[Match Thread] Crocodile vs Chamisa, Zimbabwe Election Showdown 2018

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

[Match Thread] Crocodile vs Chamisa, Zimbabwe Election Showdown 2018

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

What’s the word on the street regarding the election Googly? Saw a few photos on Twitter that suggest MDC are doing pretty well.

Googly

Re: #ZCBOARD MUST GO

Post by Googly »

It’s confusing to be honest.
Perhaps a third of the polling station results have been “unofficially” announced and Chamisa is well ahead.
There’s clearly shock and consternation and I would imagine there’s going to be a delay before others are announced. I hate to say this but there will be emergency crisis meetings and they will be going to Plan B,C and whatever else.
The votes have all been counted so what’s the delay?
They’re supposed to count and then post the result outside the polling station. These are the unofficial results we’re getting. The public were supposedly allowed to hang around (300m away) until they were put up and then could access them, so I don’t know why there are these big missing blanks because that would imply they weren’t allowed to do so or we’d unofficially have them.
This happened in 2008 I think. MDC had the early lead and then it all went Zanu’s way.
The shenanigans have been outrageous and continue to be so. There’s an air of anticipation tinged with dread that we are going to be turned over at the 11th hour.
Bvute and Mukhulani have won their seats as MP’s.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I pray I’m wrong but their only hope is to concoct an even more massive fraud of gargantuan proportions over the coming hours and make it inconclusive and then it’s run-off time.
There must be so much happening behind the scenes now because the people have spoken and the Gov. don’t like what they’re hearing. We’re in uncharted territory for sure.

Googly

Post by Googly »

ZBC are now saying counting and verification can and probably will take up to the 4th August! :lol:
I don’t think this will end well.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Unofficially Mnangagwa has now pulled clear. Most of the polling stations left to be accounted for are rural so it looks likely to be an ED/Zanu win. It’s hard to fathom for me, the poorer and more impoverished you keep your electorate the more likely they are to pin their hopes on you, it’s a form of Stockholm Sydrome. Anyway I will have to stop crying and continue as before. Let’s hope ED does something about the cricket.

matland
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by matland »

This is the page I am following,which one are you following Googly ?
Its a long way to go but right now I think I prefer my site !!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ingle=true

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

87903 vs 62038 is just a drop in the ocean though. There's millions more to go, and like Googly said we might get another 2008 situation where after MDC lead early, Zanu-PF "miraculously" score well at the back-end.

sam_ahm

Re: [Match Thread] Crocodile vs Chamisa, Zimbabwe Election Showdown 2018

Post by sam_ahm »

Sorry to be asking this but how significant is this for Zimbabwe cricket? Will a change in the ruling party mean a change in ZC personnel?

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

sam_ahm wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:42 am
Sorry to be asking this but how significant is this for Zimbabwe cricket? Will a change in the ruling party mean a change in ZC personnel?
When there was the power sharing agreement a while back, David Coltart was sports minister and things seemed to run a bit smoother. That was the Stanbic era.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Hey Matland, howzit?
This is a roller coaster. Ya I’ve got about 4 different spreadsheet links, but then also getting messages ahead of those. How much of it is fake is impossible to say.
Remember 2008 they tried to make it look plausible and exciting? I’m fearing the same thing.
I saw one post that said 20% of the polling stations hadn’t posted their results as required. That’s their safety net I would think. It’s all very stressful.

As far as change to the cricket-
Under MDC the ZC hierarchy will be in for the high jump and there would possibly be repercussions for them.
Under ED my guess is that there will be some improvement in the very short term, it’s happening now anyway as per BT’s statement.
What would then need to happen is that there would need to be some constitutional changes before the next ZC election cycle. There’s pressure on them to make immediate improvements, but I’m not sure how they’re going to be coerced into making the constitutional changes that will bring about their own demise.
That’s my take anyway.