[Match Thread]: Pak tour of Zim Odi Series : 4th Match : ZIM vs PAK

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sam_ahm

Re: [Match Thread]: Pak tour of Zim Odi Series : 4th Match : ZIM vs PAK

Post by sam_ahm »

I don't think any of the seniors will ever comeback. Zimbabwe's best chance is to groom whatever is left.

Death of Zimbabwe cricket was expected after WCQ debacle, those 3 runs were a matter of Zimbabwe crickets survival... and it is pretty much what is happening. The only positive is that perhaps if the ICC takes care of the funding and Zim could retain talent then may be they will rise from the dead in future.

matland
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by matland »

The death may have happened after the WCQ but lets not forget the cancer that killed us was terminal many years and millions of stolen dollars before that.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

Murray in early. I like that move.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Congratulations folks, this is pretty much what most of you wanted. Zimbabwe to get humiliated so that the board will fall. Great!

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:04 pm
Congratulations folks, this is pretty much what most of you wanted. Zimbabwe to get humiliated so that the board will fall. Great!
They wont fall. Expect their counterpunch next week when they have their say on who gets a contract and who doesnt.

The long term destruction of ZC is the board but it baffles me when people try to act like the UAE defeat didnt mean anything. That defeat was catastrophic and might have cost us everything. If Craig Ervine wants to sit at home and rather people remember him for those 18 balls where he didnt take responsibility as the only batsman left then so be it. It pains me for people to "forget" how that game was in the players hands and they let us down which has led to this today. That is the lowest moment for ZC for me. Not this. We were bowled out for 54 by Afghanistan and defeated in record time for a test by SA last year anyway.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Most sports stars would take it upon themselves to play as soon as possible after a bruising defeat but ours have decided to stay at home and let kids be rinsed by one of the best bowling attacks in the world. You got to sit down and think about what you are trying to achieve first then take appropriate action. The salary dispute is pretty much solved because the ICC has taken over. What else could ZC possibly do? Sitting at home now is absolutely disgraceful if their intention is not to see it through and get the board kicked out. If this is about unpaid money only now when ZC doesnt control it anymore then its wrong as far as im concerned. You are fighting people who cant do anything to change your situation. They were stopped from borrowing anymore money so what else can they do? Lets be objective here.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:12 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
They wont fall. Expect their counterpunch next week when they have their say on who gets a contract and who doesnt.

The long term destruction of ZC is the board but it baffles me when people try to act like the UAE defeat didnt mean anything. That defeat was catastrophic and might have cost us everything. If Craig Ervine wants to sit at home and rather people remember him for those 18 balls where he didnt take responsibility as the only batsman left then so be it. It pains me for people to "forget" how that game was in the players hands and they let us down which has led to this today. That is the lowest moment for ZC for me. Not this. We were bowled out for 54 by Afghanistan and defeated in record time for a test by SA last year anyway.
I want to like you, but then you say stuff like that. Ervine isnt a big hitter of the ball, so was never expected to do that against UAE. That UAE defeat hurt. The evidence is on the forum. I was inconsolable for about week. I never wanted to see or hear anything to do with cricket. Yes we failed and we have not once absolved the players of failing to do their job in that game, but anyone who solely blames that one game for all of the issues is ignoring the real problems.

Yes the unpaid salaries are supposedly resolved, but that is not the be all and end all. There had to be assurances going forward. How can you be happy watching what is happening right now. It would seem to me you are sounding like a certain Tarisai from Facebook.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

TapsC wrote:
sam_ahm wrote:

Couldn't agree more mate. My post was sarcastic.

Zimbabwe get limited opportunities to play against top nations, it is vital to make the most of it. Strike isn't helping anyones cause.

Why is it that no one cares about Zimbabwe anymore? Because they haven't done anything of note since 2003. Players strike here means nothing to the board, nothing to the world, nothing to the ICC. Yes there are a few die hard fans like you and me to whom it matters, but overall this strike only means one thing... Final nail in the coffin of Zimbabwe cricket.

At least a good performance here and the world would have talked about how unfair it is that Zimbabwe are missing out on a WC spot. Like they spoke about Scotland. How unfair it is that players are playing without getting money on time and yet performing to the best of their abilities... Then the World would have taken note. Not now.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

sam_ahm wrote:

At least a good performance here and the world would have talked about how unfair it is that Zimbabwe are missing out on a WC spot. Like they spoke about Scotland. How unfair it is that players are playing without getting money on time and yet performing to the best of their abilities... Then the World would have taken note. Not now.
Yeah but this has been ongoing for years. How long do you keep playing without getting paid?

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:51 pm
TapsC wrote:
sam_ahm wrote:

I want to like you, but then you say stuff like that. Ervine isnt a big hitter of the ball, so was never expected to do that against UAE. That UAE defeat hurt. The evidence is on the forum. I was inconsolable for about week. I never wanted to see or hear anything to do with cricket. Yes we failed and we have not once absolved the players of failing to do their job in that game, but anyone who solely blames that one game for all of the issues is ignoring the real problems.

Yes the unpaid salaries are supposedly resolved, but that is not the be all and end all. There had to be assurances going forward. How can you be happy watching what is happening right now. It would seem to me you are sounding like a certain Tarisai from Facebook.
What is the facebook group people always talk about? It sounds like there are a lot of die hard ZC board fans on there :lol: to be honest I think you are misunderstanding me. The board definitely need to go. That is non-negotiable but for me I am still hurt by that game to the core. We honestly wouldn't be in this exact situation if we won that game. Lets be honest. In the long run this was always coming but that UAE game accelerated our doom by at least 2 years. As a fan I am just pained by this strike now because the truth is we are the biggest losers here. The board wont lose sleep over this because next week they will be in control again and they honestly dont care . We care. It us fans who are humiliated by these losses. So who is actually getting punished here? Thats my question. Only a full revolt can burn this board not a 6 player revolt