No longer blessed

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

No longer blessed

Post by zimfan1 »

Blessing Muzarabani, 21, has ended his cricket career. “I wish my former team mates & ZC all the very best for the future. I have been honoured to represent my country but feel this is an appropriate time for me to pursue other challenges both personally and professionally.”
From Liam Brickhill

I would wage a fairly hefty some on him playing for Zimbabwe again at some point.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: No longer blessed

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Just beat me to it. Yeah, he might come back. But well, who would argue against his decision anyway? Is he continuing with cricket though? Or leaving the game altogether?

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

ZC indicate that it is to play cricket, "international career on hold" is the official line.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

A strange one, he will not be able to play county cricket so unless it is a full time coaching and playing club cricket gig it does not make a lot of sense.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Also very confused. I would have thought ZC were about to give him a huge salary increase. I know there had been complaints about how much he was earning before compared to Jarvis which was not either player's fault. Unless he got a county gig it doesnt make sense. No chance a club can pay him more than what he could have negotiated for.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Haha.
I told you I told you i told you.
Chalking this down to another ‘Dogg prophecy.

I don’t even need to know the details.

The fact if the matter is, you put poor young Zimbabwean kids in London for half a year. You exposed them to the first world and they were sitting ducks for poaching attempts.
Did they really not think that these kids weren’t going to get a taste for the country? And not make moves in the background? Even get gfs that could become wives? Do you think that Randomshire CC on the outskirts of London weren’t going to take a shot at a talented underpaid youngster?
They were only in England because that’s where Taibu (who himself tasted the British life) didn’t want to move to Zim.

That said,
I think blessing is making a mistake.
When will these young Zimbos understand that you are nothing until you are someone on the stage and there is not a better route to the big stage than in Zim. You can do the hard yards in a club system and hope you are noticed or you can make a few memorable knocks at the world t20 and make it into the big money that way.

I recently had the pleasure of speaking to a zimbo who is now in oz. It is not easy for a zimbo to get a visa to Australia. This particular person could only come to Aus because he has a lot of international experience.
That’s just one other example of why you need to be in the big leagues to make it.
Zim cricket is the perfect platform.
Yet everything in Zim is fucked. A cursed land.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jontym87
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jontym87 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:05 pm
Haha.

The fact if the matter is, you put poor young Zimbabwean kids in London for half a year. You exposed them to the first world and they were sitting ducks for poaching attempts.
Did they really not think that these kids weren’t going to get a taste for the country? And not make moves in the background? Even get gfs that could become wives? Do you think that Randomshire CC on the outskirts of London weren’t going to take a shot at a talented underpaid youngster?
They were only in England because that’s where Taibu (who himself tasted the British life) didn’t want to move to Zim.

That said,
When will these young Zimbos understand that you are nothing until you are someone on the stage and there is not a better route to the big stage than in Zim. You can do the hard yards in a club system and hope you are noticed or you can make a few memorable knocks at the world t20 and make it into the big money that way.

I recently had the pleasure of speaking to a zimbo who is now in oz. It is not easy for a zimbo to get a visa to Australia. This particular person could only come to Aus because he has a lot of international experience.
That’s just one other example of why you need to be in the big leagues to make it.
Enough of BS. I have explained everything in a different post viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15142. Blessing Muzarabani has signed a 3 year County deal with Northamptonshire. He has gone the Kolpak route.
Professional troll feeder since 2011 :P

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

First black player to get a Kolpak.

If he struggles, he might not get a contract renewal in 3 years and might return like Jarvis. Zimbabwe can still form a decent pace attack with KJ, Mumba, and Chatara for both formats.

Was surprised that blessing only has 18 ODI wickets from 18 games at an average of over 40. I felt like he was taking 2-3 wickets in every match.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m confused.
ZC really needed to hang onto him.
Did he hang around long enough to talk about his new ZC contract and not like what he heard?
I don’t see his county contract being more than £7k a month so that means ZC were offering him less than that, plus of course they don’t usually pay.
They will get him fitter and stronger and bowling better , that’s for sure. Blessing won’t know what’s hit him because County is intense and he’s used to long periods of doing diddly.

This is a very very poor message from the ZC thieves.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:05 pm
Haha.

That said,

This forum never ceases to amaze me with the confusing and bizarre posts it can churn up.

Why wouldn't anyone want to move to a land where there is more opportunity and less hassle? Do you like working in your job, not getting paid, and then having to live in a country where the government continually screws you over?

Nothing wrong with becoming keen with the english lifestyle or Britain. If a random club notices a talented youngster and is willing to offer him a liveable wage (paid on time) quality development and a competitive cricket, then why should he not take it. Zim cant even pay its players on time, have a proper domestic structure, and compete against associates, let alone the big boys.

He clearly did not need to have any experience to secure the deal and if a British club can see his talent and be able to nurture it in the way it should be, then so be it. Rather be nothing in a county scene, earning good money on time, and enjoying excellent facilities and coaching and a good lifestyle, than giving your all for your nation only for it to treat you like dirt and filth.