What's Raza status

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: What's Raza status

Post by Googly »

I just heard via via, not sure how true it is.
It would be an error not to re-engage him immediately.
I’m sure it’s that important that they would have contacted ICC to hear what they have to say.
You can’t be living by their goodwill and the next day there’s yet another crisis.
If ICC say re-engage him they have to listen, or on the other hand they may say - no send a message that you can’t just do what you want when you want to.
I just look forward to the day we play a series with the strongest side available, team unity and with adequate preparation.
I’m not sure the South Africans have played for a while so they probably won’t be resting too many players.
Have they announced who has central contracts?

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Looks like they didnt pick him. He will probably play in the Afghanistan t20 league then. Knowing ZC they will probably ask him to prove his loyalty by voluntarily not playing in Afghanistan.

Sad state of affairs. I warned there would be backlash. These guys are very unforgiving. Thats why I said striking over salaries was a waste of time. If you are going to attact a snake you better make sure you go for the head and kill it. All that stike achieved was to piss off the beast. Nothing else.

It all played into ZC's hands because now with the ICC paying players there is no better/consistent source of income than a central contract. T20 contracts are far from guaranteed. Its a national crisis. People are afraid of striking in Zimbabwe because of this exactly. You lose your job then what?

Also like I pointed out before dont think for a second the likes of BT are going to protest Raza's exclusion. These guys dont have the guts we saw in the 2004 players

Googly

Post by Googly »

Who’s paying the FC players? Are they going to give the new franchise managers a lump sum for them to distribute as they see fit?
We await their appointments with bated breath.
We’re going backwards here.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Franchise Managers lol. Have u seen the requirements ZC are after for those jobs. Doubt one person here meets their criteria, absolutely hilarious.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:24 am
Who’s paying the FC players? Are they going to give the new franchise managers a lump sum for them to distribute as they see fit?
We await their appointments with bated breath.
We’re going backwards here.
With the ICC monitoring funds expect more dubious positions to be created.

sam_ahm

Post by sam_ahm »

It is really sad that Raza is missing out here. I understand has made a mistake but ZC needs him and they need to ve a little lenient here. The situation at the time was not very promising in terms of payment and you cannot really blame Sikander for opting to play elsewhere.

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Meanwhile, Mukuhlani on Thursday met the new appointed Minister of Youth, Sport, Arts and Recreation Kirsty Coventry at her offices in Harare. Mukuhlani was accompanied by ZC acting managing director Givemore Makoni, consultant Vince Vintcent van der Bijl and chief financial officer Feroza Shariff.

The ZC delegation managed to brief Coventry on the goings on at ZC, including the exclusion of all rounder Sikandar Raza for the tours to South Africa and Bangladesh. Raza was left out from the two tours after walking out of his contract in protest against being denied a No-Objection Certificate to play in the Global Twenty20 League in Canada when the national team was in camp preparing for the visits to Zimbabwe by Australia and Pakistan. —@Mdawini_29