Test, ODI & T20i Squads for SA & Bangladesh Announced

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Test, ODI & T20i Squads for SA & Bangladesh Announced

Post by sloandog »

All I'll say is this; enjoy looking at squads with our favourite players in while you can. One day Taylor, Hammie, Ervine, Williams, Cremer, Mire, Jarvis etc won't be there and we'll be playing the likes of Gupo instead.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Did Malcolm Waller finally quit?

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Its also very strange to me that t20 squad is a lot stronger than the ODI squad because it also has Bobby Chamu and Chisoro and Tari

kudet

Post by kudet »

TapsC wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:02 am
Did Malcolm Waller finally quit?
i would like to think he fell out of favour from the selectors the same way elton did under streaky

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Domestically we very much need Waller. Internationally not so much.

kudet

Post by kudet »

http://cricketsamagazine.com/issue-23/welcome-note
WELCOME NOTE
IMPORTANT OPPORTUNITY
South Africa and Zimbabwe have a long playing history and I look forward to Zimbabwe getting some important game time, especially against one of world cricket’s better sides.

Zimbabwe needs to be playing these sides more often, even if the lessons learnt might be tough ones. Zimbabwe don’t always play against the stronger nations and opportunities like this will give the players a platform on the world stage and an opportunity to test their skills against some of the world’s best.

Playing South Africa will always be a tough tour for Zimbabwe so it is imperative that they have their best players available for the series. Hopefully the financial issues will be sorted out, which will allow for a full strength team with all of their experienced players in the squad. One of my favourite memories of playing for Zimbabwe against South Africa is during the 1999 World Cup in England. We managed an unlikely victory against a strong South African line-up. I also enjoyed the triangular series we played in South Africa, which also included England. It was an exciting tri-series, in which each team beat each other. We played South Africa in the final, and we bowled brilliantly to restrict them to just over 200, but we were poor in our run chase losing by 50-odd runs.

I look forward to the next chapter in its rivalry.

Mpumelelo ‘Pommie’ Mbangwa, SuperSport Commentator Mbangwa played 15 Tests and 29 One Day Internationals for Zimbabwe between 1996 and 2002

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

This ☝🏻
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

SpitfiresKent

Post by SpitfiresKent »

Jemisi wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:23 am
Domestically we very much need Waller. Internationally not so much.
I think he still has something to offer internationally in T20 cricket.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Yes, me too, but that is about it.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

The thing about Waller is when the top order are doing their jobs and scoring runs he's the perfect guy to come in at No. 7 or 8 and turn a 250 score into a 280 or 300 score, but when the top order is failing and he's coming in at No.6 against Rashid Khan he's of no help to anyone.

Waller like most Zim batsman struggles badly against Rashid, but of all the guys he struggles the most his average against Afghanistan is 8.07!!!!! that's so bad considering he has played 15 innings against them. I also think if he isn't bowling then he's really not worth a spot in the side, a batting and bowling No.7 is his best spot.

In saying that his run of form of late was dreadful so he isn't deserving of a spot in the side, but he's been here before I remember us all agreeing his '1 off 10 caught at deep mid wicket against Ireland' was his last ever ODI innings, but as he always does he dusted himself off and scored heavily for the Rhinos and got back into the side.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement