Is Blessing Muzarabani the least grateful cricketer in Zim?

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Is Blessing Muzarabani the least grateful cricketer in Zim?

Post by foreignfield »

Geez, Eugene, you sound like someone poached the keys to your favourite church organ, flushed them down the drain and now the scrap dealers are coming for the pipes.

Bulawayo Boy
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

Unfortunately, I couldn't agree less.

He's a young cricketer with some potential. He's got an opportunity in England and I don't blame him at all.

To expect a 21 year old to:

a) understand the vagaries of Zimbabwean cricket politics
and
b) try to actively influence them

is absolute madness!

Would anyone listen to him? Of course not! Let's be realistic.

Loads of good Zimbabwean cricketers have left for greener pastures and I wish him the best. The same as I did for Sean Ervine, Taylor, Jarvis and even such peripherals as Trevor Penney (who was an awesome player).

Hopefully English exposure and coaching will improve the lad. Who knows what may happen in the future - we might welcome back a much improved giant of a bowler hitting good speeds.

Insofar as the "black/white" argument goes - come on - both Olonga and Taibu got death threats for stepping outta line - so I don't expect anyone to deal with those retards at Zimbabwe cricket.
Last edited by Bulawayo Boy on Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Bulawayo Boy wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:03 pm

He's a young cricketer with some potential. He's got an opportunity in England and I don't blame him at all.

and

is absolute madness!

Loads of good Zimbabwean cricketers have left for greener pastures and I wish him the best. The same as I did for Sean Ervine, Taylor, Jarvis and even such peripherals as Trevor Penney (who was an awesome player).

Hopefully English exposure and coaching will improve the lad. Who knows what may happen in the future - we might welcome back a much improved giant of a bowler hitting good speeds.

Insofar as the "black/white" argument goes - come one - both Olonga and Taibu got death threats for stepping outta line - so I don't expact anyone to deal with those retards at Zimbabwe cricket.
Some of that misses the point, but Blessing definitely had the opportunity to strike because BT addressed the players.

He had a contract and could have made an impact but chose not too. Left it to the white guys.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Absolute load of bullshit
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

NickG

Post by NickG »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:47 am
Bulawayo Boy wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:03 pm

and

is absolute madness!

Insofar as the "black/white" argument goes - come one - both Olonga and Taibu got death threats for stepping outta line - so I don't expact anyone to deal with those retards at Zimbabwe cricket.
Some of that misses the point, but Blessing definitely had the opportunity to strike because BT addressed the players.

He had a contract and could have made an impact but chose not too. Left it to the white guys.
Blessing never had a ZC contract at any point.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:07 am
So what you’re saying is the players were wrong to strike at all?

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:14 am
jaybro wrote:
No I'm saying all this crap you're going on about blaming Blessing for everything under sun is a load of shit
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:09 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
jaybro wrote:
No I'm saying all this crap you're going on about blaming Blessing for everything under sun is a load of shit
That is too vague a statement, I've itemised the issue I/we have with him.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

The most important thing is to understand what the strike was about. From what we can see now it was about outstanding salaries and match fees. BT himself came out and said he didnt want to fight the board. This was never about wholesale change. We have heard so many things about incoming change of the board and so on but as we can see now none of it seems to be true.

We don't even know whether Blessing had a contract worth striking for like his peers. So why would a boy from the ghetto risk everything for money he never had in the first place? Another alternative way of looking at it is asking whether Burl striking achieved anything? He was in a similar situation although less important than Blessing. We should be blaming guys like Hami not Blessing

To me the strike only entrenched this board even further as the burden of salaries has shifted to the ICC. You cant blame Mukuhlani and co for that anymore.

Finally now that it is clear that it was always about the money and not a change of leadership we have to be honest with ourselves here and ask was striking for the ODIs necessary when it was now the ICCs fault for not releasing the money at the beginning of July like they were supposed to?

In my opinion this was a big middle finger to us the fans who had suffered so much this year only for us to get humiliated again. There is a lack of empathy with these guys if we are being honest. Think about it. Who suffered the most during the Pakistan ODIs? The Players? The board? Or the fans? It would be interesting to get a poll up and see what people really think about that.

This is why I was also trying to find out how recent this Cremer injury was because for me it would be absolutely ridiculous for him to only get the surgery now if he had been injured this whole time. There is a lack of seriousness in these boys sometimes.

Bulawayo Boy
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:09 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
jaybro wrote:
I tend to agree. He's taken the owl run. He's left and gone into a situation where he'll get paid and hopefully develop his game.