[Match Thread] Zimbabwe vs South Africa, 1st T20

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe vs South Africa, 1st T20

Post by Googly »

And get Raza back urgently and replace Welly with him.
That’s a decent team.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Where SA did their homework was opening with Tahir. Hami and Chamu both struggle against spin. If they do that again then they should push Williams up the order like 1 commentator suggested. Without Tahir we would have come really close. He has been our biggest headache. Although he almost always bowls the googly first up against a new batsman. Dont know how they keep falling for the same trick.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well our mindset is to see off Tahir. I knew they’d open with him. We’d have been better off getting Cephas and telling him to play him like an offie.
If you could get Welch, Muyeye and Lake back here in a couple of years time you’d be spoilt for choice for destructive T20 batsmen.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I’m just using the players that are in the squad Googly

Chisoro has a bad day, but that doesn’t make him a bad bowler. Hamilton stuffed up bowling him that second over to Faf after the South African captain had hit him for two sixes in the previous over. I’ll back Chisoro to bounce back.

Batting is a serious issue for ZC right now especially considering there aren’t many good young batsman coming through, if the oldies keep failing they’re going to be stuffed.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Those were monster hits from Moor, and seeing Vermuelan shouting in slow motion probably made my night aha!I wish he'd play like that more often. He was showing some grit and form in the Pakistan series with a half century and 48*, maybe these are little watershed moments for him.

Here's a question I want you guys to answer for me.

Q; What is Chibahba and Chigumbura bringing to this side now? Neither bowl (or bowl well) and both look like they're totally passed it when it comes to the bat.

The experience of Mpofu was very clear to see this evening, with those slower balls and mixing up on the length. Jarvis was very lucky to collect those last two wickets, bowling length deliveries.

I don't know who Flakeman is watching, but Mavuta looks like a serious talent. How good is his googly?! Leg spinners are always going to bowl the odd bad ball but this kid hardly bowled any this evening. For me he's been the find of the tour so far; very very impressed.

SpitfiresKent

Post by SpitfiresKent »

I really do hope the selectors re think both squads before going to Bangladesh.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

Sloan, Mavuta was excellent tonight. FairPlay. But he was average during the ODIs and drags too many balls down, but credit where it’s due tonight.

The way Faf handled Chisoro was genius. Chisoro has a T20I economy of 6 for a reason though. He literally almost bowled every ball to Faf and I think would’ve troubled the others.

Guys need to see off Tahir or something. I’m not sure but other than him they weren’t great. Ngidi has talent but I feel like wiping that smug look off his face every time I see him.

Poor Shamsi haha. He must be mortified.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:34 pm
Those were monster hits from Moor, and seeing Vermuelan shouting in slow motion probably made my night aha!I wish he'd play like that more often. He was showing some grit and form in the Pakistan series with a half century and 48*, maybe these are little watershed moments for him.

Here's a question I want you guys to answer for me.

Q; What is Chibahba and Chigumbura bringing to this side now? Neither bowl (or bowl well) and both look like they're totally passed it when it comes to the bat.

The experience of Mpofu was very clear to see this evening, with those slower balls and mixing up on the length. Jarvis was very lucky to collect those last two wickets, bowling length deliveries.

I don't know who Flakeman is watching, but Mavuta looks like a serious talent. How good is his googly?! Leg spinners are always going to bowl the odd bad ball but this kid hardly bowled any this evening. For me he's been the find of the tour so far; very very impressed.
Agree with all of the above

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

SpitfiresKent wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:01 pm
I really do hope the selectors re think both squads before going to Bangladesh.
Madness to pick the squads prior

Selection has once again become a shambles

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Selection of players based on criteria

Hamilton Masakadza & Chris Mpofu - Once Asset, now has become liability balancing act is going on for his contribution to Zimbabwe Cricket

Solomon Mire - Tourist Category

Craig Ervine - Past Performances & What he can do ifs/buts etc

Sean Williams - Ship is starting from the source but never reaches the destination

Peter Moor & Tendai Chisoro - Bits & Pieces Cricketer

Chamu Chibhabha & Elton Chigumbura - Selector's Friend Category

Tarisai Musakanda & Ryan Burl. - Use & Throw Category. Picking them & Kicking them takes place within a short period of time.

Ryan Murray & W Masakadza - Official Bench Warmer, developed more as an extra player & carrying drinks

Cephas Zhuwao & T Kamhukunkamwe - Club Representatives
Robo to rule :oops: