Some insights into Muzarabani Kolpak deal

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Some insights into Muzarabani Kolpak deal

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:13 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:56 pm

Before you come at me with another unprovoked potshot at least address the points raised.
Unprovoked pot shot please Dogg surely a mud slinger like yourself has thicker skin, I've been disagreeing with you and calling you about about this whole thing since the very start.

I've brought up my points numerous times but you don't seem to want to listen to them because it doesn't suit your narrative, you just want to hammer the ZRS program and Blessing.

I don't really have an issue with the comments about the ZRS program because I can see your points, But I still think Blessing would have ended up there anyways, as I've said ( but you've ignored ) plenty of Zimbos play club cricket in England every European Summer, so Blessing would have ended up there and might have knocked up this chic anyways. You can blame Taibu & ZRS stars all you want but facts are these young guys are playing club cricket in England with or without the program, Zimbabwe will always lose players to England & Australia whilst the country is a mess and the board are incapable of organising a root in a brothel. POINT ADDRESSED

Again about the point of blaming Blessing for not standing up to the board ( which I've addressed in numerous posts ) REMEMBER ONLY 6 PLAYERS WENT ON STRIKE !!!!! And they're all back playing happy families because they got paid, really the strike did sweet fuck all and it was only about wages, NOT about changing the game in the Country. Why would Blessing follow the lead of those guys?? They were the minority the rest of the squad were happy to wait to get paid which they did. POINT ADDRESSED

Anything else you'd like addressed Dogg?
I have a thick skin just calling it as I see it.

Rising Stars-
Of course you are right that Zimbabwe is going to bleed cricketers to England. Thats been happening for 15 years now. The issue is its a strategic error for ZC in the RS program (which in itself is not a bad idea) to play it out the way they did because they gave these kids the chance to jump, on a platter. So ZC didnt help themselves. I also think alot of Taibu's motive was because he lives in England, which isnt good when thats clouding the judgment. In that Brickhill article in another thread it actually looks as if that ZC realise this and were damning of Taibu and thats why he got the boot.
There is nothing inherently wrong with the RS. Its actually an initiative I support/ed. I am just critical of its execution.

Blessing not protesting-
Only 6 players went on strike and the majority of the others didnt. The context is critical here. If Blessing did not have a job offer in his email, I wouldnt have made a peep. He would have been a young guy with alot to lose and although I'd rather him and the rest also join the protest, I could have complete understanding as to why he did not. This is why I have not mentioned the other platers except Hamilton who *should* have known better.
The fact that Blessing was a few weeks away from leaving, wasnt getting paid or not getting paid much and did not stand with the 6, even though BT pleaded, speaks volumes to me about his character.
Like I said, he had a free hit to help enact real change, and he chose to trade that with what amounts to an extended net session. I'm really surprised that the whole forum is not behind me on this one. This was a golden opportunity. Blessings presence in the protest would have meant more than the other players indiculdually because of the politics, A young black player striking is much more impacting.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:38 pm
jaybro wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:13 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:56 pm

Before you come at me with another unprovoked potshot at least address the points raised.
Unprovoked pot shot please Dogg surely a mud slinger like yourself has thicker skin, I've been disagreeing with you and calling you about about this whole thing since the very start.

I've brought up my points numerous times but you don't seem to want to listen to them because it doesn't suit your narrative, you just want to hammer the ZRS program and Blessing.

I don't really have an issue with the comments about the ZRS program because I can see your points, But I still think Blessing would have ended up there anyways, as I've said ( but you've ignored ) plenty of Zimbos play club cricket in England every European Summer, so Blessing would have ended up there and might have knocked up this chic anyways. You can blame Taibu & ZRS stars all you want but facts are these young guys are playing club cricket in England with or without the program, Zimbabwe will always lose players to England & Australia whilst the country is a mess and the board are incapable of organising a root in a brothel. POINT ADDRESSED

Again about the point of blaming Blessing for not standing up to the board ( which I've addressed in numerous posts ) REMEMBER ONLY 6 PLAYERS WENT ON STRIKE !!!!! And they're all back playing happy families because they got paid, really the strike did sweet fuck all and it was only about wages, NOT about changing the game in the Country. Why would Blessing follow the lead of those guys?? They were the minority the rest of the squad were happy to wait to get paid which they did. POINT ADDRESSED

Anything else you'd like addressed Dogg?
I have a thick skin just calling it as I see it.

Rising Stars-
Of course you are right that Zimbabwe is going to bleed cricketers to England. Thats been happening for 15 years now. The issue is its a strategic error for ZC in the RS program (which in itself is not a bad idea) to play it out the way they did because they gave these kids the chance to jump, on a platter. So ZC didnt help themselves. I also think alot of Taibu's motive was because he lives in England, which isnt good when thats clouding the judgment. In that Brickhill article in another thread it actually looks as if that ZC realise this and were damning of Taibu and thats why he got the boot.
There is nothing inherently wrong with the RS. Its actually an initiative I support/ed. I am just critical of its execution.

Blessing not protesting-
Only 6 players went on strike and the majority of the others didnt. The context is critical here. If Blessing did not have a job offer in his email, I wouldnt have made a peep. He would have been a young guy with alot to lose and although I'd rather him and the rest also join the protest, I could have complete understanding as to why he did not. This is why I have not mentioned the other platers except Hamilton who *should* have known better.
The fact that Blessing was a few weeks away from leaving, wasnt getting paid or not getting paid much and did not stand with the 6, even though BT pleaded, speaks volumes to me about his character.
Like I said, he had a free hit to help enact real change, and he chose to trade that with what amounts to an extended net session. I'm really surprised that the whole forum is not behind me on this one. This was a golden opportunity. Blessings presence in the protest would have meant more than the other players indiculdually because of the politics, A young black player striking is much more impacting.
It's stupid to call for Blessing to be in protest while u ignore, Chibhabha , Hamilton & Chigumbura ...
Those guy have played over 100 one day internationals but where not in the protest

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:44 am
It's stupid to call for Blessing to be in protest while u ignore, Chibhabha , Hamilton & Chigumbura ...
Those guy have played over 100 one day internationals but where not in the protest
They SHOULD have protested difference in an ideal world, but the difference is its a harder decisiobn because they may not have another source of income.

Hamilton I definitely agree with. He's senior and should know better, hes also a qualified lawyer I think? he has options and shouldve not been as weak as he was.

That protest includes Hammy, Blessing and Chatara and its a new level.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

You're looking at this with tunnel vision Dogg you can only see your point of view and nothing else.

I'll put it this way to you and see if this changes your mind? What happens if Blessing decides 'Yeah fuck it Im outta here anyways Im gonna strike' and other young black players like Tari perhaps followed suit. Nek minute Blessing is gone on his Kolpak deal and poor old Tari is left on the outer because he went against the board.

The fact Blessing was going to bail anyways would have made his action to strike pointless because he was risking nothing by going on strike. Yes it would have made a statement if he did, 'the young up and coming black star of Zimbabwe cricket' I see where your heads at, but going on strike then bailing to a new job takes away and weight the strike has.

Again a point you're missing is the strike was pointless, the players need a union which will decide when and where to strike, not six centrally contracted players who felt between them it was the right time. Remember out of all the players in the country only 6 went on strike, and remember when all the domestic players weren't getting paid the centrally contracted ones were happy to keep playing as long as they were getting paid.

Divide and rule is the ZC mantra and they continually do it successfully, until the players form a union and stick together on every agenda there will be no change, it wasn't and should never have been up to Blessing to make the stand and change the game, it might sound heroic for one man to stand up to the boss, but usually it still ends in tears.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

http://www.sundaymail.co.zw/muzarabanis-new-ways/

He says he doesn't miss international cricket at all :lol:

Didnt really want to talk about this again but it sounds like we might not see this guy for a while. As he says himself, he doesnt come from a priviledged background so this is his way out. Cant blame him for taking that path but he does sound ungrateful. Even if ZC treated him badly, he wouldnt be where he was without playing for Zimbabwe as well.

He is taking a big risk talking like that because county cricket isnt easy at all. He could flop badly there and need ZC again. These guys never forget. Just look at Raza. They will give him a shitty contract if that happens. Saw him on Saturday night and I must say the kid is ridiculously tall!

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I for one hope this guy never wears the red of Zimbabwe again. He will get injured playing cricket around the clock in the UK, and come crawling back to Zimbabwe where he will become an expert in the colonels secret recipe.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

eugene wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:36 pm
I for one hope this guy never wears the red of Zimbabwe again. He will get injured playing cricket around the clock in the UK, and come crawling back to Zimbabwe where he will become an expert in the colonels secret recipe.
Massive over reaction

For one he owes ZC nothing, this is sport if he were playing poorly he'd be out on his arse. It's a two way street he got his start through Zimbabwe but also gave them good service, as I said this is sport loyalty is dead.

Also again he's not the first player to use ZC as a platform to forge a career overseas, I don't understand why he's being made out to be such a terrible person?

And also once again he's a black kid from the ghetto in Zimbabwe can you really blame him for wanting a life in England (where he is expecting his first child) and relying on ZC to pay the bills isn't very smart as we all know.

I'm happy for him and hope he does well, if he returns one day that would be great

Also on a side note it would be interesting to go back and see how some people on the forum were acting when Jarvis left ZC high and dry and went Kolpak. Same situation KJ used playing for Zimbabwe to put himself on the map and got himself a good deal in England. I don't remember anyone calling him 'ungrateful' or calling him names like 'dog' and 'traitor', and I certainly don't remember anyone wishing injury and bad luck on him.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

eugene wrote:
Maybe he can be assistant manager and give insight and discounts to us on the Three piece feed.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

eugene wrote:
Thats really not fair on Muzarabani. He did what anyone else would at least contemplate and as jaybro said what Jarvis did. But Jarvis didn't get nearly as much hate, apart form maybe HHM. Its like we take it for granted that the black guys should just let ZC treat them like shit, but then wonder why the players "don't stand up" and take cricket back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I am not a fan of anyone signing a kolpak if you have been offered a national contract. Especially when you had an international deal on top of that. Why did he sign the deal now when he only starts next season? This is a slap in the face for fans who supported him. There was absolutely no logic in signing that deal already. Would it have been cancelled if he signed in December?

I was not happy when Jarvis or BT left too but were they offered international deals as an option?

I also think people need to separate the board and Zimbabwe Cricket as a whole. The fans always seem to be forgotten in all these things. We are important stakeholders. Arent we supposed to be the most important part? I dont know why any fan would he happy to see one of our best bowlers turn down a national contract and an opportunity to be an international county player for at least a season.

The ICC themselves said seeing thousands of people turning up for the qualifiers showed them cricket isnt dead in Zimbabwe.We are a very important part of all this. This is why im not happy when people go on strike for money which was always coming anyway or when you sign a kolpak. If nobody had turned up to watch the qualifiers our funding would have gone to somebody else.

I understand why he signed. Its a personal decision but every action has a reaction. He cant expect fans to be happy for him when he is suggesting he doesnt miss playing for his country at all. Thats an insult to us fans. Why would I then be singing his praises? I dont want him to get injured but I am not happy about his decision now that we know more about it