Positives & Negetives of the Tri Nation T20 Series ( Aus, Zim, Pak ) & 5 match odi series ( Zim Vs Pak )

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Positives & Negetives of the Tri Nation T20 Series ( Aus, Zim, Pak ) & 5 match odi series ( Zim Vs Pak )

Post by Black Mamba »

Zimbabwe got completely demolished in tri nation T20 series that include Australia, Pakistan, Zimbabwe as well as 5 match odi series against Pakistan.

T20s

1)In batting its only Solomon Mire.Scarcity of big hitters in the side

2) Bowling completely lacks killing effect, only highlight tight spell from Chisoro and Blessing Muzarbani's use of height in some of his deliveries, though bowling was totally out of sorts

3) Its over for Jhon Nyumbu, Elton Chigumbura, Hamilton Masakadza, Chamu Chibhabha, Malcolm Waller ......only chance if they get will be on favouritism of his selector friends or ZC's politics
as all of them were average or failures by their standards.

4) Brandon Mavuta should feature more in T20s. Wellington Masakadza including Chisoro needs to develop wicket taking deliveries.Roche needs to controll his flights & improve his pace in bowling off spin

ODIS

1) Elton Chigumbura, Hamilton Masakadza, Chamu Chibhabha,Malcolm Waller, Chris Mpofu......only chance if they get will be on favouritism of his selector friends or ZC's politics

2)Brian Chari, Tarisai Musakanda, Peter Moor, Richard Ngarava, Donald Tiripano should be given a deadline of 10-15 more matches to prove their worth

3) Zimbabwe got promishing opening batsmsn for shorter formats....the man with long name Kamhukunkamwe and a quality technically correct wicket keeper batsman Ryan Murray both are ready for international cricket with Prince Masvaure and all the three should feature more in A games.

4) Liam Roche has talent needs time. At present in need of pace bowling allrounder

5) Bowling department needs drastic improvement specially fast bowling department. Its completely 0 out of 10 bowling performance in both the formats.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Positives & Negetives of the Tri Nation T20 Series ( Aus, Zim, Pak ) & 5 match odi series ( Zim Vs Pak )

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I agree with most of that.

I don't think Masakadza is finished yet, although he has been disappointing. He was still our leading run scorer though. Needed to show more grit than he did.

Googly

Re: Positives & Negetives of the Tri Nation T20 Series ( Aus, Zim, Pak ) & 5 match odi series ( Zim Vs Pak )

Post by Googly »

You can’t give deadlines if there’s no other options.
I thought that was what the major smack between the eyes was, there’s no one else.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Overall I saw glimpses of talent from Mire, Murray, Tari, Kamunhukamwe and Blessing. Prince Masvaure also looked very comfortable against spin. I would take him to Bangladesh. PJ got a couple of scores too but struggled with strike rotation as usual.

For me Chamu, Waller and Chari disappointed. Hami and Elton need to retire one day but our bench stregnth isnt strong enough to get rid of them just yet.

Overall we are in deep trouble without the senior guys. This was a big wake up call. At least we can buy a few more years from them whilst we sort this out. There just arent enough guys coming through right now. This needs to be attended to ASAP. Looks like AC is back and it sounds like he has a plan. Lets see what AC and van der Bijl can come up with. The first step would be to stop the board from doing something stupid with these contracts. I have a feeling they might pull a shocker. Lets see what happens

kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by kudet »

TapsC wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:34 pm
Overall I saw glimpses of talent from Mire, Murray, Tari, Kamunhukamwe and Blessing. Prince Masvaure also looked very comfortable against spin. I would take him to Bangladesh. PJ got a couple of scores too but struggled with strike rotation as usual.

For me Chamu, Waller and Chari disappointed. Hami and Elton need to retire one day but our bench stregnth isnt strong enough to get rid of them just yet.

Overall we are in deep trouble without the senior guys. This was a big wake up call. At least we can buy a few more years from them whilst we sort this out. There just arent enough guys coming through right now. This needs to be attended to ASAP. Looks like AC is back and it sounds like he has a plan. Lets see what AC and van der Bijl can come up with. The first step would be to stop the board from doing something stupid with these contracts. I have a feeling they might pull a shocker. Lets see what happens
i have a feeling that one of slug/williams will miss out on the new contracts

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

kudet wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:01 pm
TapsC wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:34 pm

i have a feeling that one of slug/williams will miss out on the new contracts
Thats what I am afraid of. I also have that feeling. They are going to try make an example of somebody. I think the only guys who are 100% safe are BT Raza and Cremer.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Momentous days ahead. The Board will be vaguely listening to Campbell but the other guys who seem to permanently have their ear will have entirely different opinions.
Who gets a central contract and what value?
Who gets a franchise contract and what value? Previously I think they were giving franchise managers a lump sum and they were distributing it? That would have meant Tuskers were playing for free😂😂
They’ve made deals with certain guys already to ensure there was no mass action, it would be justice if some of those guys got burned.
I wonder how many guys have managers? I doubt more than one or two.
Ive got a feeling there’s going to be some very disgruntled fellas soon.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Didn't watch much of this series, so I can't really say. Normally I have my neutral outsider's assessment.

I especially wanted to watch the new guys.

Hamilton played like Hamilton. He looks good but then finds some way to get out. I didn't realize it till someone posted earlier today, but Hamilton rarely edges the ball or gets beaten. In general his technique is quite sound. I guess he just loses his focus at critical times. That being said, I think he is still needed because anyone who might replace him (Burl, Musakanda, Murray) needs more time to cook.

Chari should stick to Test cricket where he has a decent enough technique and the mindset to bat long. His batting is too limited for white ball cricket.
Chibabha and Chigumbura just aren't international class.
Waller I don't see what he offers the team, except for perhaps in T20s.
Musakanda is talented. But he reminds me of Vusi and Mohammad Ashraful. Still young so I'd give him a couple more years.

For the bowlers. Blessing is obviously special. Would make a fine group with KJ and Mumba. Chatara I think is too ordinary to trouble decent sides. Its been a while since he's bowled a decent spell.

Wellington doesn't look like a wicket taker, but maybe he can keep things tight for 10 overs.

Didn't like the look of Ngrava. Too overweight for a fast bowler, IMO. And his bowling action is like Madziva's...no vertical leap in the delivery stride. That negates momentum and doesn't allow for an explosion at the crease. Critically important for a fast bowler. Its not coincidence that Blessing is the best seamer from ZIM given his technically correct action.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

Googly wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:59 pm
You can’t give deadlines if there’s no other options.
I thought that was what the major smack between the eyes was, there’s no one else.
Musakanda talented no question,brilliant fielder no question, brings energy with his actions in the ground no question but a huge lack of patience and temperment in his game. Played 15 odis, where he threw away his wicket in 80% of the matches he played and is not showing any sign of improvement.

Peter Moor 36 odis, very much senior member now, one of the inconsistent player. Moor looks great when he plays aggressive cricket, like he did in tour of UAE against Afghans back in 2015, since then his approach has gone differant that made him inconsistent, power hitting is the one he should rely upon, which brings success in his game

Tiripano, Chari even Burl are prolific performers for their franchises in domestic cricket but all of them looks average when they plays for Zimbabwe.Chari finds no clue how to tackle opening spells from fast bowlers.Burl tooks enough bowls to score runs.Tiripano's bowling does'nt have any venom to trouble batsman, his batting suits in test cricket, but needs to have kiling effect in his bowling.

Giving chance to youths has been fantastic move in the series. Players like Shumba, Tsiga, Tony Munyonga,Taffy Mupariwa,William Mashinge, Faraz Akram are all capable to take their places if above players continues inconsistency and fail to deliver

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Murray is a positive. Hami is necessary. Moor is a test positive - he managed to play a couple of test innings in this series and made a few as a result.

Blessing will grow. Not much else apart from seeing the poverty of thinking where we can just ditch the senior players and go fine. We clearly can't.