[Match Thread] Zimbabwe vs South Africa, 1st T20

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe vs South Africa, 1st T20

Post by sloandog »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:22 am
Flakeman wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:37 am
Chatara is quite built. Trust me there. Jarvis is ripped. The rest are pretty insignificantly built. Rabada is pretty slim, he’s about 6’3, and he just has super long arms. I’ve spoken to him a bit before, he’s a real orangutan with those arms.
He’s well built compared to Blessing & Bobby

You’re right Chatara is a tank, that’s why before his injury he could get the ball through at pace.
Any pace Chatara once had has well and truly evaporated. In 2009 he and Jarvis could have been fucking lethal with their pace and bounce. Before he left for Lancashire Jarvis had some pace and really ran through the crease, opposed to now stopping and making use of what ever momentum there is left after the holt at the crease.
Chatara used to use that left arm much much more as well, if you look at the T20 between Zimbabwe and India fro 2010 in Harare you'll see what I mean.
Get Diplock in there, he's a well built bloke and tall!

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Need Mark Olonga, Kyle Bowie & Daniel Jakiel
Robo to rule :oops:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Tahir has been released from the t20 squad. We now really do have a chance to sneak in a win

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:32 am
Tahir has been released from the t20 squad. We now really do have a chance to sneak in a win
Why would they do that? selectors baffle me sometimes they really do. Unless it's due to personal/family reasons I would be fuming if I was Tahir. As a leg spinner surely it makes more sense to get as many overs under the belt as possible, to get the rhythm flowing. Not only that, but he's taking wickets for fun in the past 4 internationals he's played. Giving a chance to one of his competitors no doubt, which again would really piss me off if I was Tahir.

How long do we think he'll keep playing for? He's 39 and still appears to be in good shape and taking wickets.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I would be pissed too if I was Tahir. I dont think he went to sri lanka. From the selectors point of view I guess they are making it a sink or swim moment for Shamsi.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:16 pm
I would be pissed too if I was Tahir. I dont think he went to sri lanka. From the selectors point of view I guess they are making it a sink or swim moment for Shamsi.
Not impressed with Shamsi, at all. He doesn't turn the ball and doesn't have the edge that Tahir has. Plus, he doesn't attack the stumps anywhere near enough. But (not to sound racial) he's the right colour and helps them with their quota percentage :roll:

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Flakeman wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:37 am
Chatara is quite built. Trust me there. Jarvis is ripped. The rest are pretty insignificantly built. Rabada is pretty slim, he’s about 6’3, and he just has super long arms. I’ve spoken to him a bit before, he’s a real orangutan with those arms.
Jarvis is neither skinny (like Shafiul Islam) nor is he jacked (like Gulbadin Naib). He has the perfect wiry/lean build for a fast bowler. You have to understand that as physicically demanding as fast bowling is, you don’t want even an extra pound of muscle in arms that are swinging around as it creates undue stress at the shoulder joint without any gain.

Chatara is NOT built. If you look at his arms there is zero muscle definition. He’s just not the skinny lad he was when he debuted.

Rabada is lean or wiry as well. He’s not fat, but he isn’t jacked either. He’s built the same as Jarvis.

Ngidi is also not particularly built, he’s just not skinny but he also has no real muscle tone. In fact his thighs are a bit plump though nowhere near Panyangara’s level.

Shannon Gabriel is a fucking tank. Pat Cummins and Mitchell Starc are lean/wiry. Josh Hazelwood is neither.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

Googly

Post by Googly »

Look no further than Robbie Frylinck as a big unit. Serious bowler. I’m sure he played for Proteas but I’m not seeing that on google.
Why aren’t they picking Chris Morris for these T20’s?
I wonder what’s happened to Marchand De Lange and Philander?
I’d pick Morris and Philander ahead of Phehlukwayo and Dala.

dang8811

Post by dang8811 »

Googly wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:57 pm
Look no further than Robbie Frylinck as a big unit. Serious bowler. I’m sure he played for Proteas but I’m not seeing that on google.
Why aren’t they picking Chris Morris for these T20’s?
I wonder what’s happened to Marchand De Lange and Philander?
I’d pick Morris and Philander ahead of Phehlukwayo and Dala.
De Lange went Kolpak and is contracted to Glamorgan. Frylinck played a couple of T20s for SA last year.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Ngidi is a tank
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement