[Match Thread]: Pak tour of Zim Odi Series : 5th Match : ZIM vs PAK

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: [Match Thread]: Pak tour of Zim Odi Series : 5th Match : ZIM vs PAK

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

AC keeps saying "when they come back" etc about the rebels.

Murray now has his highest ODI score.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:25 pm
Jemisi wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:18 pm
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:58 pm
Does Murray stick around after this series Googly?
I hope so. He is the one I would keep if the first team returns.
Of this team, if we had Taylor, Ervine, Williams, Cremer, Raza returning I'd have them come in to replace:

Roche -> Cremer
Masvaure -> Ervine
Chigumbura -> Taylor
Tiripano -> Williams
Moor -> Raza

Kamunhukamwe and Murray could keep their spots.
Yeah, Kamhunukamwe is a yes until we can have Mire and Hami together again.

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

Oh sorry he didn't get there. Has had a decent start.

chappie coventry
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by chappie coventry »

Selection in this series has been disgraceful.
Why wasn't kamwe and Prince playing in the 1at odi ?
They both had good domestic seasons, where as chibhabha had a dreadful season but yet he was selected, makes no sense. I know it's a big step down but still some form is better then no form.

kudet

Post by kudet »

quite sad that the young lad couldn't get to 50.. he played well.. Alistair Campbell spoke highly of him that he is worth persisting with going forward. he also added that this was probably a shoot out btwn Moor and Murray for the reserve keeper in the event that Taylor et al return and it seems like Murray has put his hand up.. it leaves to be seen what PJ makes of this innings as this is sort of a do or die situation for him

kudet

Post by kudet »

and for someone who has played 36 ODIs and averaging 18.66 he really has to up his game a little bit and work on strike rotation as he tends to be bogged down a lot. i believe in him and that he has what it takes to play int'l cricket but now its increasingly hard to justify his selection with his average performances

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

kudet wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:59 pm
quite sad that the young lad couldn't get to 50.. he played well.. Alistair Campbell spoke highly of him that he is worth persisting with going forward. he also added that this was probably a shoot out btwn Moor and Murray for the reserve keeper in the event that Taylor et al return and it seems like Murray has put his hand up.. it leaves to be seen what PJ makes of this innings as this is sort of a do or die situation for him
Murray has it sewn up for now IMO.

I feel for Moor a bit, he obviously works his arse off to better his game but he seems all at sea in ODIs. In Tests, when time is not a factor he looks pretty comfortable.

Here's a scary comparison: Moor and Dabengwa have around the same number of ODIs, and very similar stats. I think we'd all agree Moor's ceiling is a lot higher but I think he needs to find it soon. I reckon an ODI century against a proper team would do him the world of confidence.

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

I am more worried about the keeper's hands. I'd like to see Murray keeping to Cremer.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Bud I told you Murray won’t be around. They could of course make him a good offer, but he’d be a fool to consider it under the current regime. He’s another that should only put his hand up when there’s a new dispensation. He’s played himself into a position where he can use Zim cricket as his private sports club until he’s finished his degree and that’s ridiculous. With a proper board I’d bet money he’d do a Unisa degree and commit.
PJ has been batted at so many different positions and he hasn’t settled particularly well at any of them, so it’s been a bit unfair on him. He used to be able to change gear with ease, but now seems stuck at one tempo. It’s obviously not easy at this level though.
It’s interesting when a guy plays up, some guys just take to it. Masvaure looked fairly comfortable, but in the middle order. A good opener is absolutely golden. We obviously need to see Kamunukhamwe again.