Player Ratings for RSA ODI Series

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Player Ratings for RSA ODI Series

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

As good as these leagues like County 2s are for the average cricketer, getting excited and filling an international team with reserve domestic players isnt going to win games on the international stage.

As of now, we probably have about 6 players that might be good enough for county ones, and look how many games we win with those.

To make a difference we need genuine international quality or at least first class players.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:47 pm
As good as these leagues like County 2s are for the average cricketer, getting excited and filling an international team with reserve domestic players isnt going to win games on the international stage.

As of now, we probably have about 6 players that might be good enough for county ones, and look how many games we win with those.

To make a difference we need genuine international quality or at least first class players.
If we could get these guys back into the domestic setup it would lift the standard and hopefully improve the overall quality of the national team players.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Ives looked solid if not unspectacular when he played,i'll agree, but he had a really solid technique and drove well; that's what caught my attention, his driving on the up against Mahmood. Evans I can't say if he can bat or not as he got a first ball duck (a jaffer mind) when we faced his side, but his bowling was really nippy. Easily in and around the early 80's on a green seamer. Bumped our pro as well and hit him flush on the lid, didn't check to see if he was ok, just stared and turned around. Attitude we need with the ball! :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:57 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:

If we could get these guys back into the domestic setup it would lift the standard and hopefully improve the overall quality of the national team players.
make ni mistake i would love them back for that reason.

The player that does make me exited is Murray, something about him. Has ticker.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:55 am
jaybro wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:57 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:

make ni mistake i would love them back for that reason.

The player that does make me exited is Murray, something about him. Has ticker.
I’m not going to lie and act like I’ve seen a lot of these guys play ( I mostly go off reports and scorecards ) but of the few I’ve seen these are the youngsters I like

Byrom - Looks calm and composed at the crease stays very still. A guy who is good enough to open in county cricket will do for Zimbabwe.

Ives - His innings against England in the World Cup was top notch against a good attack, seemed to have a good temperament and played his shots.

Murray - Strong lad hits the ball hard and good hands behind the stumps.

Mashinge - Big strong lad again and looks like a guy with attitude that doesn’t want to lose, Zim could use that attitude around the national side.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement