Some insights into Muzarabani Kolpak deal

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Some insights into Muzarabani Kolpak deal

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:21 pm
When I faced him last summer, he was very playable lets put it that way. Either too full or too short
This is not a slight on you Sloandog but the fact you (a club bowler cum keeper) are saying he’s not hard to play then I’m hardly confident he’s going to set the international test scene alight.

The only thing about Blessing I like is I feel he would have a high ceiling for improvement. Whereas with Mpofu or Tiripano, you get the feeling they have already hit the best they are going to be.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

I don’t think anyone thinks he’s world class at the moment but as the Dogg said it’s the fact he could become very good is what we’re all excited about. Hopefully some decent coaching in England will help him improve and we see him back in a few years.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Ah yea I know, that's my point. If I could play him pretty well there's a good chance he'll get a slamming in county cricket.

And just for the record DOGG, I've always been a top 4 :D

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:24 am
Ah yea I know, that's my point. If I could play him pretty well there's a good chance he'll get a slamming in county cricket.

And just for the record DOGG, I've always been a top 4 :D
Have a listen to it haha
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Robbo wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:56 am
Those in Zim may remember that Zimbabwe used to be a pre-season destination for a few counties back in 90's.
Remember this fondly. Teams from all over would come across. I remember on a few occassions some of the Aussie sides came to Zim for camps as well.

jimmylesaint
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by jimmylesaint »

Ok. This is very interesting. I was all 100% in support of Blessing but I cant believe he didnt have to take a Kolpak deal but he took it anyway :o

If that's the case then maybe the ungrateful talk had some truth in it if i'm being honest. That is shocking.

This is why the flashing lights of the UK argument holds weight too. He clearly wanted to be permanently based in the first world. There is no other explanation that makes sense. He was in prime position for a good deal with ZC and with the ICC now paying salaries then what exactly is the problem?
This quote amongst others highlights the internal structure of destructive instinct that zimbabweans have, as soon as we see someone doing well for themselves we try claw them back down off the freedom wall so we can scramble over their bodies or at least have them side by side suffering with us.
Shouting "the struggle continues, the struggle is real." or some other sycophantic shit like that.Racism,tribalism, sexism are all second class citizens in Zimbabwe to capitalism.