Kirsty Coventry new Minister of Sport, Arts and Culture

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Kirsty Coventry new Minister of Sport, Arts and Culture

Post by Googly »

Well that’s being thrown in the deep end :lol:
I wonder if she has any idea what she’s signed up for?
She’s going to be butting heads with some serious tsotsis from day 1.

Googly

Re: Kirsty Coventry new Minister of Sport, Arts and Culture

Post by Googly »

My guess is she won’t be able to do much about the cricket. She’s going to have to let SRC do what they are supposed to, and they’re in a shit fight with Chiyangwa.
That SRC bunch need overhauling and thinning out so they may one day have a shred of legitimacy, and perhaps only then can they be used as a vehicle to investigate ZC and to listen to the grievances of whoever has petitioned.

She’s the IOC rep and I can’t think why she’d want this job. Of course she must give it a try but she’s going to be facing some insurmountable hurdles. I wish her the very best, she may be the first politician we’ve ever had that has a squeaky clean record. If only I had her ear as her cricket advisor. :lol: There’s going to be a queue of people volunteering.
She’s going to have to be very very very careful who she’s seen with in this regard. That will be the first attempt at discrediting her. Coltart faced the same situation but he came with a lot of political baggage.
Will she have the smarts for this? It’s going to be mighty interesting.

Googly

Post by Googly »

And Makoni’s first move is to not engage Raza.
I’ve just seen his twitter AC.
That’s just personal and completely disregards what we need, we can’t move forward with this man, he’s got some serious issues, and people are afraid of him.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Googly wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:22 pm
And Makoni’s first move is to not engage Raza.
I’ve just seen his twitter AC.
That’s just personal and completely disregards what we need, we can’t move forward with this man, he’s got some serious issues, and people are afraid of him.
This is clearly personal. Didnt they want him to issue an apology for cancelling his contract after the whole NOC drama. I dont think it will work. Raza is one of those too big to be thrown in the bin kind of players.

Does anyone know the 19 guys who got contracts? Got a feeling he isnt the only one. I honestly feared for Williams and Ervine

What would be interesting to know about Raza is whether he has a Zim passport or he is just a permanent resident. If he doesnt have a Zim Passport then he cant get a Kolpak. That would limit his options of making the kind of money he was making here. Interesting

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Kirsty Coventry is an interesting pick. Unlike before where Mugabe didnt care about anybody but himself I genuinely believe these guys want to fix things for theur own benefit as well. The bigger the pot the easier it is to steal more and without anybody noticing.

She will obviously have the presidents full backing. This new administration is full of no nonsense people. If she has the backing of the presidium she could make changes.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well her first move that would bring a resounding cheer would be to get this guy sacked and get Raza a workable contract.
Yup these central contracts are going to have a few nasty surprises.
Nobody is spilling the beans on this Croco Motors scandal either. Where are these cars now?
It’s damned unscrupulous of a big company to sell a national institution stuff they don’t need and can’t afford. Right here is a big smoking gun. I guarantee there’s a big kick back in that deal.

Googly

Post by Googly »

He’ll definitely have dual citizenship. It’s now legal but practically impossible to get if you’re non indigenous.

Googly

Post by Googly »

My guess is her first big showdown will be with Mr. Chiyangwa, that will show us how much power she’s allowed to exercise. Under opportunist in the dictionary there’s a picture of this guy.
He’s smart and ruthless and the boss of ZIFA. He somehow escaped scrutiny after the coup that wasn’t.