Test, ODI & T20i Squads for SA & Bangladesh Announced

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
kudet
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Test, ODI & T20i Squads for SA & Bangladesh Announced

Post by kudet »

Saw the squad announcements on Twitter
@ZimCricketv selectors have announced their squads for the back-to-back limited-overs and Test series away to @OfficialCSA @BCBtigers scheduled for September-November #SAvZIM #BANvZIM

#SAvZIM - @ZimCricketv ODI Squad: Hamilton Masakadza (c), Solomon Mire, Craig Ervine, Brendan Taylor, Sean Williams, PJ Moor, Elton Chigumbura, Donald Tiripano, Kyle Jarvis, Brandon Mavuta, Richard Ngarava, Tinashe Kamunhukamwe, Wellington Masakadza, Ryan Murray, Tendai Chatara

#SAvZIM - @ZimCricketv T20I Squad: Hamilton Masakadza (c), Solomon Mire, Neville Madziva, Brendan Taylor, Sean Williams, PJ Moor, Elton Chigumbura, Tendai Chisoro, Kyle Jarvis, Brandon Mavuta, Chris Mpofu, Chamu Chibhabha, Wellington Masakadza, Tarisai Musakanda, Tendai Chatara

#BANvZIM - @ZimCricketv ODI Squad: Hamilton Masakadza (c), Soly Mire, Craig Ervine, Brendan Taylor, Sean Williams, PJ Moor, Elton Chigumbura, Donald Tiripano, Kyle Jarvis, Brandon Mavuta, Richard Ngarava, John Nyumbu, Welly Masakadza, Tary Musakanda, Tendai Chatara, Cephas Zhuwao

#BANvZIM - @ZimCricketv Test Squad: Hamilton Masakadza (c), Brian Chari, Craig Ervine, Brendan Taylor, Sean Williams, PJ Moor, Regis Chakabva, Donald Tiripano, Kyle Jarvis, Brandon Mavuta, Richard Ngarava, John Nyumbu, Wellington Masakadza, Ryan Burl, Tendai Chatara

good to see a few youngsters in there. hopefully they get a few games.. i thought Carl Mumba is a better player than Richard Ngarava who is a bit wayward and inconsistent. they should have at least considered him in the test team,is Neville Madziva still the same player he was a few years back? and probably one person who will feel hard done is Prince Masvaure who gave a decent account of himself in the 5th ODI.. could it be an issue of fitness? and clearly the standoff btwn Raza and the board is far from over as he was overlooked.. how will we fare in Bangla ohne Raz? i see a 2014 debacle where we regretted Mangongo having left Willy, but lets wait and see

TapsC

Re: Test, ODI & T20i Squads for SA & Bangladesh Announced

Post by TapsC »

Interesting to see that they actually picked 4 different squads. Chisoro looks to have missed out as well. I feel for Prince as well. Looks like Cremer wont even play the test matches. Quiet year for him

Googly

Post by Googly »

Why is Masakanda in some squads and not others?
No Raza I see.... that’s a gamble that he’s going to suck up his punishment, I wouldn’t bet on that.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Only the idiots at ZC could pick a squad for tour when there’s still a tour in between it 😳😳😳😳

What happens if Kamunhakamwe has a good tour in South Africa ?? He has been dropped for the BD tour without even playing a game 😂😂😂

You’re right TapsC, Chisoro is the big loser here, imo he’s a better player than Wellington and definitely better than Nyumbu.

The fact Raza is being overlooked has brought Nyumbu into the side, I guarantee you he won’t be doing any damage in BD. We’re really relying on Williams to bowl well in BD.

Moor and Chigumbura both kept their spots in the ODI side probably because they were solid against Pakistan. An inform duo of Moor and Chigumbura down at 6 & 7 could be dangerous ( doubtful though )

Not much to get excited about in the pace department with Blessing gone & Mumba not selected. Let’s hope Ngararva can show some aggression and pace.

Might be the end of Christopher Bobby Mpofu
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I’m guessing. The Test side will be something like

Hami
Burl / Chari
Ervine
Taylor
Williams
Moor
Regis wk
Mavuta / Wellington
Jarvis
Chatara
Nyumbu

I honestly can’t see that bowling lineup take 20 wickets in a test. With Cremer and Raza I was quietly confident but not now. They might even play Tiripano instead of Chatara just to lengthen the batting. That’s what Walter the idiot doesn’t see, by losing Cremer and not selecting Chisoro the batting is very weak. Wellington and Nyumbu can’t bat for shit.

I hope they play Mavuta at least he can bat and he offers some variation compared to Wellington who really doesn’t offer much except accuracy.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I would have said Chisoro is better than Nyumbu in all formats

Googly

Post by Googly »

Ya you’re right :lol: you can’t pick a Bangladesh side before you see how they go in SA.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

So our best bowler is injured, and now our best all rounder and second best bowler just don’t get picked. Rape on the cards...

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Googly wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:12 am
I would have said Chisoro is better than Nyumbu in all formats
I would agree 100%

The problem is without Raza we have no offie, Roche probably would have been a better option tbf

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m sure there’s a twist in this tale of Raza not being in the squad. He’s either going to be a late inclusion or he’s walked out.