Positives & Negetives of the Tri Nation T20 Series ( Aus, Zim, Pak ) & 5 match odi series ( Zim Vs Pak )

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Positives & Negetives of the Tri Nation T20 Series ( Aus, Zim, Pak ) & 5 match odi series ( Zim Vs Pak )

Post by Googly »

The guy we haven’t seen for a while is Kundai Matigimu. I’d be very interested to watch him.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Positives & Negetives of the Tri Nation T20 Series ( Aus, Zim, Pak ) & 5 match odi series ( Zim Vs Pak )

Post by sloandog »

Googly wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:54 pm
The guy we haven’t seen for a while is Kundai Matigimu. I’d be very interested to watch him.
Yea how bowled an 87mph thunderbolt I heard in 2014? That's fast in anybody's book, let alone an under 19

NickG

Post by NickG »

Black Mamba wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:14 pm
Decent, line length bowlers have been smashed apart in the recent series

Which uncapped fast bowler has got the " killing effect ", can take wickets, can trouble the opponent, can blow away batting order ?

Honest Ziwira

Mkhululi Nyathi

Tendai Nyamayaro

William Mashinge

Kundai Matigimu

Sydney Murombo

Robert Chimhinya

Jonathan Connolly

Kieran Robinson

Dean Mazhawidza

E Masuku

VM Nyauchi

Tafara Chingwara

Thabo Mboyi

Cuthbert Musoko

C Chitumba

Tanyaradzwa Munyaradzi

B Zhawi
Those that I know...

William Mashinge is more of a batting all-rounder, medium pace bowler, fast/medium at best. His batting definitely the stronger suit - every time I've seen him play.

Nyamayaro I feel sorry for - he's left arm medium and clearly has something to be picked for RS tour last year, but he struggled badly and can't get a game.

Honest Ziwira - again medium/fast medium pace, was effective in English conditions and he hits the seam, but can't see him ripping through sides on flat decks.

Mkhululi has genuine pace - but always has injury niggles.

Chitumba and Masuku have promise, but neither genuinely quick.

If you include the current crop:
I'm excited about Carl Mumba's return. He put on a yard last year and was shaping up nicely until the injury.

Richard Ngarava - has genuine pace but his action is not smooth. He could be quicker and if he works hard he could be the answer.

For me, Blessing and Mumba should be first choice picks if fully fit. Jarvis also a shoe-in. Ngarava as back up if he puts the work in.

Googly

Post by Googly »

What injury does Mumba have?

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Positives:

Some of the young guys getting a chance and coming through. Showing that they do have talent and it just needs to be harnessed properly

Negatives:

Selection panel
Elton, Chamu, Hamilton, Mpofu...basically a lot of the deadweight we have in the team and how they impact they are having on the team
The fact that the youngsters coming through are coming through a system is self centred and will probably not provide them with the support structure and necessary coaching and support to develop to be international level players (this can change easily though, the board has to go and be replaced by the right people)
The humiliation of the defeats

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Googly wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:54 pm
Where is he ? Did he left the game ? There was a news that he was playing club cricket in South Africa

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

What grinds my gears the most is when these talented youngsters make themselves known then just disappear of the face of the earth. No one gets their talent whilst we are left with 120k trundlers, batters averaging 19 and guys who literally get their knee pads out, lay them on the floor whilst they suck Mukhalani and friends dicks to play for a bowl of fruit.

IF they aren’t making it elsewhere I’d at least like to see them in the system in some form or with intent.
Can’t have Zimbabwean 145 km/hr bowlers working drive thru at Mcdonalds in Nelson, Nz or the crazy north of England.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:34 pm
the crazy north of England
The DOGG knows

NickG

Post by NickG »

Googly wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:21 am
What injury does Mumba have?
Knee ligament. Almost back to full fitness now...

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:34 pm
What grinds my gears the most is when these talented youngsters make themselves known then just disappear of the face of the earth. No one gets their talent whilst we are left with 120k trundlers, batters averaging 19 and guys who literally get their knee pads out, lay them on the floor whilst they suck Mukhalani and friends dicks to play for a bowl of fruit.

IF they aren’t making it elsewhere I’d at least like to see them in the system in some form or with intent.
Can’t have Zimbabwean 145 km/hr bowlers working drive thru at Mcdonalds in Nelson, Nz or the crazy north of England.
I am just up the road the McDonald's in Nelson. I will keep an eye out for a 150kph Zimbabwean bowler.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes