Some insights into Muzarabani Kolpak deal

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Some insights into Muzarabani Kolpak deal

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

TapsC

Re: Some insights into Muzarabani Kolpak deal

Post by TapsC »

Ok. This is very interesting. I was all 100% in support of Blessing but I cant believe he didnt have to take a Kolpak deal but he took it anyway :o

If that's the case then maybe the ungrateful talk had some truth in it if i'm being honest. That is shocking.

This is why the flashing lights of the UK argument holds weight too. He clearly wanted to be permanently based in the first world. There is no other explanation that makes sense. He was in prime position for a good deal with ZC and with the ICC now paying salaries then what exactly is the problem?

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:07 am
Ok. This is very interesting. I was all 100% in support of Blessing but I cant believe he didnt have to take a Kolpak deal but he took it anyway :o

If that's the case then maybe the ungrateful talk had some truth in it if i'm being honest. That is shocking.

This is why the flashing lights of the UK argument holds weight too. He clearly wanted to be permanently based in the first world. There is no other explanation that makes sense. He was in prime position for a good deal with ZC and with the ICC now paying salaries then what exactly is the problem?
It’s shocking but it isn’t a news flash. NickG mentiiinws that himself here in the forum a few weeks ago in a thread I forgot to reply too. I think we know who Nick G now after reading that article ;)

But to the point. Yes he is selfish because he has a chncst I make a stand with these two offers in the tank. And yes, Rising Stars, as I have said form the beginning, was doomed because any talented players could forge relationships with local British girls/businessman/clubs and be subject to poaching. Headed by a person who migrated, AKA essentially did that himself.
This thought has now clearly been shown to be correct.Taps and Eugene understand this.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I am shocked that he had an overseas offer on the table. He really wanted to get away from ZC direction of his career I guess.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Maybe the Kolpak was a longer and more lucrative deal ??

I doubt he would have got a 3 year deal as an overseas player, county sides have to be very smart with their overseas players.

There could be many reasons why he took the kolpak deal, and yes maybe living in England full time was one of them. But does that make him selfish ??

Cmon we all know the issues with living in Zim so you could hardly blame the kid for wanting to live in England instead of Zimbabwe. There are plenty of other players white and black doing the same, it’s not Blessing’s fault he got selected to play for Zimbabwe he just did the best with the hand his was dealt.

We talk about how poorly these guys are treated yet you all seem so keen to turn your back on Blessing and call him selfish or a traitor because he took his chance and left.

He’s not the first Zimbo to play a handful of internationals then jet set to England
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Yeah, if it was a 3 year deal versus a 1 year deal then fair enough.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I reckon he'll go down the same route as Anthony Ireland. He'll do well initially because of the surprise element, but essentially fall off the radar. Hope I'm wrong though. Plus, he's a much better bowler than Ireland

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Jemisi wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:45 am
That's the thing we don't know the full details so I find it harsh Blessing is being called every name under the sun.

And again I wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave Zimbabwe for good, the country is a mess sadly with no sign of change.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

NickG

Post by NickG »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:46 pm
Jemisi wrote:
That's the thing we don't know the full details so I find it harsh Blessing is being called every name under the sun.

And again I wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave Zimbabwe for good, the country is a mess sadly with no sign of change.
You're right you can't blame him. And to suggest, as Zimdoggy has, that it is in some way the fault of Rising Stars that Blessing chose this route is utter nonsense. As I alluded to in the article and elsewhere, the state of ZC has brought this on - they are in a mess and he wanted out.

Trying to develop the next generation of Zimbabwe cricketers and then being castigated/blamed for players wishing to leave a corrupt and mismanaged system is something I could quite frankly do without. Tell you what, we'll just do nothing next time and let Zimbabwe cricket continue its slide into the mire...

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

NickG wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:20 pm
jaybro wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:46 pm
Jemisi wrote:

You're right you can't blame him. And to suggest, as Zimdoggy has, that it is in some way the fault of Rising Stars that Blessing chose this route is utter nonsense. As I alluded to in the article and elsewhere, the state of ZC has brought this on - they are in a mess and he wanted out.

Trying to develop the next generation of Zimbabwe cricketers and then being castigated/blamed for players wishing to leave a corrupt and mismanaged system is something I could quite frankly do without. Tell you what, we'll just do nothing next time and let Zimbabwe cricket continue its slide into the mire...
Nick I like you, but you are quite frankly very wrong and naive on this topic.

This was a strategic error on ZC's account. No doubt about it. From ZC's perspective. How can you even say otherwise when its been proven with Blessing?
This is like a broke guy letting his hot girlfriend, whom he just had an argument with, stay at Channing Tatums holiday house for the weekend with him to gain acting/hollywood experience, then acting surprised when you found out she sucked him off after a few wines.
WTF you/ZC think was going to happen if any of the stars showed promise?

You took kids, coming from the third world, into a first world environment for however many months and expected NONE of the below to happen.

-For players to forge relationships with local clubs/counties
-Talented players to not be scouted by other player agents
-Players to not develop a relationship with a local girl
-Players to not find local employment paying more than they ever could in Zim (I admit this ones a stretch.
-Players to happily go back and say 'thanks for the trip' into their meagre existence.

All this, under the guidance of a role model who left Zimbabwe for this very same country.
Taibu's always been one to lead by example.

This is the game of life, the chess pieces have been moved and you and ZC havent seen the danger. These are kids with nothing to lose, they arent established like BT, nor have the options. This was always closer to a situation like the African olympians jumping the village every 4 years.

Not to mention;
Rising Stars played and developed in English conditions. Zimbabwe do not play in England.
You could say the RS played in Britain to play during the off season, but lets be honest, Taibu just wanted to run it from where he lived.

What should have happened?

RS tour India and Sri Lanka, learn to play spin and develop in hostile conditions. Cheaper overheads too.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*