[Match Thread] Crocodile vs Chamisa, Zimbabwe Election Showdown 2018

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: [Match Thread] Crocodile vs Chamisa, Zimbabwe Election Showdown 2018

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

And who could forget the 2006 presidential election either, Matthew Santos is about as liberal as they come and he carried Texas for the Democrats. But that was an unusual election year because the Republican senator Arnold Vinick won California.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:23 am
And who could forget the 2006 presidential election either, Matthew Santos is about as liberal as they come and he carried Texas for the Democrats. But that was an unusual election year because the Republican senator Arnold Vinick won California.
State and local elections often throw out seemingly odd results. Thats probably because of lower voter turnout and lack of media coverage. For example, Mitt Romney the Republican was governor of Massachusetts which in the 2016 election was the only all Democrat state (every single county voted for Clinton, not just Boston and its suburbs but even the rural Western counties).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:23 am
TV shows also have unusual election results.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Googly wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:07 pm
All this could have been avoided if ZEC had announced the result of the presidential vote, they have blood on their hands.
The “unofficial” result is that Chamisa won 64% of the vote.
One of the burning questions is how does Zanu win 73% of the parliamentary vote but their party leader loses the presidential one.
I find it impossible to believe that a Zanu supporter will vote for a Zanu MP, but then will vote for an MDC President- you’re either a party faithful or you aren’t. Find me a Zanu stalwart that voted for two candidates from different parties and I will eat my underpants.
Quite a few people have been shot. It’s a disaster.
I was in Zimbabwe during the election in Rural areas Zanu supporter voted for a Zanu MP, but then voted for an MDC President because the Zanu Pf MP's gave people fertilizer & maize seeds , while MDC MP's just offered promises...
As to Presidential candidate Chamisa offered hope & ED had not shown anything different during his 6 months in power...

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Googly wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:38 pm
They’ve just said they will make the announcement at 10pm. That’s to make sure most people are back at home.
Biti and Chamisa are adamant that they have won and they have no cause to lie, they have the V11 forms to prove it. I can’t imagine what ZEC/ZANU are going to come up with? Chamisa also alleged that they had been trying to get new forms re-signed but I can’t see them pulling that off.
I’m guessing that they haven’t disputed the parliamentary vote (and there’s much to dispute) because they feel they’ve got them dead to rights on this one.
I’m not sure what they’re hoping for?
It’s highly improbable that Chamisa will be announced the winner, there’s a slim chance they’ll declare that a run-off is required. That’s going to be a violent affair with only one outcome.
If they’re relying on the SADC and AU observers to declare that there has been manipulation I think they’re in for a long wait. Plus what do they do- declare it hasn’t been free and fair? And then what happens?
The real issue I think is how MDC and their supporters will accept an ED victory knowing that observers and neighboring countries will avert their eyes and shufffle their feet, so there’s no help from that quarter.
There’s another possible outcome and that’s some sort of deal being brokered for cabinet positions.
It would be good to know who really ordered the military onto the streets and who gave them live rounds instead of rubber bullets. Having watched the footage many times I saw a reluctance by most soldiers to fire. The SA, local and even overseas media is critical of MDC’s premature announcement, which is patently ridiculous and have less to say to ZANU’s decision to use military force to quell a civilian demonstration. If SA had to do this for every demonstration they would have shot close on a million people by now. Our demonstrations are love fests in comparison to what happens South of us.
What V11 forms do you know the Police & Army raided the MDC - HQ..
It's all water under the bridge
Foreign countries have no vested interest in Zimbabwe since Mugabe was removed..