Your XI for the first ODI v RSA

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Your XI for the first ODI v RSA

Post by jaybro »

Time to get those first XI’s in fellas, for me it’s pretty straight forward just a question out of Chigumbura or Moor and Tiripano or Ngarava.

Mire
Hami
BT
Ervine
Moor
Williams
Murray wk
Tiripano
Jarvis
Wellington
Chatara

Theee guys in there I’m not too happy about being Moor, Wellington and Donald, but with Raza, Blessing & Cremer gone that’s my side.

Need Tiripano in case we crumble plus Ngarava will likely get mauled.

Moor & Murray instead of Chigumbura although I like Burl & Tari but they’re not in the squad.

I don’t have anything against Wellington but personally id have Chisoro and maybe even Magarira in front of him, especially Chisoro for his batting.

I like Kamunhukamwe but I think at this stage in his career the protea seamers will have too many tricks for him.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

TapsC

Re: Your XI for the first ODI v RSA

Post by TapsC »

To be honest i'm thinking Elton has a better chance against quality seamers than PJ simply because of experience. I would go with that same XI only changing Elton for PJ or maybe Murray. If BT is back he can keep so Murray isnt an automatic selection for me. He looks good but can he clear the ropes if he is required to since he is batting so low down the order.
With what we have I would go with.
Hami
Mire
PJ
BT
Ervine
Williams
Elton
Tiripano
Wellington
Jarvis
Chatara

Our bowling is going to be taken apart. I think Mpofu should have been in the ODI squad over Tiripano but they were probably afraid of a collapse with a long tail. Experience is key against the very best.

Chibhabha is also a better pick in seaming conditions than PJ in my opinion because he times it better. He just cant play spin which will be a small issue in SA.

For us to even steal a game we need BT Hami and Elton at the backend to perform miracles although I fear we are going to be chasing 350+ half the time.

The only bright side of this is that half the team faced what I think is a top 3 pace attack 2 months ago so they shouldnt be spooked. Losing Blessing to practice to in the nets is a big blow though.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

My squad. That id have picked ! (available)

1. Mire
2. Chibhaba
3. Hami
4. Ervine
5. Taylor
6. Williams
7. Tari
8. Raza
9. Chisoro
10. Jarvis
11. Chatara

Longbatting lineup plus 10 from Chats, Jarv, Chisoro. Then 20 overs between Raza, Williams, Chamu and Mire. This works from any viewpoint you look at it from, in my humble opinion. It’s beyond annoying that these selectors are too dumb and narrow minded to see it.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

1 Mire
2 Masakadza (c)
3 Murray (wk)
4 Ervine
5 Taylor
6 Williams
7 Moor
8 Tiripano
9 Mavuta
10 Jarvis
11 Chatara

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

T Kamunhukamwe
S Mire
R Murray
H Masakaza
C Ervine
B Taylor
S Williams
B Mavuta
W Masakadza
K Jarvis
T Chatara

Few odis are nothing a chance for Tinashe Kamunhukamwe, Mavuta & Murray to prove their worth, both shoud feature in playing xi

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:28 am
The only bright side of this is that half the team faced what I think is a top 3 pace attack 2 months ago so they shouldnt be spooked. Losing Blessing to practice to in the nets is a big blow though.
Granted they've just reduced Bangladesh to 12-3 inside 5 overs, but I think the Pakistan pace attack is a bit overrated at least in ODIs. Amir hasn't taken a wicket in his last 6 games apparently. Hasan is averaging over 50 in the Asia Cup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I would use your XI Jaybro, but with Williams above Moor.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Jemisi wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:19 am
I would use your XI Jaybro, but with Williams above Moor.
That’s fair
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

SpitfiresKent

Post by SpitfiresKent »

1. Mire
2. H Masakadza
3. Ervine
4. Taylor (c & w/k)
5. Williams
6. Chigumbura
7. Moor
8. Tiripano
9. Jarvis
10. W Masakadza
11. Chatara

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

Black Mamba wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:32 pm
T Kamunhukamwe
S Mire
R Murray
H Masakaza
C Ervine
B Taylor
S Williams
B Mavuta
W Masakadza
K Jarvis
T Chatara

Few odis are nothing a chance for Tinashe Kamunhukamwe, Mavuta & Murray to prove their worth, both shoud feature in playing xi
Zimbabwe (possible): 1 Solomon Mire, 2 Hamilton Masakadza (capt), 3 Craig Ervine, 4 Brendan Taylor, 5 Sean Williams, 6 Peter Moor/Ryan Murray (wk), 7 Elton Chigumbura/ Mavuta (if chigumbura-can't bowl), 8 Wellington Masakadza, 9 Kyle Jarvis, 10 Tendai Chatara, 11 Richard Ngarava.