Some insights into Muzarabani Kolpak deal

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: Some insights into Muzarabani Kolpak deal

Post by Kriterion_BD »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:35 pm
Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:24 pm
sloandog wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:30 pm
Dubai is embarrassing. They have that world class facility and can never ever fill it. It's weird because you can hear what the players are shouting without the use of the stump microphone, it's that empty and quiet. I guess it doesn't help that the stadium is built right in the middle of no mans land hey..
The wickets are always as flat as they come and the cricket is usually boring to watch unless you wait for the highlights package in the evening.
Asia Cup games were packed for all the Bangladesh matches. India and Pakistan also drew crowds and Afghanistan have generated massive crowds at Sharjah vs Zimbabwe. Apart from Sri Lanka, I think the other 4 Asian sides can fill UAE grounds for limited overs cricket.
It was regarding test cricket
Only ENG, AUS, and SA regularly draw crowds for Tests. But each of IND PAK BD still have more TV viewers and followers than those 3 countries combined.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:28 pm
As for Musurabani, itss prolly just better to play the sour grapes game. He was an enciting talent and had some big moments in his short career. but I was a bit surprised to see his ODI bowling average was 40+ despite playing a good number of games against weak batting sides like Afghnaistan and Associates in the qualifiers.
He was sitting around 34 with the ball I think until the Pakistan series, that made his numbers blow out.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:34 pm
He was sitting around 34 with the ball I think until the Pakistan series, that made his numbers blow out.
PAK, SL, WI and BD (half the time), and AUS (recently) are also weak batting sides. At least when compared to juggernauts like India, England, NZ, and SA.

An average of 34 vs the likes of WCQ teams, AFG, and SL is OK but its not Mitchell Starc level stuff.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:07 pm
jaybro wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:34 pm
PAK, SL, WI and BD (half the time), and AUS (recently) are also weak batting sides. At least when compared to juggernauts like India, England, NZ, and SA.

An average of 34 vs the likes of WCQ teams, AFG, and SL is OK but its not Mitchell Starc level stuff.

Who is calling him Mitchell Starc?

Averaging 34 with the ball in ODI's for Zimbabwe is about the mark

Looking at what Blessing did against the same opposition in the same period he was better than Jarvis but well behind Chatara

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine ... pe=bowling
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

I have to admit that I was very disappointed when we lost Blessing to the Kolpak deal.Now that he is gone, does anyone know how he has been going in the UK cricket wise.
Has he been able to get a game with his team and play any competitive cricket?

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

He won't have played anything in England for a few months. We've had snow and sub zero temperatures. Northamptonshire's first games will be in April, so it will interesting to see if he starts for them and how he goes. It's not garuanteed. The standard of first class cricket here is better than people think, especially from afar. I believe Googly has made that point quite well several times.

The only cricket he may have played would be if Northants have a pre season season tour. Some counties go to the caribbean or more recently UAE. Those in Zim may remember that Zimbabwe used to be a pre-season destination for a few counties back in 90's.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I reckon he'll struggle.
Obviously I hope he doesn't, but I don't think he's strong enough to sustain the required pace for 3 spells in a FC match.
We'll soon find out, I guess.

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:06 am
I reckon he'll struggle.
Obviously I hope he doesn't, but I don't think he's strong enough to sustain the required pace for 3 spells in a FC match.
We'll soon find out, I guess.
I think he will struggle too, I am willing to put a wager on him being back in Zimbabwe cricket within two years.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

zimfan1 wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:39 pm
I think he will struggle too, I am willing to put a wager on him being back in Zimbabwe cricket within two years.
Yeah I'd wager that Muzurabani will struggle as well unless he improves his game. He's got the height and decent pace, but that alone isn't enough. They are excellent raw tools because neither height nor pace can be coached. But he played mostly against Associate sides and still didn't manage an average of under 40.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

When I faced him last summer, he was very playable lets put it that way. Either too full or too short