Blessing Muzarabani signs a 3 year Kolpak deal with Northamptonshire

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jontym87
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Blessing Muzarabani signs a 3 year Kolpak deal with Northamptonshire

Post by jontym87 »

All Forumites,

Let just to put the speculation to rest. Blessing Muzarabani has signed a 3 year Kolpak deal with Northamptonshire. This rule him out for playing wearing the Zim national colours for the next 3 years unless he is released from the deal.

Earlier in the year Nottinghamshire director of cricket Mick Newell expressed interest in Muzarabani but unfortunately he had to cut short his stay in July in order to go back and play for Zimbabwe against Pakistan and Australia. Blessing will be the first black Zimbabwean to get a full length 3 year English County Contract.

The Northampton CCC deal was thrashed by his agent the Legendary Winston Weakes a gentleman who was once involved in development cricket on zimbabwe in the 80s and 90s.
Professional troll feeder since 2011 :P

TapsC

Re: Blessing Muzarabani signs a 3 year Kolpak deal with Northamptonshire

Post by TapsC »

Well this makes more sense. Cant blame him for taking this opportunity. I hope ZC at least tried to match the deal. Why didnt he sign on for next season?

As painful as this maybe I actually think this is for the better for us in the long term. Blessing has all the attributes to become a world class fast bowler. We dont have the expertise or facilities to make that happen. In 3 years time he should be absolutely lethal.

Hopefully this inspires somebody like Matigimu to come back home and give it a go. International cricket opens so many doors.

Brexit needs to happen soon. We are tired of this

kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by kudet »

good on the young man.. at least he gets the much needed game time and the buck of course :D but our loss of course.. and i am sure with the coaches at NCCC he will be a much better bowler given that the english pitches offer something for the pacemen.. also saw that the northants signed Ben Curran on a two year deal..

Googly

Post by Googly »

So much for the new look ZC taking us forward.
Their first step is to lose our premium strike bowler :lol:
There is absolutely no end to their incompetence.
Thieving idiots.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

If this is true that is better news. He will get much better training in England.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:51 pm
Well this makes more sense. Cant blame him for taking this opportunity. I hope ZC at least tried to match the deal. Why didnt he sign on for next season?

As painful as this maybe I actually think this is for the better for us in the long term. Blessing has all the attributes to become a world class fast bowler. We dont have the expertise or facilities to make that happen. In 3 years time he should be absolutely lethal.

Hopefully this inspires somebody like Matigimu to come back home and give it a go. International cricket opens so many doors.

Brexit needs to happen soon. We are tired of this
My thoughts exactly
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

https://www.herald.co.zw/zimbabwe-crick ... -blessing/

How did we miss him playing for the Northamptonshire and Derbyshire 2nd XI's ? I wonder how he did.

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Huge loss. This kolpak system needs to be abandoned asap. It takes away a lot of quality players. :(

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Jemisi wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:04 am
If this is true that is better news. He will get much better training in England.
Agreed.

I guess the only downside is he didn't pull the pin a few months ago and join Taylor, Raza, et al. It would have added a bit of oomph to that little protest to have him join.

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

TapsC wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:24 am
https://www.herald.co.zw/zimbabwe-crick ... -blessing/

How did we miss him playing for the Northamptonshire and Derbyshire 2nd XI's ? I wonder how he did.
I think it was mentioned here at the time. He took 4 wickets in a one of those games.