Test, ODI & T20i Squads for SA & Bangladesh Announced

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Test, ODI & T20i Squads for SA & Bangladesh Announced

Post by kudet »

quite an interesting discussion today on Star FM.. never heard a serious discussion about cricket and captaincy like this.. Yvonne Mangunda had a go at Walter Chawaguta and Pro the snitch that they are sending the wrong message to the laaities that no matter what they will stick to Hamy even if he under-performs.. and the board for appointing Hamy as skip as she thought that they appointed him based on his history of scoring a century as a teenager.. in addition to that, she talks about how the board gets to select a national team captain.. she also adds that we should look past a 36 year old fella (rightly so) and look to someone like young Tary because the former is not an inspirational skip at all.. she concludes that Hamy should be nowhere near that team if its based on performance alone..

dig in the podcast and its loaded with jewels.. from the start to 11:15

https://twitter.com/SteveVickers5/statu ... 8756082688

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I really don’t get the hate for Hami and for once I actually will defend the board here, with the 5 guys who went on strike unavailable they really didn’t have many choices for captain.

Tari & PJ were the two other guys who’s names got thrown in the mix, but neither player has established themselves in the side, at least with Hami you know he’s going to be picked every game.

As for whether or not Hami should be in the side, he was the top run scorer from the Pakistan series and despite having a poor CWCQ he’s been a solid performer in the past 12 months or so.

Once again it was a case of the board putting themselves into a difficult situation by sacking Streak & Cremer and failing to find a resolution with the players they were forced to pick Hami, they had no other choice.

The idea to pick Tari is stupid he’s not even in the squad to tour South Africa.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Sorry but who the fuck is Yvonne Mangunda ?

kudet

Post by kudet »

the fvck about Yvonne Mangunda is that she is the ONLY sportscaster who has extensively covered the zim supporters protest at HSC to the extent that her accreditation was at the verge of being terminated should i say.. and she is a former cricket player who can relate in so many ways and one of the outspoken people on the social media platform (twitter so to say) abt the day to day runnings at ZC

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Hami usually disappoints to be honest but 1 thing I noticed is that most of the times we do well he would have excelled. E.g. the Sri Lanka ODI series. I honestly dont think he is captain material. BT is the obvious choice but I guess they are rewarding loyalty.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

There are just under 1000 ODI caps for the SA and Bangladesh ODI squads. Surely Surely at some point we have to start seeing some wins

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

This squad for ODIs in SA is shocking. I can’t make a solid 9 let alone 11. Chawaguta is obviously a complete imbecile.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Flakeman wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:01 pm
This squad for ODIs in SA is shocking. I can’t make a solid 9 let alone 11. Chawaguta is obviously a complete imbecile.
Our bowling is screwed, Tiripano and Ngarava as our third seam options is terrible, plus without Raza and Cremer I fear 400 plus

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

We are struggling to find a solid XI that's for sure.

That is the nature of Zimbabwe cricket.

How many games can we count where the best possible XI was selected? It feels like less than 20%.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

So stupid. Chisoro, Tari and Raza could fill the void so nicely but are obviously out of favour with the absolute fools in charge of selecting this atrocity. It’s so awesome playing against SA, something I’m super excited about, but we are throwing it away due to one or two imbeciles.