Positives & Negetives of the Tri Nation T20 Series ( Aus, Zim, Pak ) & 5 match odi series ( Zim Vs Pak )

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Positives & Negetives of the Tri Nation T20 Series ( Aus, Zim, Pak ) & 5 match odi series ( Zim Vs Pak )

Post by eugene »

eugene wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:34 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:34 pm
What grinds my gears the most is when these talented youngsters make themselves known then just disappear of the face of the earth. No one gets their talent whilst we are left with 120k trundlers, batters averaging 19 and guys who literally get their knee pads out, lay them on the floor whilst they suck Mukhalani and friends dicks to play for a bowl of fruit.

IF they aren’t making it elsewhere I’d at least like to see them in the system in some form or with intent.
Can’t have Zimbabwean 145 km/hr bowlers working drive thru at Mcdonalds in Nelson, Nz or the crazy north of England.
I am just up the road from the McDonald's in Nelson. I will keep an eye out for a 145 kph Zimbabwean bowler.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Positives & Negetives of the Tri Nation T20 Series ( Aus, Zim, Pak ) & 5 match odi series ( Zim Vs Pak )

Post by jimmylesaint »

The first step would be to stop the board
That's all you had to say.

Everything was a negative.

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

NickG wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:37 pm
Black Mamba wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:14 pm
Decent, line length bowlers have been smashed apart in the recent series

Which uncapped fast bowler has got the " killing effect ", can take wickets, can trouble the opponent, can blow away batting order ?

Honest Ziwira

Mkhululi Nyathi

Tendai Nyamayaro

William Mashinge

Kundai Matigimu

Sydney Murombo

Robert Chimhinya

Jonathan Connolly

Kieran Robinson

Dean Mazhawidza

E Masuku

VM Nyauchi

Tafara Chingwara

Thabo Mboyi

Cuthbert Musoko

C Chitumba

Tanyaradzwa Munyaradzi

B Zhawi
Those that I know...

William Mashinge is more of a batting all-rounder, medium pace bowler, fast/medium at best. His batting definitely the stronger suit - every time I've seen him play.

Nyamayaro I feel sorry for - he's left arm medium and clearly has something to be picked for RS tour last year, but he struggled badly and can't get a game.

Honest Ziwira - again medium/fast medium pace, was effective in English conditions and he hits the seam, but can't see him ripping through sides on flat decks.

Mkhululi has genuine pace - but always has injury niggles.

Chitumba and Masuku have promise, but neither genuinely quick.

If you include the current crop:
I'm excited about Carl Mumba's return. He put on a yard last year and was shaping up nicely until the injury.

Richard Ngarava - has genuine pace but his action is not smooth. He could be quicker and if he works hard he could be the answer.

For me, Blessing and Mumba should be first choice picks if fully fit. Jarvis also a shoe-in. Ngarava as back up if he puts the work in.
What about Zhawi...He has been among top 10 wicket takers in Pro 50 nearly every season. Still doesn't get picked for Zimbabwe A or national side

zimstarr

Post by zimstarr »

Black Mamba wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:20 pm
NickG wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:37 pm
Black Mamba wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:14 pm
Decent, line length bowlers have been smashed apart in the recent series

Which uncapped fast bowler has got the " killing effect ", can take wickets, can trouble the opponent, can blow away batting order ?

Honest Ziwira

Mkhululi Nyathi

Tendai Nyamayaro

William Mashinge

Kundai Matigimu

Sydney Murombo

Robert Chimhinya

Jonathan Connolly

Kieran Robinson

Dean Mazhawidza

E Masuku

VM Nyauchi

Tafara Chingwara

Thabo Mboyi

Cuthbert Musoko

C Chitumba

Tanyaradzwa Munyaradzi

B Zhawi
Those that I know...

William Mashinge is more of a batting all-rounder, medium pace bowler, fast/medium at best. His batting definitely the stronger suit - every time I've seen him play.

Nyamayaro I feel sorry for - he's left arm medium and clearly has something to be picked for RS tour last year, but he struggled badly and can't get a game.

Honest Ziwira - again medium/fast medium pace, was effective in English conditions and he hits the seam, but can't see him ripping through sides on flat decks.

Mkhululi has genuine pace - but always has injury niggles.

Chitumba and Masuku have promise, but neither genuinely quick.

If you include the current crop:
I'm excited about Carl Mumba's return. He put on a yard last year and was shaping up nicely until the injury.

Richard Ngarava - has genuine pace but his action is not smooth. He could be quicker and if he works hard he could be the answer.

For me, Blessing and Mumba should be first choice picks if fully fit. Jarvis also a shoe-in. Ngarava as back up if he puts the work in.
What about Zhawi...He has been among top 10 wicket takers in Pro 50 nearly every season. Still doesn't get picked for Zimbabwe A or national side

He is just a medium pace trundler slower than tiripano he will be punished severely in international cricket

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

What about Kevin Bowie and Robert Diplock...
both were known for swinging the bowl at 140+
Robo to rule :oops:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

What about Ernest Masuku? Does anybody have any info on him because his stats are impressive so far. 37 wickets at an average of 22 and a strike rate of 33 after 8 games. Almost like how Blessing started. This is why we need A team cricket.

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

Ernest Masuku
Nice guy. Really friendly. works hard but i think he maay have hit a patch where no one really was interested in playing. Next season we will see.
If my source is correct it was Ernest Masuku that broke willows finger in the nets.

eugene

Post by eugene »

The Robot wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:40 pm
What about Kevin Bowie and Robert Diplock...
both were known for swinging the bowl at 140+
I think you mean David Bowie.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

So over all feedbacks says, uncapped pacers in Zimbabwe are in 110-120 kph with no threatening effect.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I missed the whole tri series and Odis as I was travelling around Europe for 6 weeks, but I did watch the majority of the final innings as I was bed ridden in Lagos.

Murray looks a gem, he seemed to play straight 90% of the time especially to the spinners, ironically it was an attempted slog sweep that got him out though.

Prince was very impressive he played the spinners very well, he’d definitely be in my side to tour BD.

Moor looked ok but he really struggled to rotate the strike and for some reason didn’t go after Sarfraz which was embarrassing tbh.

Apart from that it looked like Mire did well in the t20’s but nothing else to write home about. Not sure about some of the selections though.

Burl playing t20’s but not ODI’s ??? Should have been the other way round.

Chisoro being left out of the ODI series for Wellington was odd.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement