30 Probables for Zimbabwe Tour Of South Africa & Bangladesh

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: 30 Probables for Zimbabwe Tour Of South Africa & Bangladesh

Post by TapsC »

Mumba is also back. Good news. I would have loved to have seen a test bowling attack with Blessing, Mumba, Cremer and Jarvis. I dont think Chatara can bowl more than 20 overs in an innings. Hopefully Mumba hasnt lost his pace

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

TapsC wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:24 am
Mumba is also back. Good news. I would have loved to have seen a test bowling attack with Blessing, Mumba, Cremer and Jarvis. I dont think Chatara can bowl more than 20 overs in an innings. Hopefully Mumba hasnt lost his pace
Cremer supposed to miss the BD tour according to cricinfo. Now if he can come back in 8 weeks, he might be able to sneak in for the Test series which doesn't start till Nov 2.

If Cremer is out for the Tests, thats just terrible news.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:24 am
Mumba is back? That’s great news
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

ZC reporting via twitter that Cremer is out of both tours

Real big blow for the Bangladesh tour, any chance we had of causing an upset is dashed imo. Can’t go to the Sub continent without your best spinner.

One can’t think that if Cremer wasn’t on strike his knee injury would have been picked up sooner and his surgery completed earlier.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

No Cremer for the tests. Cry, cry Zimbabwe. :cry: :cry:

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:59 am

One can’t think that if Cremer wasn’t on strike his knee injury would have been picked up sooner and his surgery completed earlier.
I get the feeling Cremer's been carrying this injury for a while (not shocking as he's 31 or so, not super young anymore) and just decided to get the surgery done later than he could have. Then again, surgery is always the last option before trying more conservative management options. Its disappointing because I was really looking forward to watching him bowl in BD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:59 am
ZC reporting via twitter that Cremer is out of both tours

Real big blow for the Bangladesh tour, any chance we had of causing an upset is dashed imo. Can’t go to the Sub continent without your best spinner.

http://www.sundaymail.co.zw/the-good-ba ... he-cremer/

He knew he was injured this whole time. Why didnt he get it done after the qualifiers? This is so frustrating. There was no cricket lined up till July.

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

It will be a great chance for Mavuta to show his talent in spin friendly pitches of Bangladesh

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Black Mamba wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:20 pm
It will be a great chance for Mavuta to show his talent in spin friendly pitches of Bangladesh
Mavuta won’t be ready, we saw what happened last time to M’shangwe when we played him before his time.

Chisoro, Williams & Raza are the guys to spin it

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see Raza has finished his club cricket stint in the UK.
I’m not sure anyone knows what his next move is. He’s well liked in Afghanistan, Canada, Pakistan etc etc and clearly has quite a few options. If they don’t get him back here it’s a further (like we need one) indictment on this administration. We are so short of players that he’s almost irreplaceable.
It would be amazing to get Sean Ervine back here for a couple of years, he’s still got a couple of good innings left in him.