[Match Thread]: Pak tour of Zim Odi Series : 5th Match : ZIM vs PAK

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: [Match Thread]: Pak tour of Zim Odi Series : 5th Match : ZIM vs PAK

Post by Jemisi »

at least everyone visibly tried today

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Well the next tour is notionally to South Africa, maybe if there's a game near whatever city he goes to uni in he'll get a game.

Handy not out for Moor to get his average up near 20 I guess. Given Sarfraz was bowling pies at the end of the innings he probably should have added another 10-15 runs to his final score.

Thank you for your service Elton Chigumbura? I'm not really sure what he offers any more. He looks pretty disinterested, I think he's cooked.

kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by kudet »

Googly wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:35 pm
Bud I told you Murray won’t be around. They could of course make him a good offer, but he’d be a fool to consider it under the current regime. He’s another that should only put his hand up when there’s a new dispensation. He’s played himself into a position where he can use Zim cricket as his private sports club until he’s finished his degree and that’s ridiculous. With a proper board I’d bet money he’d do a Unisa degree and commit.
PJ has been batted at so many different positions and he hasn’t settled particularly well at any of them, so it’s been a bit unfair on him. He used to be able to change gear with ease, but now seems stuck at one tempo. It’s obviously not easy at this level though.
It’s interesting when a guy plays up, some guys just take to it. Masvaure looked fairly comfortable, but in the middle order. A good opener is absolutely golden. We obviously need to see Kamunukhamwe again.
i am particularly worried about PJ, you can tell that he is a hard worker and a grafter. the talent is there and he has what it takes to stake a claim in int'l cricket i really wish he could discover that form he was in in 2016, probably by going to play in county 2nds again or a tweak in his technique could help him in strike rotation.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya that was a good deck, someone there should have filled their boots. Relief that we broke the 200 barrier on a good deck against opposition that had taken their foot off the gas is just an indication of how far we’ve sunk.
Masakadza always looks good up until the moment he plays a false shot or gives it away. I think if we’d had a couple of really good players snapping at his heels he’d have been forced to work harder and he’d have had much better stats because there’s no doubt he’s a good player. When you can hold your spot though endless patches of indifferent form and you don’t seem to be hungry that often you’re going to play as he does.
Look at Ballance, what a good player, a couple of shit tours and he’s gone from international cricket forever.
Let me tell you he’d be a realistic option in a while if Zim comes right.
Someone like Ben Curran who’s good enough for FC but struggling for a contract international Zim cricket would be an option. Even 3 years of getting hammered here will improve you no end, and you will go back to County as a better player if you so wish. I’ve watched Ben bat a few times and I’d pick him ahead of the guys we’ve looked at over the last few days.
There’s no shortage of options to make us a lot more competitive, there are good players out there, we’ve got a lot of “work in progress” type batsmen because of the type of cricket they’ve had to play here and we’re running out of time. It’s a bit like the theory of Hick being stuck in County too long hence not adapting well to the level up, maybe that’s what’s happened to a few of our guys?
We “imported” Goodwin and Johnson and those extra two guys made us competitive immediately. There’s also Sean Ervine.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

This game looks like the old Kevin Curran days where we admitted we had no chance of competing and just turned these huge chases into a net session.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

eugene wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:02 pm
This game looks like the old Kevin Curran days where we admitted we had no chance of competing and just turned these huge chases into a net session.
That was my thoughts exactly when seeing this scoecard.

Maybe they need it though in order to cope.

This team cannot win under any circumstances in current form against a top 8 team.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:47 pm
Well the next tour is notionally to South Africa, maybe if there's a game near whatever city he goes to uni in he'll get a game.

Handy not out for Moor to get his average up near 20 I guess. Given Sarfraz was bowling pies at the end of the innings he probably should have added another 10-15 runs to his final score.

Thank you for your service Elton Chigumbura? I'm not really sure what he offers any more. He looks pretty disinterested, I think he's cooked.
His brain and or his heart look broken to me. A shadow of his former self.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:11 am
eugene wrote:

This team cannot win under any circumstances in current form against a top 8 team.
Indeed. Some of these young guys like Murray, Kamunhukamwe, Burl, even Moor just need to score runs to build confidence for the future. Winning is out of the question with the current team unless the big-5 make a comeback.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

eugene wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:48 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:11 am
eugene wrote:

Indeed. Some of these young guys like Murray, Kamunhukamwe, Burl, even Moor just need to score runs to build confidence for the future. Winning is out of the question with the current team unless the big-5 make a comeback.
Yep, we just have to go back to batting the 50 overs. Anything more than 240 is out of reach for this squad.

The bowlers are even more of a concern - the bowling attack is so toothless.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Mark Olonga is the future leader of this attack