[Match Thread]: Pak tour of Zim Odi Series : 4th Match : ZIM vs PAK

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Shortleg
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread]: Pak tour of Zim Odi Series : 4th Match : ZIM vs PAK

Post by Shortleg »

Taps if this was always coming in the long run then I don't believe you can fault guys for making a stand and trying to deal with the issue now. No matter how small the strike I believe it will lead to something. If they had played and competed and everything had continued as it was Zim cricket would die forever. At least this way they give it a chance of some form of change. Anyway let's just keep hoping

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Shortleg wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:22 pm
Taps if this was always coming in the long run then I don't believe you can fault guys for making a stand and trying to deal with the issue now. No matter how small the strike I believe it will lead to something. If they had played and competed and everything had continued as it was Zim cricket would die forever. At least this way they give it a chance of some form of change. Anyway let's just keep hoping
I really hope so. Somebody tweeted to BT "play for your country you will get your money soon" and he said "we will be back soon". Dont know if he was being sarcastic or not but lets see what happens

Googly

Post by Googly »

Whilst it has pained me to watch this series it has really shown the World once and for all that we are in dire straits. We all knew that of course but I don’t think anyone realized quite how bad. This supposed abundance of talent is questionable. We’ve got guys walking in with absolutely no technique, but if they had talent and determination like that Pakistani opener they would have made a better fist of it. It’s shown that we desperately need BT and co, but we also need them to be surrounded by better players than we’ve got. With BT and Co we may still lose and sometimes get a proper hiding, but without them we will get smashed EVERY time.
Any coach worth his salt will see that our openers just don’t have what it takes to play international cricket, I’m sorry, I’ve got nothing against them, but every bowling attack we will ever face will be similar. Until someone better comes along we have to open with Hammy and Solly.
International cricket is brutal and we’ve fallen too far behind.
Musakanda is in danger of playing like that every game, talent don’t matter if you’ve got fuck all between your ears.
What have these FC coaches been doing? With a sidearm you can come as close as dammit to simulating a serious seam attack.
Whatever BT and Co’s reasons, Raza’s absence also tells a story.
Do I agree with their absence? I’m sorry but I do.
Not only that, I know I’m going to be very disappointed when they return without achieving the required goal of getting rid of the board. There is no way forward with them at the helm. We need to clean house.
We need respected people driving our bus. Stand firm gentlemen and Hammy please join them. They’re a shower of shite and must go.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Mr Twig wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:21 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:04 pm

At least a good performance here and the world would have talked about how unfair it is that Zimbabwe are missing out on a WC spot. Like they spoke about Scotland. How unfair it is that players are playing without getting money on time and yet performing to the best of their abilities... Then the World would have taken note. Not now.
Yeah but this has been ongoing for years. How long do you keep playing without getting paid?
I agree no one would want to play without getting paid. Not even me if my company doesn't pay me but I think the payment issue is resolved now with the ICC stepping in. Players are assured that they will be paid and according to cricinfo they have already been paid their match fees since Sri Lanka tour last year.

Moreover not all players are striking. If the series doesn't happen at all because not a single player plays then it is a hit on ZCB, as long as the series goes ahead I'm sure ZCB doesn't care what the results are. Had they cared ZIM wouldn't have been in such a situation where mere survival looks difficult.

Anyways I'm an Indian. I do not fully know the situation in Zimbabwe but as an outsider it just looks really bad to see such a fight between the board and key players. Very sad.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:29 pm

What is the facebook group people always talk about? It sounds like there are a lot of die hard ZC board fans on there :lol: to be honest I think you are misunderstanding me. The board definitely need to go. That is non-negotiable but for me I am still hurt by that game to the core. We honestly wouldn't be in this exact situation if we won that game. Lets be honest. In the long run this was always coming but that UAE game accelerated our doom by at least 2 years. As a fan I am just pained by this strike now because the truth is we are the biggest losers here. The board wont lose sleep over this because next week they will be in control again and they honestly dont care . We care. It us fans who are humiliated by these losses. So who is actually getting punished here? Thats my question. Only a full revolt can burn this board not a 6 player revolt
Yeah they are, and you are one of the die hard ZC board fans on there by the looks of it.

You can't say one thing on here, another on facebook, and also have contradicting statements within a forum post.

Yes the UAE games was hurtful, but that was not the cause of this issue. How long can you dwell on one game? The players did apologise, in fact only the white players and Raza did. I never saw anything from the others. This strike is no longer about short term. It is about the long term. You are also right, so why don't you blame the guys who are not standing up to the board? Why don't you get angry with them? Why don't you demand that they stick together as one unit and fight for what is right?

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Googly wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:50 pm
We need respected people driving our bus. Stand firm gentlemen and Hammy please join them. They’re a shower of shite and must go.
Agreed, it's now or never and HM can be a hero in all this. I mean, what is he doing? Is it worth sitting on the fence at age 35 just to be captain of a fake cricket team that can't take a wicket and gets belted by 250 runs?

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

zimbos_05 wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:34 am
TapsC wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:29 pm

What is the facebook group people always talk about? It sounds like there are a lot of die hard ZC board fans on there :lol: to be honest I think you are misunderstanding me. The board definitely need to go. That is non-negotiable but for me I am still hurt by that game to the core. We honestly wouldn't be in this exact situation if we won that game. Lets be honest. In the long run this was always coming but that UAE game accelerated our doom by at least 2 years. As a fan I am just pained by this strike now because the truth is we are the biggest losers here. The board wont lose sleep over this because next week they will be in control again and they honestly dont care . We care. It us fans who are humiliated by these losses. So who is actually getting punished here? Thats my question. Only a full revolt can burn this board not a 6 player revolt
Yeah they are, and you are one of the die hard ZC board fans on there by the looks of it.

You can't say one thing on here, another on facebook, and also have contradicting statements within a forum post.

Yes the UAE games was hurtful, but that was not the cause of this issue. How long can you dwell on one game? The players did apologise, in fact only the white players and Raza did. I never saw anything from the others. This strike is no longer about short term. It is about the long term. You are also right, so why don't you blame the guys who are not standing up to the board? Why don't you get angry with them? Why don't you demand that they stick together as one unit and fight for what is right?
I am not on a facebook page and I dont support the board believe it or not. I'm just being realistic and not expecting a miracle.

Most of the black players(and burl :lol: ) stayed in Afghanistan after a bomb blast. That just shows you what we are dealing with. I am also very upset with them but I know how easily influenced they are. There is no hope there if we are being honest.

One thing I think people forget is that most of them dont come from good backgrounds like the white players. They need ZC. That affects a lot of decisions. Its very easy to take a stand when you have options but if you are a kid from the ghetto this is your only way out and you have Mukuhlani promising you the world what would you do? Taibu is only talking now after having had a career. He was even boasting he bought 3 houses with the money he made in his career.

To say the white players took a stand like we didnt see Waller Jarvis PJ and Burl playing is not fair. In fact only 3 of them have not played any cricket at all. BT Cremer and Williams. Ervine and Raza played domestic cricket at some point. All white players under 30 played at some point.

You can call me what you want I am fine with that. I am just trying to avoid a bigger crisis. One that people will see at the end of the month when the same crooks you are embarrassing now decide your future. The counter punch is going to be brutal.