[Match Thread]: Pak tour of Zim Odi Series : 3rd Match : ZIM vs PAK

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
chappie coventry
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread]: Pak tour of Zim Odi Series : 3rd Match : ZIM vs PAK

Post by chappie coventry »

I don't write on here very often but I check the forum daily. Today I experienced my first game in zim! So I thought it's time to write something.

I arrived in zim yesterday with my girlfriend we are both born and bread Australians but some how I found myself Zimbabwe's number 1 supporter as I fell in love with the team in the late 90s and till this day are my number 1 sporting team.

So I booked this trip months back thinking I would be seeing my Hero's like Taylor,Raza Ervine and the rest but obviously things have taken a turn. Wich has been very tough to watch, seeing my beloved zim get crushed today and being present at the ground was very sad. But to my delight I found out I'm staying at the same Hotel as Zimbabwe and Pakistan. I got to meet chatara,Tiripano and blessing who are all top guys. Also got to meet Russell tiffan who also is a very nice guy.
All this plus seeing the beautiful queen's sports club certainly made my day a little better after witnessing that belting. Anyway I'll be heading down on Friday so hopefully we see a better performance.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

chappie coventry wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:33 pm
I don't write on here very often but I check the forum daily. Today I experienced my first game in zim! So I thought it's time to write something.

I arrived in zim yesterday with my girlfriend we are both born and bread Australians but some how I found myself Zimbabwe's number 1 supporter as I fell in love with the team in the late 90s and till this day are my number 1 sporting team.

So I booked this trip months back thinking I would be seeing my Hero's like Taylor,Raza Ervine and the rest but obviously things have taken a turn. Wich has been very tough to watch, seeing my beloved zim get crushed today and being present at the ground was very sad. But to my delight I found out I'm staying at the same Hotel as Zimbabwe and Pakistan. I got to meet chatara,Tiripano and blessing who are all top guys. Also got to meet Russell tiffan who also is a very nice guy.
All this plus seeing the beautiful queen's sports club certainly made my day a little better after witnessing that belting. Anyway I'll be heading down on Friday so hopefully we see a better performance.
Ah good lad, at least there was something to be happy out today from your point of view.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Glad to hear you're experiencing Zimbabwe! I hope you're enjoying the country. Bad luck about the result of the game today though!

chappie coventry

Post by chappie coventry »

Thanks guys! Very much enjoying the country, Bulawayo is a beautiful place. I'm off to Harare on Sunday for 4 days then off to vic falls. should be a blast 👍

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Now imagine this happened to your [almost] FULL STRENGTH team, against an opposition actually ranked BELOW you on the ICC rankings. Then how would you feel?

If anyone wants to know that feeling, just ask a Bangladesh fan. :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

This is even lower than the debacle against SL in 2003. At least then we knew the youngsters were all quite talented and could develop into something. I don't see many in this bunch ever becoming as good as even Matsikenyeri, let alone Taylor, Raza, Williams, etc.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

https://www.herald.co.zw/sixty-seven-all-out/

Well it looks like the money will be there on July 25 and I suspect the ICC stopped them from borrowing. Personally for me IF they do make a comeback after their money comes in I will be deeply disappointed. The UAE game will forever haunt us and the least they could have done is try make ammends instead of sit at home and have their friends comment here laughing about their own country they apparently love so much getting pummeled.

Before I get the same people attacking me this only applies IF they suddenly become available when the money comes in and all this "remove the board" talk dies. Then it would be sabotage and a bit of "revenge" for what happened to their favourite coaching staff. I mean why would you not play for your country when the ICC has taken control of payments and its known that money is coming in 2 weeks? Yes that money is their right and they have a right to protest but if they expect that this board of thieves will let this slide then they are in for a rude awakening.

The truth is that only 4 of those guys are 100% irreplaceable. The other 2 might find out the harsh realities of the Zimbabwean economy by themselves very soon because they are not good enough to get a gig anywhere else. There will be backlash. When you go after guys who in the end decide your employment status you must make sure you knock them out and not just throw jabs because their counter punch could literally destroy you.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:13 pm
This is even lower than the debacle against SL in 2003. At least then we knew the youngsters were all quite talented and could develop into something. I don't see many in this bunch ever becoming as good as even Matsikenyeri, let alone Taylor, Raza, Williams, etc.
Idk, even Taylor, Raza, Williams, Ervine, Cremer, Hamilton as good as their individual records have been, hasn't translated much to team success. I suspect it might have to do with the fact that core 6 hasn't actually played that many games together. If any 4 of them were present, 2 others were off doing god knows what.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:36 pm
Now imagine this happened to your [almost] FULL STRENGTH team, against an opposition actually ranked BELOW you on the ICC rankings. Then how would you feel?

If anyone wants to know that feeling, just ask a Bangladesh fan. :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why? We experience that regularly.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:05 am
eugene wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:13 pm
Idk, even Taylor, Raza, Williams, Ervine, Cremer, Hamilton as good as their individual records have been, hasn't translated much to team success. I suspect it might have to do with the fact that core 6 hasn't actually played that many games together. If any 4 of them were present, 2 others were off doing god knows what.
That is true, so just imagine how bad things are going to get. 10 years ago I predicted we would be regularly losing to associates and that Bangladesh would be light years ahead of us. My prediction for the next 10 years is that we will be in WCL Division 2 or 3. Beating Kenya will be the big win we all dream of.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes