[Match Thread] Crocodile vs Chamisa, Zimbabwe Election Showdown 2018

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: [Match Thread] Crocodile vs Chamisa, Zimbabwe Election Showdown 2018

Post by Googly »

Under MDC I would see Coltart trying to play an active role. I have grave reservations about that. The prize is to separate cricket from politics regardless of who wins this election.
Everything in Zim revolves around political affiliations and if we’re to mature as a nation this needs to change.
Perhaps under the new look ED that may change? Mmmmm....
Is it Mukhulani that keeps this Board of non cricketing people together? I doubt that, if he were pressured into stepping down because he now had a political post it could open the door to some meaningful changes, unless they reshuffle those well-worn deck chairs yet again.

matland
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by matland »

Howsit Googly,am probably as stressed as you are.
Looking at some of the rural numbers should these guys win its only by rigging,and blatant rigging at that.
I dont recollect gettting early pro opposition results like this in 2008 ?

As for Coltart I personally think the only involvement he should have in cricket is when he parks his deck chair after paying his gate fee.
He had all the info against the board when he was minister and had a good idea of the goings on prior.
Sweet feckall is what he has done and did do about it.
Plus he is political and I think the further we stay away from politicians in cricket the better.
Whatever their hue or persuasion.

Tried to get him to promote school grounds so that club could continue during the qualifiers,that did not get very far.
Whilst Queens did play Bac at a school my view was more club games could happen if we had more venues,and the clubs/schools could hopefully get an "in" with each other
Win WIn to my simple mind

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I heard the croc won ages ago. Whether it was real or fraudulent the bottom line is unofficially he is said to have won

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m sure he will ultimately be declared the winner.
Biti announced that MDC won the Presidential elections though. It was a big call as 21% of the polling stations had not posted their results.
I think he’s done that on the strength of the results they have to date, he will be in trouble as he was not supposed to do that, but they believe they’ve won and they want to make it exceedingly difficult for the results to be changed. It’s a vexing issue and as a result they will probably only announce the presidential result on Saturday. Who knows what’s going to happen, it’s going to be a tense few days.
The parliamentary elections seem to be a resounding win for ZANU.

Jayb

Post by Jayb »

Every single photo I have seen on social media of the polling booth vote sheets has Chamisa romping croc.

Why are ZEC not announcing results now? They have most of the information, at the very least they should announce results from constituencies that they have. Bulawayo and Harare were counted hours ago and unofficial information in these areas has Chamisa so far ahead.

Realistically, Zanu were never going to be ok with an MDC win and their connections in military and in the ZEC were going to be used to get a result for them. The best MDC can hope for is some sort of say in a unity government.

I hope violence is not used as a tool by either side to get what they want but somehow I feel that MDC will not take this lying down and the people have had enough. 2013 was a very different beast and social media was not the same as it is today.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Do we know who has won yet ?

I’m guessing everyone wants Chamisa to win yeah?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I cant 100% confirm but apparently our very own Mukuhlani and Bvute won their elections. Maybe they can leave us alone now. Will see in the morning if its true.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It’s 100% true, and by wide margins.
Chamisa’s tweet this morning means there’s some problems coming- he said they’re not accepting ZEC’s announcements on the presidential election because they know they won by a wide margin.
Water cannons were used to disperse crowds outside Harvest House (MDC headquarters) last night and I heard that army are on the alert.
It remains to be seen what the international observers have to say. They generally never leave the comfort of Meikles Hotel and have rubbber stamped every election we’ve ever had, so it’s hard to imagine them not doing the same this time around.
ZANU were and are never going to accept defeat.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Doesn't the ZC constitution prohibit being part of the board and in politics?

Then again, this is ZANU and they do whatever they want. Zim could never have had fair elections. ZANU were always going to win it, but they were just hoping they won it fair. They didn't, so they rigged it.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

It looks like Zanu-PF pulled the rabbit out of the hat yet again! What a shock!
It's like they left themselves 36 runs from the final over and the Croc smacked 6 consecutive Mugabe Maximums!

:roll: