[Match Thread]: Pak tour of Zim Odi Series : 5th Match : ZIM vs PAK

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: [Match Thread]: Pak tour of Zim Odi Series : 5th Match : ZIM vs PAK

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:51 am

One more thing to consider mate is the quality of Pakistan's bowling. They are probably the best bowling attack in the world right now. Perhaps this team can still do better against lesser bowling attacks.
Apart from Hasan and Shadab (both of whom are good bowlers), I don't rate the rest of the Pakistani batters. Amir can be awesome on his day, but that will happen once every 2 or 3 years when PAK plays vs India. Faheem and Usman are trundlers made to look good by some very poor batting.

But time will tell. I've been wrong before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:20 am
sam_ahm wrote:

One more thing to consider mate is the quality of Pakistan's bowling. They are probably the best bowling attack in the world right now. Perhaps this team can still do better against lesser bowling attacks.
Apart from Hasan and Shadab (both of whom are good bowlers), I don't rate the rest of the Pakistani batters. Amir can be awesome on his day, but that will happen once every 2 or 3 years when PAK plays vs India. Faheem and Usman are trundlers made to look good by some very poor batting.

Addition : Pakistan played lot against the weak teams, they were smashed 5-0 in New Zealand, lost a test in England, its too early to decide about their bowling attack unless they play quality sides.

But Why Pakistan Vs Bangladesh Series not happening any more since that 2015 series ? It has been three years now no series organised between Bsngladesh & Pakistan. At present Bangladesh has played more with Indians & Sri Lankans and one series with the Afghans.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Black Mamba wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:27 am

But Why Pakistan Vs Bangladesh Series not happening any more since that 2015 series ? It has been three years now no series organised between Bsngladesh & Pakistan. At present Bangladesh has played more with Indians & Sri Lankans and one series with the Afghans.
The PCB and BCB have disagreements. The PCB wants BD to tour Pakistan, BCB is not interested. Now that some teams are touring Pakistan, there may be more pressure on BCB, but we will see.

The two boards have agreed to play under the new FTP, but I'm wouldn't be surprised if these series get cancelled. Even with the risk of forfeiting points under the new Test and ODI leagues.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:28 pm
Sloan- are you saying he’s given up? No club cricket or nothing? Where is he?
He's playing club cricket in South Africa, but won't be considering advancing, as he's been let down time and time again by the system over there; the scrapping of the RS tour didn't help. He was seriously so stoked, and he was due to sub pro for my club for the first few games.
Honestly googly, as spot on as you are with the young lads in Zim, I am equally as accurate with Tyler's talent. He was the answer to our opening spot.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe/co ... 95668.html

As a young lad you only need to look at his strike rate to see how hard he can hit the ball, with a solid technique too

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
sam_ahm wrote:

I'm very impressed with Usman and also Shaheen Shah. Agreed they do have a long way to go but I think Aamer, Usman, Hasan, Shaheen, Junaid, Rumman, Faheem that is one hell of a pace squad to have. Shadab is extremely good so is Yasir Shah, of course we will see if Yasir can make a mark in ODIs too.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Black Mamba wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:27 am
Kriterion_BD wrote:
sam_ahm wrote:

Addition : Pakistan played lot against the weak teams, they were smashed 5-0 in New Zealand, lost a test in England, its too early to decide about their bowling attack unless they play quality sides.

It is quite silly of the PCB to expect Bangladesh to tour given the situation in Pakistan. In fact PCB is grateful to Zimbabwe because they were amongst the first countries to tour Pakistan and hence I think PCB plays a lot often against Zimbabwe. Both boards have good relationships.

Bangladesh are a good side with amazing fan following within the country, I do not understand why PCB and other boards are OK with playing home series against Sri Lanka, West Indies, New Zealand and see that as a profitable series but not the one against Bangladesh. Totally stupid. Bangladesh has to be more profitable.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:56 am

Bangladesh are a good side with amazing fan following within the country, I do not understand why PCB and other boards are OK with playing home series against Sri Lanka, West Indies, New Zealand and see that as a profitable series but not the one against Bangladesh. Totally stupid. Bangladesh has to be more profitable.
No one has yet toured Pakistan for 2 Tests, if other teams start touring for 15-20 days and the PAK government can demonstrate that they are capable (and willing!!) to provide security for such a long duration, I think a tour could then be considered. But you have to remember security for a PSL final costs tens of millions of US dollars, how much would security for a Test series be? We must bear in mind that Pakistan is still a very poor and overpopulated country. Can they afford this especially when they have other security concerns? PCB might be rich, but Pakistan as a country/government are not.

As far as Bangladesh being profitable or not, its true that in Asian conditions Bangladesh are a stronger side than NZ and the West Indies. And BD are, in my estimate, a more commercially viable team than WI, NZ, SL. However, commercial ground realities take time to solidify. Bangladesh might be more profitable already, but companies don't perceive them as such because Bangladesh hasn't had any high profile successess, from a commercial point of view. Yes winning Tests at home against England and Australia or making the semifinals of the Champions Trophy are cricketing successes, but for commercial success you need to win an ICC event outright, not merely make the knockouts.

Even winning those Tests will ultimately be empty, if Bangladesh doesn't continue to win regularly. If 10 years from now those wins are still the only ones in the bag, no one will care and rightly so. Success has to be sustained, continual, and progressive in order to be real success.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:38 pm
sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:56 am

No one has yet toured Pakistan for 2 Tests, if other teams start touring for 15-20 days and the PAK government can demonstrate that they are capable (and willing!!) to provide security for such a long duration, I think a tour could then be considered. But you have to remember security for a PSL final costs tens of millions of US dollars, how much would security for a Test series be? We must bear in mind that Pakistan is still a very poor and overpopulated country. Can they afford this especially when they have other security concerns? PCB might be rich, but Pakistan as a country/government are not.

As far as Bangladesh being profitable or not, its true that in Asian conditions Bangladesh are a stronger side than NZ and the West Indies. And BD are, in my estimate, a more commercially viable team than WI, NZ, SL. However, commercial ground realities take time to solidify. Bangladesh might be more profitable already, but companies don't perceive them as such because Bangladesh hasn't had any high profile successess, from a commercial point of view. Yes winning Tests at home against England and Australia or making the semifinals of the Champions Trophy are cricketing successes, but for commercial success you need to win an ICC event outright, not merely make the knockouts.

Even winning those Tests will ultimately be empty, if Bangladesh doesn't continue to win regularly. If 10 years from now those wins are still the only ones in the bag, no one will care and rightly so. Success has to be sustained, continual, and progressive in order to be real success.
I agree with that mate. Bangla boys though have come a long way in the last 10 years, and I'm sure they will continue to do well.

To be honest they remind me a lot of India during the 90s. I grew up watching cricket in the 90s, and India were like this, huge fan base, tigers at home but very poor away. Reliant on a few big names like Sachin, Azhar, Kumble, Srinath... Much like Tamim, Shakib, Mashrafe and Mushfiqur. India though had a WC in the bag by then.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:47 pm

I agree with that mate. Bangla boys though have come a long way in the last 10 years, and I'm sure they will continue to do well.

To be honest they remind me a lot of India during the 90s. I grew up watching cricket in the 90s, and India were like this, huge fan base, tigers at home but very poor away. Reliant on a few big names like Sachin, Azhar, Kumble, Srinath... Much like Tamim, Shakib, Mashrafe and Mushfiqur. India though had a WC in the bag by then.
Bangladesh are in a precarious position at the moment. We are overly reliant on the senior players, so the days they fail, its going to be tough unless some of the youngsters step up. So far, the youngsters haven't been consistently good. Mominul's recent form has been horrendous (averaged 4 in West Indies), Mosaddek gets picked for the wrong formats (I think he can be a good ODI batter, but he's been left out of Tests and played in T20s despite a FC batting average of 70 with 3 double hundreds).

We are still far behind India in the 90s. India was dominant at home, and reguarly drew matches away. Bangladesh are merely competing at home (0-0 draw vs NZ, 1-1 draws vs ENG and AUS). They had golden chances to draw Tests in NZ and India recently, but blew it due idiotic slogs and run outs.

I hope that Bangladesh can continue to progress, but our core players are all in their early 30s and have 4-5 years of peak performance left. The 2019 WC would have been our best shot, unless we get some fabulous younger players by 2023. Still, I think we can impress the cricketing world, but I highly highly doubt we will win an ICC event in the next 5 years.