No longer blessed

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: No longer blessed

Post by foreignfield »

Googly wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:17 am
When BT and Co were making their stand Muzarabani was nowhere to be found, yet he fucks off anyway :lol:
That small fact has been lost on most. Had he joined them it may have persuaded a couple of others to follow suit and we may have had a new board by now.
I think that's a bit harsh. He's basically a kid -- same as BT back in the days when he didn't stand with the Rebels. And, before someone secured the deal for him, he had nothing whatsoever to fall back on, both in terms of money and international contacts.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

foreignfield wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:02 pm
Googly wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:17 am
When BT and Co were making their stand Muzarabani was nowhere to be found, yet he fucks off anyway :lol:
That small fact has been lost on most. Had he joined them it may have persuaded a couple of others to follow suit and we may have had a new board by now.
I think that's a bit harsh. He's basically a kid -- same as BT back in the days when he didn't stand with the Rebels. And, before someone secured the deal for him, he had nothing whatsoever to fall back on, both in terms of money and international contacts.
It could be more selfish than that. A zimbo can only qualify for a Kolpak with a certain amount of international caps. He might have been getting over the line.
If not, and the deal was sorted. he’s a 7ft pike of dog poo that’s betrayes his people.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:05 pm
It could be more selfish than that. A zimbo can only qualify for a Kolpak with a certain amount of international caps. He might have been getting over the line. If not, and the deal was sorted. he’s a 7ft pike of dog poo that’s betrayes his people.
I don't know where you get that from; there is no stipulation that you need a certain amount of international caps as far as I am aware . As I understand it the only condition is that you are not allowed to have played for your country in the 12 months previously -- if the deal had been sorted, he obviously wouldn't have played in the last series!

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Purely going off the ICC article I’ve linked.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

NickG

Post by NickG »

Any player signing a kolpak deal still needs the relevant visa to play in the UK, and the ECB attach conditions to this as part of their GBE (Governing Body Endorsement) criteria, which does stipulate that the player needs to have played a certain amount of international matches in the preceding 24 months. If Blessing hadn't reached the required amount then it's highly likely the reason he played in the recent series was to get him over the line.

kudet

Post by kudet »

TapsC wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:07 am
Whilst others are suggesting its Taibu's fault that Blessing left. These guys are pathetic.

http://www.sundaynews.co.zw/zc-tried-to ... uzarabani/
and taibu responded on twitter. this board is really pathetic.
https://twitter.com/taibu44/status/1031161966948245504

Tatenda Taibu @taibu44
Mukhuhlani, ask @BMuzarabani when last i spoke to him. Grow up please and stop thinking that all you failures are caused by me.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

People seriously blaming Taibu for trying to actually do something for the youngsters, pathetic.

The ZC contract was probably a pittance, and some clause like, "no matter what you do, Mukhulani owns you and all the successes you have, and we may pay you if we have enough money left over after we have taken enough for our own expenses"

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

NickG wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:03 pm
Any player signing a kolpak deal still needs the relevant visa to play in the UK, and the ECB attach conditions to this as part of their GBE (Governing Body Endorsement) criteria, which does stipulate that the player needs to have played a certain amount of international matches in the preceding 24 months. If Blessing hadn't reached the required amount then it's highly likely the reason he played in the recent series was to get him over the line.
Thanks for the explanation.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Geez let the kid be, he got a ticket out of Zimbabwe to play county cricket good on him.

Same story with Jarvis and BT

People will always twist stories to suit their agenda
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jontym87
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jontym87 »

foreignfield wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:36 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:05 pm
It could be more selfish than that. A zimbo can only qualify for a Kolpak with a certain amount of international caps. He might have been getting over the line. If not, and the deal was sorted. he’s a 7ft pike of dog poo that’s betrayes his people.
I don't know where you get that from; there is no stipulation that you need a certain amount of international caps as far as I am aware . As I understand it the only condition is that you are not allowed to have played for your country in the 12 months previously -- if the deal had been sorted, he obviously wouldn't have played in the last series!
There is a requirement on amount of International caps you need to get a Kolpak deal.
Professional troll feeder since 2011 :P