[Match Thread] Zimbabwe vs South Africa, 2nd ODI

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe vs South Africa, 2nd ODI

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Detective RDS wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:01 pm

Mushfiqur is a very fine batsman and one of the top players of Bangladesh.
Same could be said of Trump. Donald Trump is a very fine leader and one of the top Presidents of the United States.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:26 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:23 pm
Zimbabwe to get more or less than 80 in reply. Pitch going to get ugly. Taking bets!
What are your odds on Steyn to get 50+?
As one of the experienced pros he knows to come out and treat Zim with total disrespect.
There’s a lot of gambling expertise right here !
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:17 pm
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:26 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:23 pm
Zimbabwe to get more or less than 80 in reply. Pitch going to get ugly. Taking bets!
What are your odds on Steyn to get 50+?
As one of the experienced pros he knows to come out and treat Zim with total disrespect.
There’s a lot of gambling expertise right here !
True. I’ve made a fortune betting against Zimbabwe. Very predictable team at the moment.

They will not win a game against SA or Bangladesh. There’s another prediction!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:46 pm
jaybro wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:42 pm
I can’t stand Imran Tahir

Absolute gronk
Stirling, Shahzad, Rashid, and now Tahir's on your list :D

I'm wondering if any BD players have made it, haha.
I don’t think I’ve ever said I don’t like Rashid Khan ?? He annoys me because he always rips us apart but I don’t have genuine dis like for him.

Shahzad 100%

Stirling I don’t hate I just like calling him a fat c#%*

Tahir is a gronk the way he carries on makes my skin crawl,
I often think back to the test match in Adelaide where Warner, Clarke and Hussey took him to town he was going for 7 and 8 and over at times. He got a wicket in the second innings and carried on like a clown only to be called for a no-ball 😂😂😂😂

Seeing him take 6 last night didn’t go down so well
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:27 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever said I don’t like Rashid Khan ?? He annoys me because he always rips us apart but I don’t have genuine dis like for him.

Shahzad 100%

Stirling I don’t hate I just like calling him a fat c#%*

Tahir is a gronk the way he carries on makes my skin crawl,
I often think back to the test match in Adelaide where Warner, Clarke and Hussey took him to town he was going for 7 and 8 and over at times. He got a wicket in the second innings and carried on like a clown only to be called for a no-ball 😂😂😂😂

Seeing him take 6 last night didn’t go down so well
I think annoyance is a flavor of dislike. Stirling being a fat cunt would also be a pejorative in the US but according the Matt LeBlanc (Joey from Friends) Brits use cunt in a very different context, I'm guessing Aussies do too. Tahir is one of the best ODI bowlers around and passionate. If he didn't celebrate at all, it would worse because that would be like him saying wickets against ZIM are too cheap to be celebrated.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Very disappointing effort with the bat last night yes the pitch was dodgy but the boys actually did well to resist Steyn and Ngidi.

Ervine was brave but was unlucky to get caught by Phehlukwayo, ripper catch that was. Hamilton’s lbw to Ngidi would have been overturned if there was DRS.

But the fact the boys have Tahir 6 wickets was embarrassing and it looked as though some of them didn’t have the ticker to stick it out.

Chigumbura’s dismissal was terrible trying to guide Phehlukwayo to third man when there is 2 slips.

Williams just doesn’t look as though he’s ever willing to dig in and see off difficult periods, he just plays his shots and if he gets out too bad. Always been a big fan of his but my patience is running out.

BT & Moor tried to stay out there but both got caught on the crease to Tahir, against the likes of Tahir & Rashid Khan you can’t just stand on the crease they’ll get you sooner or later.

I just think if you look at how brave Ervine & Hami we’re against Steyn & Ngidi it was pathetic how easy the rest got out.

Hopefully the next pitch is a bit more friendly and if it is I’d be playing Murray and Kamunhukamwe for Moor and Chigs.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:35 pm
Very disappointing effort with the bat last night yes the pitch was dodgy but the boys actually did well to resist Steyn and Ngidi.

Ervine was brave but was unlucky to get caught by Phehlukwayo, ripper catch that was. Hamilton’s lbw to Ngidi would have been overturned if there was DRS.

But the fact the boys have Tahir 6 wickets was embarrassing and it looked as though some of them didn’t have the ticker to stick it out.

Chigumbura’s dismissal was terrible trying to guide Phehlukwayo to third man when there is 2 slips.

Williams just doesn’t look as though he’s ever willing to dig in and see off difficult periods, he just plays his shots and if he gets out too bad. Always been a big fan of his but my patience is running out.

BT & Moor tried to stay out there but both got caught on the crease to Tahir, against the likes of Tahir & Rashid Khan you can’t just stand on the crease they’ll get you sooner or later.

I just think if you look at how brave Ervine & Hami we’re against Steyn & Ngidi it was pathetic how easy the rest got out.

Hopefully the next pitch is a bit more friendly and if it is I’d be playing Murray and Kamunhukamwe for Moor and Chigs.
I am embarrassed by the way the Zim batters did
Tari would have been valuable because he played in Africa Cup
Zhuuwao's aggressive ness would have helped instead of Mire
Time to drop Chigs for Murray
The bowlers did an excellent job
What if Welly had played imagine...
Dropping Mire for another opener should be considered

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

Knew I should have slept earlier, glad I didn't bother staying up for the Zim innings. Absolute utter tripe. All that talk of experience and still nothing to back it up. I've been saying this for a while now, if we are going to be humiliated, might as well get the youngsters in and give them the game time. Get them to play the game, and actually coach them and teach them properly. Maybe instil in them some fight and a new mentality.

Our guys are too scared. They see a wicket doing something and they panic. They play to not lose their wicket, as opposed to try and win. A bowler out of ODIs for two years pummelled us with the bat. We then just capitulated with the bat.

What does Elton actually bring to this team? Blood some youngsters. At times, the commentators were talking about us with some disdain, and I don't blame them. It seems to be a common thought in world cricket lately, how terrible Zim are. I've heard a lot of people talk so lowly of us, and they are right. It's sad.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

At 101/7, I thought we had a chance. How wrong was I...

Not having Tari in the touring squad and not playing Murray in the XI are ridiculous decisions. Those were the only two guys who had match practice and were doing well in SA conditions not so long ago.

Why the hell did they drop Wellington for yesterday?

We are still playing Chigumbura. So, nothing more to expect from the selectors anymore.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:32 am

We are still playing Chigumbura. So, nothing more to expect from the selectors anymore.
You know who the selectors will drop Chigs for - possibly even as early as the BD tour. Chamu Chibabha since he has a lot of experience.

Write that one down. I'm still waiting of Vusi to get a recall, he wouldn't have done any worse.

But the reluctance to blood Murray is alarming. And where the fuck is Mumba?