Africa T20 Cup Season 2018

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Africa T20 Cup Season 2018

Post by TapsC »

I have always had mixed feelings about Mutumbami. I never thought he was good enough when he was playing but if we are being 100% honest he can feel hard done by because he actually has almost identical ODI stats to PJ. They have played a similar amount of games and they both only have 3 half centuries to their name. They both have very poor list A records as well.

Mutumbami has one advantage of PJ. He is a better keeper. So it will be interesting to see how Rajput sees both their situations. Murray is still in uni so it has to be between these 2 for the reserve keeper spot for now. Maybe Tsiga should be given a go ahead of both of them.

For tests PJ is fighting Chakabva only. Will be interesting to see how the selectors go with this because Regis showed us that his hands arent as safe as we thought last time.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

If Murray isn’t available then BT will keep in t20’s and ODI’s. He might also keep in Tests considering he kept in the last Test they played.

Regis’ keeping to spin bowling is really bad, he can’t be risked in Bangladesh IMO.

Mutumbami isn’t much better in fact he’s probably worse

Moor isn’t a first string keeper, they just tried to make him a keeper because of his batting.

Can’t say I’ve seen Tsiga keep

At this point if Murray can’t tour BD then I’m not sure who I’d choose as the Test keeper, picking BT will take away from his batting, but dropping chances will hurt more. Maybe BT might have to keep and bat down at 6 or something.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

If we play an 8-3 combo I think BT can bat at 5 or 6 in tests. We just dont want him to run out of genuine batting partners but if we play a 6,7,8 order of BT Raza and Williams for example I think he would be ok. That would mean we have Ervine,PJ, Burl, Hami and maybe Masvaure/Mire batting above him.

Raza and Williams would probably be putting in heavy bowling shifts so batting at 7 and 8 would suit them. Hopefully Raza is still keen to play for Zim.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

The only spot that I can see Ryan Burl occupying is the opening spot, other than that I don't see an option for his inclusion

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

The only spot that I can see Ryan Burl occupying is the opening spot, other than that I don't see an option for his inclusion

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:01 am
If we play an 8-3 combo I think BT can bat at 5 or 6 in tests. We just dont want him to run out of genuine batting partners but if we play a 6,7,8 order of BT Raza and Williams for example I think he would be ok. That would mean we have Ervine,PJ, Burl, Hami and maybe Masvaure/Mire batting above him.
Wouldn’t be the worst idea to play the 8-3 again in BD when you consider Blessing & Cremer won’t be there what other bowlers do we have that will be effective in BD ??

An attack of Jarvis, Mumba & Chisoro plus Williams and Raza might be Zimbabwe’s best bet.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:04 am
Seems a top 3 player.

Getting off subject but I just think the loss of Cremer is massive for this tour, Chisoro is a good spinner but he’s not the type of gun who will run through a side in a test match. Despite his poor average Cremer had proved he was capable in his last few tests.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

As for the Africa t20 side I’d go with this

Kamunhukamwe
Zhuwao
Murray wk
Tari c
Maruma
Mutombodzi
Faraz
Madziva
Mavuta
Rugare
Ngarava

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:49 am
I have always had mixed feelings about Mutumbami. I never thought he was good enough when he was playing but if we are being 100% honest he can feel hard done by because he actually has almost identical ODI stats to PJ. They have played a similar amount of games and they both only have 3 half centuries to their name. They both have very poor list A records as well.

Mutumbami has one advantage of PJ. He is a better keeper. So it will be interesting to see how Rajput sees both their situations. Murray is still in uni so it has to be between these 2 for the reserve keeper spot for now. Maybe Tsiga should be given a go ahead of both of them.

For tests PJ is fighting Chakabva only. Will be interesting to see how the selectors go with this because Regis showed us that his hands arent as safe as we thought last time.
After Taylor, Murray is the best wicket keeper both with the bat and the gloves, Pakistan series shown that he has got promise and can bat at n.o 4 or 5.

Moor has improved in his keeping in last one year, played some good knocks in thd middle order in test in tough situation, though his glove work is still in question. Chakabva has been tried in many position with the bat, has'nt done anything great except one innings of drawing a game against Windies, his glove work is also average.

Mutumbami is best when it comes to keeping, but his batting in international cricket is as good as a tailander. At present keeper has to be good with the bat. Tsiga & Mupriwa's batting at the first class level looked promishing, as both bat higher up in the order and they now needs to be tested for Zimbabwe A in four day games.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

First game today v Gauteng

Decent side with Bavuma, Mulder & Mosehle

Any one if this is being televised at all??

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1797 ... up-2018-19