[NEWS] Spar Bonsa T20 to go National

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

[NEWS] Spar Bonsa T20 to go National

Post by tawac »

http://www.chronicle.co.zw/plans-afoot- ... -national/

Streak still doing a lot for Bulawayo cricket.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

TapsC

Re: [NEWS] Spar Bonsa T20 to go National

Post by TapsC »

This is very good. Corporate support is something we desperately need in Zimbabwe. Clubs and franchizes should be able to run themselves without too much support from the board. Thats another thing stopping our development. Hopefully the elections go smoothly so that we can get our economy kicking again

matland
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by matland »

Having watched all four weeks thus far a few things are evident.
There is goodwill in the corporate sector,they just will not deal with ZC.
Club cricket ground to a halt prior to and during the qualifiers,it has been amazing to watch the weekly improvement in performances,in our climate we should be playing at least 10 months of the year !
The senior players have had their eyes opened by the some of the performances of the younger guys,these youngsters are hungry !
But the cameraderie has been a joy to watch.
I get so annoyed when I see someone like Chris Mpofu get slagged here,come down and watch him with the youngsters,the support and encouragement he gives.
He played last week,stayed to watch the final game and next minute was playing at Queens on sunday.
All for the love of the game,I wish we had more pros like that.

The most amazing thing has been the glaring absence of Vumi and co,they probably know that as non players they are no entitled to the free lunch the players get.

Googly

Post by Googly »

That’s great news. Ya Chris is such a good guy, met him twice and heard nothing but good things about him.
ZC is all about controlling everything, without that they know they’re rumbled.
I’d like to give those guys a free lunch, they’d be shitting through the eye of a needle. Ice cream for dessert :lol:

jimmylesaint

Post by jimmylesaint »

Having watched all four weeks thus far a few things are evident.....
I've watched all 4 weeks too. i guess at some stage we were watching each other! :o

I agree with your statement this T20 has blossomed from the first game 48/10 and 52/6ish to exciting 130's being chased down.
The players are kitted with shirts and caps, white balls provided, water, lunch and free medical support.Every game finishes with a professional interview, and man of the match award(being a MOM plaque)
You are right we haven't seen hide nor hair of Vumi(never worked a day in his life)/Singo(doesn't know that he doesn't know!) or even the self professed hero Senyo.
Chris is always great with the youngsters he unfortunately has the balls to tell ZC where to go hence he falls out of kiss ass favour.
I also believe an SRC delegation spent an hour watching and questioning why 500m down the road Queens remains barren of sponsors and empty of cricket. Hint: it's not the venue it's the untrustworthy
Nkosana Mpofu,thabo mboyi,ainsley,mupariwa,Nyasha, and an in form Nunu plus many others including some 15yr olds.
Long may ZC stay out of this set up!

tawac

Post by tawac »

matland wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:19 pm
I get so annoyed when I see someone like Chris Mpofu get slagged here,come down and watch him with the youngsters,the support and encouragement he gives.
He played last week,stayed to watch the final game and next minute was playing at Queens on sunday.
All for the love of the game,I wish we had more pros like that.
Chris may not really light up the world to often but I doubt if anyone here can point out to any complete haulers he has had in national colours. In the 5th Odi against Pak he seemed the only seamer who actually put some thought in his game and where he bowled. We need such guys in and around our cricket.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Was looking at the teams for this and not many big names are there. I think the only names I recognised are Chris and Sean. Does this mean that none of the ZC contracted players or anyone within that arena does not take part or will not take part?

I also find it very interesting that the tournaments organised on the side seem to get a lot of sponsorship. So it's evidently clear that people are willing to fund the sport, they are just not willing to fund ZC.