I actually don't want to see those missing return yet. I want more humiliation. Probably 3 out of this side have the minerals to survive at this level, the rest don't.

Musakanda is a gem and needs to be looked after. I know Moor has had a terrible run, but he does have grit and he works damned hard at his batting.
Muzarabani, although still wild, has the potential to be a very good fast bowler going forwrad. Murray with the gloves and a little bit with the bat. The rest? Nah. Roche clearly isn't ready and the guys aroud him are no better.

Ryan Burl should have been in this squad, opening today.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Some at ZC should be thoroughly embarrassed by themselves. These players should be thoroughly embarrassed the themselves. Zimbabwe for one have never been world beaters but this is getting sad. When selectors categorically tell players that they will not be considered for selection. When we continue putting out a half baked team. For now, we maybe better off playing with the associate nations just maybe we can be some competition to them.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Wasn't a great look when Hami had a smile on his face when talking to AC in the post-match. Apparently he wanted to be captain and it was worth selling BT and co up the river for it, so when is he anything but deeply embarrassed about this performance?

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

another solid 9 wicket loss